Reminder Secure

Can you still get photo shoots/paid work while conceiving?

This thread is being watched by 1 person
Chris Dee is off-line
25 August 2014 04:53
ChrisD
Photographer
ChrisD
Hampshire

Quote from RedChecker
You can actually get decent money going through the motions of conceiving on camera though

smiley

Chrissie Red is off-line
25 August 2014 05:29
Chrissie_Red
Model
Chrissie_Red
Tayside
Perthshire

I think it depends on who the model is to be honest.

I've known a couple of agency models who have got pregnant and worked pretty much right the way through while expecting - doing mother/pregnancy publications and modelling maternity wear - artistic nude bump shoots.

Then I've known other models who have maybe had a shoot or two towards the end of their pregnancy to show the bump off.

I've also known models who have gotten pregnant and walked away from modelling and lost most of the confidence they had in their body, plus their pregnancies were anything but "simple" and they spent many months feeling like Chrissie_Red is a naughty person so the last thing they wanted was photographic evidence of it.

If you are planning a pregnancy I strongly urge you to get a few shoots under your belt before the process begins. Shoots can be a marvellous way of getting a little confidence boost but there are times when it has the opposite effect and when your body is going through such a dramatic change I'm guessing it hits you even harder than it would normally.

Good luck

28 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
ElleLaura Jessica_Knight RoxyMendez
antoinewynn chopper_images colinpierce csk_photography djb1 Essexjohn eyecandiphotography GGDP_Photography hylander ignite JohnDentonPhoto keltica lify MIB nickdandalos panda49 paulq photosareu poah psn stevegosh TinDolls Tricky7 VB_Photo Vinceb