Reminder Secure

Keeping Track Of Bookings

19 August 2014 10:03
emmwood
Model

Hey everyone!

Just wondering what you've all found to be the best way to record bookings?

Over the years I've used laptop calendar, Word, a physical diary and an excel spreadsheet.

How do you guys do it? Looking for the most constructive method possible! Thanks!!

Chrissie Red is off-line
19 August 2014 10:09
Chrissie_Red
Model
Chrissie_Red
Tayside
Perthshire

I find a physical diary best - I also set up a little memo on the computer with the details.
An actual calendar is probably good to - a big reminder staring at you from the wall!
If both of them fail then I've usually mentally remembered at least who I'm working with and can get to their messages quickly enough online.

Alan Johnson is off-line
20 August 2014 02:14
Alan_Jay
Photographer
Alan_Jay
South Yorkshire

I use an A4 year planner on my office wall with colour coded dots for quick reference.
A paper diary for detailed info and basic info on my iPhone.  i.e. name and contact number.

I use the system for my day job, motorcycling, family commitments etc. as well as photography.

The diary stays on my desk,  so that if I'm not in my wife can see what I've got planned.  She will pencil in any commitments and mark the wall planner.
I set reminders where needed on my phone.
You can't buy happiness, but you can buy a motorbike and that's pretty close! :o)

KHV is off-line
21 August 2014 14:12
Keltica
Photographer
Keltica
London
London

I use Microsoft Outlook, part of Microsoft Office which not only is an email client but is a diary and a PIM (Personal Information Manager).

I can record details of future shoots, and it will inform me days, or weeks ahead of the shoot with a pop up reminder, as I launch it every time I boot up my PC.

HowardJ is off-line
21 August 2014 14:48
HowardJ
Photographer
HowardJ
Surrey
West Midlands

How about the purestorm shoot diary?

21 August 2014 14:54
JadedRed
Model

I keep a Google calendar across my devices with almost everything I do in it (literally taking a bath or buying groceries, all in there). So it's not difficult for me to keep up.

HowardJ is off-line
21 August 2014 15:13
HowardJ
Photographer
HowardJ
Surrey
West Midlands

Quote from JadedRed
I keep a Google calendar across my devices with almost everything I do in it (literally taking a bath or buying groceries, all in there). So it's not difficult for me to keep up.

and you trust them with that level of information?

have you read their user agreement in detail and what usage rights they have?

21 August 2014 15:21
JadedRed
Model

Quote from HowardJ
and you trust them with that level of information? have you read their user agreement in detail and what usage rights they have?

If they can do anything with information like "bath" and "buy cake" let them crack on.

I'm hardly James Bond.

26 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
ElleLaura Kacie MissCaraJane pinklilly QueenDeeVa01 RoxyMendez Sammy_Louise Sarahlou73
ad360photo antoinewynn chandos david1500 iestyn john_at_tina_spice Jpdo JRFox lemonvalleystudio markeos50d Matt1988 peterh PhilWinterbourne rscott360 ScottMCCCXIV shinywear Shootonlocation Steveh32