Reminder Secure

Web sites in China blocked (but Purestorm isn't.)

Paul thomas Ford is off-lineSilver Member
07 August 2014 05:43
paulford
Photographer
paulford
South Yorkshire
Doncaster

Yay! this isn't one of them, Not yet anyway though it would be because of the content on it. Quite a lot of very attractive women in the city but I've not got the bottle to ask. could be good for street photography, But might attract the armed to the teeth police, ours have little sticks and pepper spray they have automatic rifles.

Bob is off-linePlatinum Member
07 August 2014 12:52
Bob
Photographer
Bob
Devon
Honiton

Quote from paulford
might attract the armed to the teeth police, ours have little sticks and pepper spray they have automatic rifles.

And they know how to use those rifles, as I witnessed three months back. Chinese Police teams, including the legendary Snow Leopards, swept the board at the international 'Special Operations Olympics' contest in Jordan.

Images © Bob Morrison

Rupert Rudd is off-line
07 August 2014 12:54
RupertRudd
Photographer
RupertRudd
East Yorkshire
Hull

Doncaster been moved to China?
A little help is worth a lot of sympathy.

09 August 2014 14:06
paulford
Photographer
paulford
South Yorkshire
Doncaster

No I moved there for a week, Was frantically searching web sites that I could get on and understand! thought this one would be firewalled big style.

Mao Zhu Photography is off-line
10 August 2014 09:33
MaoZhu
Photographer

Wiltshire
Warminster

I lived and worked in China for a year in 2000/ 2001, I never had one problem, I took many street photographs including in Tienanmen square. In all the time I was there I was not stopped or asked what I was doing by any policeman. My impression was that a lot of peoples perception about China is wrong.

10 August 2014 10:50
paulford
Photographer
paulford
South Yorkshire
Doncaster

Quote from MaoZhu
I lived and worked in China for a year in 2000/ 2001, I never had one problem, I took many street photographs including in Tienanmen square. In all the time I was there I was not stopped or asked what I was doing by any policeman. My impression was that a lot of peoples perception about China is wrong.

No problem with me either police seemed ok very very strict with security going into Tian'anmen square though, metal detectors over your body and bags through X-ray machines.

Simon Chan is off-line
10 August 2014 13:02
Chandos
Photographer

Merseyside
Liverpool

Quote from MaoZhu

That is right which brings me back to this video shot by a Guardian journalist 5 years ago. If you film footages like this in London you be lucky not to be stopped after a couple of minutes
http://vimeo.com/2327058

I recall a BBC journalist in China who often wrote about strict policing there then one day he complains about "a great deal of lawlessness in China". So which is it BBC man?

gaffer is off-line
11 August 2014 14:49
gaffer
Photographer
gaffer
East Yorkshire

I live in China part of the year and will be back again next month. I don't do street photography, mostly travel/landscapes for blogs etc., so maybe I'm considered harmless, because in the last 7 years I've had no problems being stopped. However, last week Dropbox was blocked which is a pain as I use it regularly, so I'm surprised that Purestorm is escaping ..... give 'em time.

Suzy Monty is off-lineSilver Member
12 August 2014 03:39
SuzyMonty
Model
SuzyMonty
Cornwall
Truro Cornwall -enjoy travelling! -Published Internationally

China did a UTube video of me last year...didn't ask me, they just did it...

Got of World wide exposure because of this story...lol...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KgD4jgrTGyA&sns=em
Elizabeth Arden quote - 'I'm not interested in age. People who tell their age are silly. You're as old as you feel' OR LOOK...

gaffer is off-line
12 August 2014 04:48
gaffer
Photographer
gaffer
East Yorkshire

It's surprising how many Chinese YouTube clips there are considering that YouTube is blocked in mainland China...and Facebook...and Twitter. (unless you use a VPN). I guess they come from Hong Kong or Macau.

12 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
Livespirit pinklilly Winterlilly
AaronKent bengie guitarman Ladiesman MauricesImagery mlp panda49 Reynard Rhadamanthus