Notifying Twitter and Facebook?

This thread is being watched by 1 person
RHMPhotographic is off-linePlatinum Member
06 August 2014 06:51
RHMPhotographic
Photographer
RHMPhotographic
London

Is there a way to automatically update my Twitter feed and Facebook page when I upload an image here?
Richard @ www.rhmphotographic.com

marlham is off-line
06 August 2014 07:16
marlhamphoto
Photographer
This member has been reset to pending
marlhamphoto
Kent
Canterbury

I don't believe there is.

06 August 2014 10:17
RHMPhotographic
Photographer
RHMPhotographic
London

Drat!

Chrissie Red is off-line
06 August 2014 10:18
Chrissie_Red
Model
Chrissie_Red
Tayside
Perthshire

Do people actually like that type of feature?
I've unfollowed most of the people on my friends list who has those annoying as Chrissie_Red is a naughty person features switched on.

06 August 2014 10:39
RHMPhotographic
Photographer
RHMPhotographic
London

It's handy to update a Facebook Page that way, especially when the image isn't Facebook-friendly.

marlham is off-line
06 August 2014 10:53
marlhamphoto
Photographer
This member has been reset to pending
marlhamphoto
Kent
Canterbury

Quote from Chrissie_Red
Do people actually like that type of feature? I've unfollowed most of the people on my friends list who has those annoying as marlhamphoto is a naughty person features switched on.

Me too.

Just because it's possible to do something doesn't mean you should. I think the scattergun approach taken by some people (and sites) actually works against them.

Chrissie Red is off-line
06 August 2014 11:28
Chrissie_Red
Model
Chrissie_Red
Tayside
Perthshire

I always thought it was a bit "lazy" doing it that way to be honest.

I kind of prefer "catering" my uploads to wherever I'm logged in, so a shot which might go on my portfolio will be different to whats on my Facebook or blog. I guess its because people will follow me in various places so I don't want them to get bored by seeing the same thing uploaded/notified in various places. Its a dream for the websites though who offer that "function" - free advertising in the way of spamming friends lists. Kind of like the annoying folks who spam you with game requests, I see the "entry to whatever competition/ new image uploaded/ just posted a share a shoot thread" type posts in a similar way.

21 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
alishaa Winterlilly
antoinewynn Argentiq davidhunt djb1 For_Arts_Sake gwentman imageatthemill Ladiesman mackenzieking markeos50d mauricesimagery MrDL Njsphotography oscar poah Redi sigmasd14 skymouse
matt