ebay and paypal payments ?

Andy is off-line
02 August 2014 17:30
photostore
Photographer
photostore
Fife
fife based, but Scotland wide

so, all of a sudden without ever having set anything myself, all purchases i make on ebay it now pays without first taking me to the paypal screen that asks for my password, i'd like to re set it to ask everytime. Any ideas (please dont reply "ask ebay or paypal" i have done that but talk about slow to respond !
lets get shootin

CGW is off-line
03 August 2014 02:43
cgwebster
Photographer
cgwebster
Hampshire
Basingstoke

That doesn't sound right, eBay and PayPal shouldn't be linked like that

[edit] and then log into ebay and change your password there too

HowardJ is off-line
03 August 2014 04:04
HowardJ
Photographer
HowardJ
Surrey
West Midlands

PayPal is owned by eBay so they have made some changes to make paying easier.

Doing the password reset on PayPal should work.

RGBphoto is off-lineSilver Member
03 August 2014 04:39
magpie1
Photographer

Tyne and Wear
Newcastle

I'm pretty sure I read something, a few months ago, about advice to change PayPal passwords.

Neil Anderson is off-line
03 August 2014 04:55
stolenfaces
Photographer
stolenfaces
London
West London

On a computer or on a phone/tablet app ?
Like any dealer he was watching for the card that is so high and wild he'll never need to deal another...

Steven Jardine is off-linePlatinum Member
03 August 2014 04:57
RedChecker
Photographer
RedChecker
Buckinghamshire
Stoke Mandeville

Quote from cgwebster
That doesn't sound right, eBay and PayPal shouldn't be linked like that

To my knowledge eBay and PayPal can indeed be linked (as Howard says, they're part of the same company).

When you are dead, you do not know that you are dead. All of your pain is felt by others. The same thing happens when you are stupid.

Dominic Thurmer is off-linePlatinum Member
03 August 2014 05:45
dominicdgt
Photographer
dominicdgt
Kent
Gillingham

Often the completion of a purchase via Paypal is via a intergrated page with paypal details on the right of the Ebay page, It will ask to complete the purchase but not always will it need the paypal password. I think if you place things in the basket it alters the checkout process. Either way I've not had problems providing you check the web address and make sure you are still on a Ebay page, there have been some fake Ebay pages.

03 August 2014 06:09
stolenfaces
Photographer
stolenfaces
London
West London

Quote from dominicdgt
Often the completion of a purchase via Paypal is via a intergrated page with paypal details on the right of the Ebay page, It will ask to complete the purchase but not always will it need the paypal password. I think if you place things in the basket it alters the checkout process. Either way I've not had problems providing you check the web address and make sure you are still on a Ebay page, there have been some fake Ebay pages.

But it works differently on apps. The apps offer to integrate payment at the touch of a button, because (like most apps) they assume that people want something which is easy to use even when the user is on EE (intermittent signal due to mast cutbacks) and have had a skinfull (intermittent brain). And, to be fair, it is normal for people to pay with paypal so integrating their two services is actually safer for the person making the purchase/payment.

Like any dealer he was watching for the card that is so high and wild he'll never need to deal another...

Dominic Thurmer is off-linePlatinum Member
03 August 2014 08:43
dominicdgt
Photographer
dominicdgt
Kent
Gillingham

Quote from stolenfaces

But it works differently on apps. The apps offer to integrate payment at the touch of a button, because (like most apps) they assume that people want something which is easy to use even when the user is on EE (intermittent signal due to mast cutbacks) and have had a skinfull (intermittent brain). And, to be fair, it is normal for people to pay with paypal so integrating their two services is actually safer for the person making the purchase/payment.

I've absolutely no idea how this relates to my thoughts on how it works for me sometimes?

03 August 2014 09:16
stolenfaces
Photographer
stolenfaces
London
West London

Quote from dominicdgt

I've absolutely no idea how this relates to my thoughts on how it works for me sometimes?

It works quite differently (with different opportunities for auto integration) on ios/android apps than on computers. So it is useful when telling how it works for you to specify the circumstances of your use.
As the OP doesn't specify I would guess he is using an app which is why his experience is different to yours.

37 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
abbie_walters Batch bex_24 Jessicaliu1993 kinkykaycee Krystald md2017 missminiskirt
angelicmodels chriscooze cliffc Daddylonglense daveyboy12 diphoto Don_Dark donaldmac Forest glamorphotos Hioctane IanHighlander James7799 jeffers JohnDentonPhoto Kjoservices LGI malcie mamamiya mattybox mrdl Platidonio rscott360 siwalters steevrosewood stevegosh steveh32 Thunder_Photos viewphotographic