That didn't last long.  Gone.

Clive Burgess is off-line
30 July 2014 04:41
CBPhotography
Photographer
CBPhotography
Devon
Ivybridge

When I see a discussion about women bishops in the forums, I can't think of a greater turnoff.
I'm sorry but who gives a ****, surely only potential women bishops, certainly not photographers or models, definitely not me.

Steven Jardine is off-linePlatinum Member
30 July 2014 04:51
RedChecker
Photographer
RedChecker
Buckinghamshire
Stoke Mandeville

Quote from CBPhotography
When I see a discussion about women bishops in the forums, I can't think of a greater turnoff.
I'm sorry but who gives a ****, surely only potential women bishops, certainly not photographers or models, definitely not me.

I'd rather see talk about women bishops by members than quasi-management/inner-circle members of a site make vulgar 'jokes' about gang rape and get a sizeable number of people booted for complaining (when said jokes are approved by management).
When you are dead, you do not know that you are dead. All of your pain is felt by others. The same thing happens when you are stupid.

Clive Burgess is off-line
30 July 2014 05:40
CBPhotography
Photographer
CBPhotography
Devon
Ivybridge

Quote from RedChecker
I'd rather see talk about women bishops by members than quasi-management/inner-circle members of a site make vulgar 'jokes' about gang rape and get a sizeable number of people booted for complaining (when said jokes are approved by management).

So neither one is the way to go for a portfolio hosting site, I think we agree on that point.

marlham is off-line
30 July 2014 06:08
marlhamphoto
Photographer
This member has been reset to pending
marlhamphoto
Kent
Canterbury

Quote from CBPhotography

I can understand why it's a subject that won't be of interest to many people and it's clearly not relevant to model photography hence it's in the off topic forum.

But I don't understand why that particular thread should be a greater turnoff than any other - either in off topic or elsewhere.

I haven't read the thread so maybe it's what people have said in it which is the problem rather than the subject itself?

marlham is off-line
30 July 2014 06:15
marlhamphoto
Photographer
This member has been reset to pending
marlhamphoto
Kent
Canterbury

Quote from johnlp
That didn't last long.  Gone.

Her retirement from modelling at the end of July has been well publicised. She has also deactivated elsewhere so I wouldn't read too much into it.

30 July 2014 06:21
johnlp
Photographer

Quote from marlhamphoto
Her retirement from modelling at the end of July has been well publicised. She has also deactivated elsewhere so I wouldn't read too much into it.

Fair enough.  I'm glad there's such a clear explanation.  Ta.

scubie is off-lineSilver Member
30 July 2014 09:04
scubie
Photographer
scubie
West Sussex
worthing

It seems a pity if it is that much in decline as from a quick look there seem to be a slightly higher class of models on here! There are some awful pictures, IMO, as fpi's on PP. I could of course be wrong lol

Paul Hodson is off-line
30 July 2014 10:09
mph
Photographer
mph
Cheshire
Crewe

Quote from CBPhotography

Quote from marlhamphoto
I can understand why it's a subject that won't be of interest to many people and it's clearly not relevant to model photography hence it's in the off topic forum.

Quite!

Perhaps he could explain what is off topic - but of interest to photographers and models - who presumably are not normal people?
Amateur - happy to do TF with models with potential and enthusiasm. Website: www.mphodson.co.uk

Paul Hodson is off-line
30 July 2014 10:12
mph
Photographer
mph
Cheshire
Crewe

Quote from w4pictures
............. It lists only cereal offenders, otherwise known as cheerios.

cheeky
Amateur - happy to do TF with models with potential and enthusiasm. Website: www.mphodson.co.uk

4 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
Craigchesham
AndyGStudios Essexjohn Lumen