Reminder Secure

All I hear about PS is negative........

This thread is being watched by 1 person
Anthonygh is off-line
27 July 2014 15:28
anthonyh
Photographer

Kent

This site seems stuck in its ways and despite numerous posts in recent years suggesting improvements nothing has changed. If a site is a 'community' then the views of the members need to be listened to. Doesn't happen here. Reminds me of Net-Model.....PS seems to be following exactly the same route.....

Sad thing is....many members used to put time and thought into their suggestions...some were excellent ideas. They probably don't bother anymore.

Neil Anderson is off-line
27 July 2014 16:40
stolenfaces
Photographer
stolenfaces
London
West London

Quote from anthonyh
This site seems stuck in its ways and despite numerous posts in recent years suggesting improvements nothing has changed. If a site is a 'community' then the views of the members need to be listened to. Doesn't happen here. Reminds me of Net-Model.....PS seems to be following exactly the same route.....

Sad thing is....many members used to put time and thought into their suggestions...some were excellent ideas. They probably don't bother anymore.

Which were the 'excellent suggestions' ?
Like any dealer he was watching for the card that is so high and wild he'll never need to deal another...

28 July 2014 07:50
GemH
Model

I'll be honest, I've not read the whole thread.

However I just want to say Purestorm is the only site I currently pay to use, of the three I am on.

Yes I have seen the negativity and the bitching about approval. Potentially I do feel there may be some info missing from either side exactly as to why they've not been approved - some claim it was over a year and then got banned permanently because they tried again? I am not suggesting anything about said people but that seems MEGA heavy handed if indeed PS were acting as claimed. Perhaps messaging people with EXACT reasons as to why they're not approved would be a good idea, opposed to 'check out this link for possible reasons'. I know it takes more time. Hell, I'll be your personal emailer person who tells people exactly why they can't join!

THAT SAID..................

Why do I pay for PS?
1 - Significantly less flakes than other sites
2 - Less messages that seem pervy or unprofessional
3 - Moderators react to dodgy photographer/harassment reports UBER QUICK!

I'm not saying the others are bad. They have their good points. Over the last few years though, I've just become more loyal to PS due to my income and feeling they care for my safety. So they don't approve just anyone - but at least they get rid of bad eggs quite quickly. The latter is a MASSIVE thing for me. I have my head screwed on well, especially after being around for a decade! But I report people for abusing me purely because I fear for other models who may not realise the guy is dodgy as hell - I can block weirdos, or acknowledge their new accounts to get around blocks, but other models have no clue unless the weirdos are banned. Purestorm INSTANTLY look into it and the offender is banned within 48 hours or so, in my experience. For reference, I don't report pervy messages, but actual weirdos. So I do not feel PS is heavy handed in this aspect. Anyone on my FB a month or so ago will see exact details of one scenario where PS justifiably banned some complete retard. Alas, he is still active elsewhere, but all that site can do is make note of the report as 'technically' he hasn't harassed me there.

I would rather join a site that has a focus on model safety but are a bit behind on their approvals.

Anyway I am rambling.

VIVA LA PURESTORM!

Pentti Pohjonen is off-lineSilver Member
28 July 2014 09:27
PHP_Photography
Photographer
PHP_Photography
Finland
VAASA

For me ( non UK member ) PS still beats PP 6-0 so I will keep my membership here.

marlham is off-line
28 July 2014 09:43
marlhamphoto
Photographer
This member has been reset to pending
marlhamphoto
Kent
Canterbury

Anybody who fails the join-up process here is unwise to publicise that fact IMO. Whilst it might be for one of many reasons, ranging from sheer idiocy on the part of the applicant and an inability to follow simple instructions, to being an actual or potential danger to models, there will undoubtedly be a reason. And I can also understand the reluctance of the site to be specific about the reason for refusal - as to do so might invite costly litigation. Sometimes a decision will have to be made on the balance of probabilities rather than anything concrete, but in the interest of model safety, and so the site's right to refuse membership without giving a reason is the logical outcome.

Even if the failed sign-up is due to a simple failure to follow instructions then I'd treat it as a useful idiot filter - best off without them.

marlham is off-line
28 July 2014 10:04
marlhamphoto
Photographer
marlhamphoto
Kent
Canterbury

Quote from Amber6
However, even though I have started doing less and less work with photographers from portfolio sites, when I do - a good chunk still comes from PS.

I hear that frequently from models - particularly with regard to paid work.

Steven Jardine is off-linePlatinum Member
28 July 2014 10:12
RedChecker
Photographer
RedChecker
Buckinghamshire
Stoke Mandeville

I may be wrong but on the other site I got the impression it's all smoke blowing, and thus as a result there's a culture of models doing TF with the (somewhat large) core of celebrity photographers on there.

At least this site is a level playing field as it were and we're all given equal oportunity to furnish our shop-windows so to speak, with none of that biased FPI nonsense.
When you are dead, you do not know that you are dead. All of your pain is felt by others. The same thing happens when you are stupid.

marlham is off-line
28 July 2014 10:27
marlhamphoto
Photographer
marlhamphoto
Kent
Canterbury

Quote from RedChecker
I may be wrong but on the other site I got the impression it's all smoke blowing...

I've heard several people say that the site is all smoke and mirrors.

To my mind the fact that so many people who are active there come to this forum imploring PS to mirror that site's functionality says it all really. Clearly there's something going on there which they're not comfortable with. Rolling out the statement that 'competition is healthy' just doesn't cut it.

Jonathan is off-line
28 July 2014 10:42
SandyCamel
Photographer
SandyCamel
Nottinghamshire

Quote from PHP_Photography
For me ( non UK member ) PS still beats PP 6-0 so I will keep my membership here.

Why do you say that I wonder ?

There seem to be very few models from Finland ?

I am probably missing something very obvious, so please forgive me - just curious.

Relax, take it easy and float down-stream with the Sandy Camel

Skymouse is onlineGold Member
28 July 2014 10:47
skymouse
Photographer
skymouse
London
London

To my knowledge, PS doesn't have any exact competitors. PS's fundamental principle of established model photographers hasn't been embraced elsewhere as far as I know. The basic premises of each site will continue to make the sites fundamentally different — presumably in the service of their owners' vision — no matter what bells and whistles each one adds.

Numbers are deceptive because it's a comparison of apples and oranges.

"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others." - Groucho Marx.

22 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
danixhale Kitty_1 Softgentle
ad360photo adimages ansonphotography antoinewynn BOBREEVES chicimages david1500 digitalmood ElegantCaptures Fashionphotography ignite Jobe lenspoynter Millzy82 Rscott360 sjamesphotos skymouse Stoker tricky881