Steven Jardine is off-linePlatinum Member
14 August 2014 11:05
RedChecker
Photographer
RedChecker
Buckinghamshire
Stoke Mandeville

Quote from marlhamphoto
Trouble is some of them keep picking up temporary bans so you see them scumming up the other sites intermittently to stave off their boredom. And if the site is true to form they'll lose their privileges entirely sooner or later - most likely sooner. The writing is on the wall but I doubt they realise it yet.

No, most of them are Russ's mates and as such have immunity.
When you are dead, you do not know that you are dead. All of your pain is felt by others. The same thing happens when you are stupid.

Artemis Fauna is off-lineSilver Member
14 August 2014 11:13
ArtemisFauna
Model
ArtemisFauna
Bedfordshire
Great Barford

An interesting read. mail

Sorry PS...

Quote from cziiki
An initial and ongoing problem has been usefulness to models because of intrusive censorship. It's a matter of how useful it is to have a portfolio on the site. While for example there is massive cross linking on twitter, facebook, instagram etc., on Purestorm there is all this nonsensical {link removed} {facebook link not allowed} {not a modeling page} blah blah blah. In a world of website monetizing by up-selling of features and advertising from free (and encouraged) cross linking with the rest of the world, PS was trying to make itself exclusive and therefore a 'must-join' site. But now its not a must-join because there is one major competitor and a few up-and-coming ones too. Facebook is full of models linking to their portfolios, their competition entries, their 'share-a-shoot' pages.... but not on PS because they can't. Open up to the world and compete on features, not trying to be exclusive! put facebook links on pages, encourage tweeting of castings and shouts, start living in the modern world!

But +1.

Catch up soon before it's too late.

“Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring.”

Pentti Pohjonen is off-lineSilver Member
14 August 2014 11:16
PHP_Photography
Photographer
PHP_Photography
Finland
VAASA

Quote from mattharper
 What other sites have anything better, or this one? 

PP is pretty much UK only, living in a stone age when other sites have moved to SI.

Catherine is off-lineSilver Member
15 August 2014 06:12
catherinewilliams
Model
catherinewilliams
West Midlands
Ross-on-wye

Why can't ps have image & profile views?.Even Star now has them.
I once spent a weekend in Bath, with ass-kicking mum of 8 Miss Cath. No offence to this mummy, the play-fighting was funny. But now I might need an Osteopath! by Laya Randle-Conde

Neil Anderson is off-line
15 August 2014 06:53
stolenfaces
Photographer
stolenfaces
London
West London

Quote from catherinewilliams

What's the point of that ? How many views does a booking equal.

Like any dealer he was watching for the card that is so high and wild he'll never need to deal another...

Steven Jardine is off-linePlatinum Member
15 August 2014 06:55
RedChecker
Photographer
RedChecker
Buckinghamshire
Stoke Mandeville

Quote from catherinewilliams

+1

It can be interesting to guage image views when uploading new work to see what attracts people more.
When you are dead, you do not know that you are dead. All of your pain is felt by others. The same thing happens when you are stupid.

Malc is off-lineSilver Member
15 August 2014 11:21
cziiki
Photographer
cziiki
London
London

Quote from Purestorm
Moderators have tried to explain for quite some time that there are very specific problems of mostly (but not exclusively) a Model Safety nature which arise over social networking linksbeing displayed on the publicly visible areas of this website but some members are unprepared to accept that the only reason for not allowing such links is to prevent these problems surfacing.

Moderators and Management have discussed this issue many times over the last five or six years and the bottom line taken by the Moderators has been that their consciences will not allow them to turn a blind eye to the sometimes very serious problems* that some of our members face.

* We do not really want to go into precise details of what these problems are in open forum as the last thing we need is a plague of copycats. Premium members can read more here 

Yes so sensible models have a professional Facebook page which is not their personal one. Simples! The same models are on PS as the other modeling sites which do link to FB so it's whistling in the wind to think they are being protected by one modeling site not letting them link to the world's (and britain's) major networking forum.

EdT is off-line
15 August 2014 11:36
EdT
Photographer
EdT
Cambridgeshire

Quote from stolenfaces

What's the point of that ? How many views does a booking equal.

Because people like them.

The site needs to attract new blood, and in particular new models. Models tend to be young and a lot of them like social networking, "like" buttons etc. The old fogeys among us will just have to get used to these new-fangled things otherwise there will be a dearth of models on here.

Neil Anderson is off-line
15 August 2014 12:23
stolenfaces
Photographer
stolenfaces
London
West London

Quote from EdT

Because people like them.

The site needs to attract new blood, and in particular new models. Models tend to be young and a lot of them like social networking, "like" buttons etc. The old fogeys among us will just have to get used to these new-fangled things otherwise there will be a dearth of models on here.

Which people ? Common sense tells you that the pictures which are viewed most are the ones with least clothes.
Do you think such a fatuous and fake feature would attract suitable models, or would it attract hopeless wannabes ?

Whilst I use Facebook extensively I am not interested in stalking young models (or old models) nor in having them follow me.
If Facebook is so essential for models why do they need any modelling portfolio site ?

Like any dealer he was watching for the card that is so high and wild he'll never need to deal another...

redbaron is off-lineSilver Member
15 August 2014 12:37
redbaron
Photographer
redbaron
Buckinghamshire
Stoke Mandeville

Quote from stolenfaces
Which people ? Common sense tells you that the pictures which are viewed most are the ones with least clothes. Do you think such a fatuous and fake feature would attract suitable models, or would it attract hopeless wannabes ? Whilst I use Facebook extensively I am not interested in stalking young models (or old models) nor in having them follow me. If Facebook is so essential for models why do they need any modelling portfolio site ?

I really cannot fathom what you have against viewing stats. I doubt anyone uses them in the primitive way you suggest. If you are considering which images to replace on your own portfolio the stats help provide some insignt into which images are working. I would not compare hits on a nude with a fashion image, thats idiotic but I may look at several fashion images and see the views for one confirm my own opinion that is it s weakest and needs replacing.

Equally if I was looking for inspiration in a specific genre the views on other portfolios may help in getting a feel for what works and what does not.

Photography and Studio hire www.immortaleye.co.uk

20 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
davenport dillon1993 fashion29 pinklilly Sandycub
cps diphoto Finallyhere guitarman jdunvillephotography Ladiesman mikebee oscar philippahh Rhadamanthus studio17 Thunder_Photos two_stops Visions11 xcellent