Preswylfa is off-line
05 August 2014 16:59
gwentman
Photographer
gwentman
Caerphilly
Blackwood

Quote from johnlp
I heard about the ruckus but never got to hear the "joke". Thanks for enlightening me.

+1

Mike

Neil Anderson is off-line
05 August 2014 18:51
stolenfaces
Photographer
stolenfaces
London
West London

Quote from mph
Quote from stolenfaces
So still no answer to my question about what improvements you are proposing?

Bloody hell! Deja vu - and the pot calling the kettle black! Reminds me of the number of times I have asked you to make detailed suggestions in political argument threads - and been greeted with a deafening silence!

Do you really expect me to waste my life reading your ignorant views any more than I would think the the daily mail or rupert Murdoch worth paying attention to. Your comments represent all that is wrong with the neo-liberal crap that is the apparent consensus. It is also the reason so many people don't vote or believe that anything is more important that money.
As I regard your views as extreme I don't read them and really don't care what you say or 'think, to me you have the relevance and credibility of a TV soap soap character or Nigel 'expenses' Farage.
To read your rubbish would be bad enough, but to reply to it would imply that there is some credibility in your sad and bitter narrative. It's fair enough spouting this rubbish if you are part of the elite who benefit from an agenda of giving money to the rich. If you aren't one of the rich with your money in tax havens then you are truly ignorant to support polices which take money from the (relatively) poor (like you and me) and give it to the stinking rich ( many of whom don't even live in this country)
On the substantive point you seem to be re-iterating the negative sentiments which so many love in these forums and it must be lovely to be in bed with Matt 'it's all a laugh when you've had a drink and are living in the C19th' Harper.

As far as I am concerned your political 'views' are as likely to be true as the moon is made of cheese or the earth flat. In case you've missed my point , your posts on political issues are laughable and I would not give them credibility by a response.

Like any dealer he was watching for the card that is so high and wild he'll never need to deal another...

Pyretta Blaze is off-line
05 August 2014 20:00
PyrettaBlaze
Model
PyrettaBlaze
Swansea
Swansea

I kinda miss how PS used to be
I'm not an artist, I'm a work of art.

Matt Harper is off-line
06 August 2014 03:20
mattharper
Photographer
mattharper
Devon
Paignton

Quote from marlhamphoto
So Harper, since you've chosen to show your face in this thread maybe you'd like to take the opportunity to justify the 'joke' you posted in the forum of a modelling website? I believe the words you used were:

"I just heard on the BBC News that in India, a woman is raped every 20 minutes. Well, I thought, at least you don't have to spit on her to get it wet, the last guy will have left it nice and moist."

I would be interested to hear your take on it...

Why does it need justifying? 
The rest of my post is missing, maybe you would like to put in the missing paragraph that was posted above the section you "quoted" so it has some context, reflecting the way the theread it was posted in had gone.   A certain female member (no longer a member) decided to take iot to Facebook to gather support, again, just the bit you quoted was copied across.  No explanation was given as to the thread, the content and context of the thread or why it was posted.  There were previous comments that led to what you have quoted being posted, but no one included  any of this as it gave an explanation; no, it was the perfect opportiunity to get rid of Harper, bit as that didn't happen,  it was then taken to FB  and it was really interesting seeing who commented, who just saw the quoted part and made instant judgements based on that.  It was most enlightening. 

As with most forum quoting, people take just the bit they want so they can  "have a go", attempt to prove wrong, misinterpret or just create a futher argument, inflaming the thread.  

The relevance to this thread is of interest to me, I have answered you, perhaps you would like to explain why you would copy something from a year ago into this thread, I can't see the connection, or is this some way of creating a mattharper is a naughty person storm for entertainment and a way of having a pop at someone you just happen to not like?  

I look forward to a reasoned reply on this. 

Pict is off-line
06 August 2014 04:25
Pict
Photographer
Pict
Kent
Rochester

Quote from PyrettaBlaze
I kinda miss how PS used to be

Looks like this thread is heading that way........

marlham is off-line
06 August 2014 04:37
marlhamphoto
Photographer
This member has been reset to pending
marlhamphoto
Kent
Canterbury

Quote from mattharper
Why does it need justifying? 
The rest of my post is missing, maybe you would like to put in the missing paragraph that was posted above the section you "quoted" so it has some context, reflecting the way the theread it was posted in had gone.   A certain female member (no longer a member) decided to take iot to Facebook to gather support, again, just the bit you quoted was copied across.  No explanation was given as to the thread, the content and context of the thread or why it was posted.  There were previous comments that led to what you have quoted being posted, but no one included  any of this as it gave an explanation; no, it was the perfect opportiunity to get rid of Harper, bit as that didn't happen,  it was then taken to FB  and it was really interesting seeing who commented, who just saw the quoted part and made instant judgements based on that.  It was most enlightening. 

As with most forum quoting, people take just the bit they want so they can  "have a go", attempt to prove wrong, misinterpret or just create a futher argument, inflaming the thread.  

The relevance to this thread is of interest to me, I have answered you, perhaps you would like to explain why you would copy something from a year ago into this thread, I can't see the connection, or is this some way of creating a marlhamphoto is a naughty person storm for entertainment and a way of having a pop at someone you just happen to not like?  

I look forward to a reasoned reply on this. 

So what makes you think I've seen the context? But if you think it's relevant and paints you in a better light why not provide it?

As I said - I'd be interested to hear your take on it. Some vague suggestion that the context rescues you doesn't do much for me.

Matt Harper is off-line
06 August 2014 05:47
mattharper
Photographer
mattharper
Devon
Paignton

Quote from marlhamphoto
So what makes you think I've seen the context? But if you think it's relevant and paints you in a better light why not provide it?

As I said - I'd be interested to hear your take on it. Some vague suggestion that the context rescues you doesn't do much for me.

If you haven't seen the context of the post you, for some reason,  brought into this thread, may I suggest you find it where you saved it?    Or did you copy that snipit from someone else's comments where the rest of my post was missing.   The context is nothing to do with this thread, it was only relevant to the thread that is was posted in, so of no significance anywhere else. 

You haven't answered my question as to the relevance to this thread.  If you would care to enlighten me on that, then the conversation may develop, but as it is, I see no connection to continue.   Or, are you honest enough to admit trolling here, trying to bring something up to have a go at someone that is nothing to do with this discussion.  Can you admit that?   Anyone reading this will see that is what you are doing.   Don't wiorry, I have broad shoulders and can take any Rancid mattharper is a naughty person you throw

digineil is off-line
06 August 2014 06:14
digineil
Photographer
digineil
Staffordshire

Quote from profilepictures
Ah, that comment... The one where two photographers, two model/photographers and a model got banned by 'napoleon' for daring to raise a complaint on the poisoned port?

If you irritate any Internet forum owner your going to be on shaky ground and that includes PS

Matt Harper is off-line
07 August 2014 05:15
mattharper
Photographer
mattharper
Devon
Paignton

24 hours later, no response to my question and my suggestion.
I can only assume that my assumption was not far from the true motive behind the post.
Not to worry, onward we go.

marlham is off-line
07 August 2014 05:36
marlhamphoto
Photographer
This member has been reset to pending
marlhamphoto
Kent
Canterbury

Quote from digineil
If you irritate any Internet forum owner your going to be on shaky ground and that includes PS

True. Although some seem more measured and dare I say it intelligent in their response to irritation.

29 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
ElleLaura Just_janine Katielouxox mg21 Michelledefeo1 Winterlilly
BOBREEVES cgwebster ChrisD claypaws cliffc davemac dirkus djb1 duncanjames Fashionphotography Hairflicks hfordtom jonasbee KDP keltica Ladiesman noggy1930 oldbloke pcmphotography rod_m99 rscott360 Steveh32 zzdigital