Reminder Secure

Mkii and Mkiii hands on comparison

10 August 2014 11:54
Catuaba
Photographer

Well I bought a video camera, lower end canon, with the change to keep me going until I can get a camera again and get back on my feet. If I had cash now it would be the mkiii and a 24-105. The video camera is new to me and has been interesting learning. Having a zoom and something designed for the job has certainly made a difference. Albeit quality is a little lower but not massively. Here's a test shot in auto. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O6dtW7C1Pt0 Not bad for about 300 quid to keep me entertained until cash flows back. Photo option is terrible but I don't really use that. Low light isn't great. But all round a great camera. Wouldn't hesitate on an xa10 as an addition to dslr in the future. I know the sensor isn't as good but you cant beat the ease of use in comparison to rigs and follow focus.

Matthew G is off-line
10 August 2014 17:31
MG
Photographer
MG
Warwickshire

I was thinking to myself 'what a prat going and buying a £300 camcorder' but thought id just have a giggle at how rubbish the quality of the HD video is on it.... So looked at your youtube and all, I can say is fanbloodytastic quality. im sure it has its limitations but for £300 a great bit of kit. I sometimes like using inferior kit.... A bit like getting a speed record ina mini rather than a ferarri :-)

10 August 2014 17:39
Catuaba
Photographer

Lol, I actually went there to get the 1200d is it? To keep me going until the cameras back, then I saw it and thought that's not bad quality actually. It's quite surprised me. I suppose it's how you use them too. I'm only learning but I've seen decent footage on phones these days. Ties me over until the pride and joy are back.

3 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
idubai2018 poah portalphotography