Reminder Secure

Anyone considering a D800 to D810 upgrade ?

Neil Anderson is off-line
07 August 2014 02:53
stolenfaces
Photographer
stolenfaces
London
West London

Quote from sfb_cc
I have gone from 800E to 810. Results are noticeably sharper, quiet shutter, better low ISO. More importantly, same battery as 800E so don't need to replace all my spares. Got extra £150.00 trade-in for my 800E from a shop in Westminster (not sure if I can mention name in this post in case it is seen as advertising).

I think it's perfectly acceptable to give your personal experience/opinion about a specific retailer just as you are to discuss a specific camera made by a specific manufacturer.
Like any dealer he was watching for the card that is so high and wild he'll never need to deal another...

19 August 2014 10:54
paule
Photographer

Nikon just released a recall for some of the D810's... sensor 'bright spots'

https://nikoneurope-en.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/61871

21 August 2014 06:46
paule
Photographer

Well that is not bad service at all... sent off, to Nikon, late Tues afternoon and returned, fixed, at noon today...

Dominic Thurmer is off-linePlatinum Member
22 August 2014 02:54
dominicdgt
Photographer
dominicdgt
Kent
Gillingham

Well I sent mine back a few day ago as the focus consistency wasn't right, although some were ok some (many) not. This in a studio setting with static subjects and a 100% replication of sessions taken with the D800. I'm hoping if all sorted the focus system will be slightly better than the D800 which I didn't find great for moving subjects, I say if because my experience with Nikon is hit and miss, I bet despite a recall they won't automatically correct the issues they sent out a recall notice for!

Dominic

RGBphoto is off-lineSilver Member
22 August 2014 03:12
magpie1
Photographer

Tyne and Wear
Newcastle

My thoughts are that the 'old' model doesn't become 'poor' when a new camera, lens or WHY is brought out, but there is always an element of consumerism, especially in the amateur market where the 'latest is best' philosophy prevails, and where most of the early adopters come from.
Regardless of brand, or product, most early batches of almost any product have problems or glitches. Maybe part of the Marketing Departments driving release of products as quickly as possible, before ad aqua testing can be done, seemingly the 810 is no different.
My personal policy is to jump 2 generations, rather than 1.

Rodney_Pedroza is off-line
24 August 2014 09:19
RodneyPedroza
Photographer

London

I will keep my D800 and I am now saving for the D810

Paul Hodson is off-line
24 August 2014 11:45
mph
Photographer
mph
Cheshire
Crewe

Quote from paulford
A shop in Westminster that sells Nikon, Hmmm wonder who that is.

I understand they aim to sell 18% of all Nikons.................... wink
Amateur - happy to do TF with models with potential and enthusiasm. Website: www.mphodson.co.uk

6 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
jeff156156156
Cheshunt83 clarmike JohnDentonPhoto rscott360 tms