Salacious Art is off-line
16 July 2014 13:26
pentax5AC
Photographer

East Yorkshire
Bridlington

Quote from Hugh
Which Church?

surely that is "a Church", not "the Church".

That's a bit like mixing up Coke and Pepsi

Er...Not really Hugh!Just basic grammar.
A church is a building; the Church (with a capital letter)is correctly in this instance an institutionalized body or organization.
Not sure if Henry VIII was a Coke or Pepsi fan, but with a body like his, he probably drank both!
i

Hugh is off-lineGold Member
16 July 2014 13:59
Hugh
Photographer
Hugh
Dyfed
Aberystwyth

It's all a bit too complicated for a simple Jedi like me to follow.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/religion/9737886/Jedi-religion-most-popular-alternative-faith.html

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jedi_census_phenomenon

Grammar, for Jedi, difficult is.
It's not Fine Art just because it's in Black and White.

w4pictures is off-line
16 July 2014 17:25
w4pictures
Photographer
w4pictures
London
Chiswick

Tricky chap, Johnnie Grammar

Simon Young is off-lineSilver Member
18 July 2014 13:41
Allinthemind
Photographer
Allinthemind
Gloucestershire

I think the current count of discrete Christian religions is over 30,000. One of them must be right!!!
In the "Information Age", continued ignorance must be a choice motivated initially through inherited beliefs.

Salacious Art is off-line
18 July 2014 14:16
pentax5AC
Photographer

East Yorkshire
Bridlington

Hey Hugh, don’t worry about the grammar, I used to struggle too.
That was until I bought the new Lexicon Model Translator 556D!

Just the push of a single button and texts grammatically butchered, misspelt and with little resemblance to recognisable English, can be instantly translated and restored.

Take a look at this: Armature model wiv little expeeriance, luv swimming an am comfertible takin my clothes off an up for anything! am able to pose myself but wii not do topless or nude. Av just shaved my bush an like laungery type shoots.

With the new LMT 556D instantly restored to: I am an intellectually challenged, would be model with no previous experience. The picture presented on my port is the one my boyfriend took with his mobile phone when we staggered back from the pub last Sunday. I have absolutely no idea what my levels are, or whether this ad was intended for a photographic modelling site or a social network dating forum. If, after reading, you were stupid enough to arrange a booking with me, the chances of me turning up would be zilch!

Yes! Buy your LMT 556D today! It’s fantastic! Available from all good retail outlets while stocks last!

Profile Pictures is off-line
18 July 2014 20:57
profilepictures
Photographer
profilepictures
Suffolk
Bury St Edmunds

Someone's bored with his colouring in then?

Rik Rx is off-lineGold Member
19 July 2014 01:35
Rik_Richardson
Photographer
Rik_Richardson
Hertfordshire

I think they should be called "Bishes"....
Rik :-} The camera never lies... (That's the job of Photoshop)..

EdT is off-line
19 July 2014 03:27
EdT
Photographer
EdT
Cambridgeshire

Quote from Allinthemind
I think the current count of discrete Christian religions is over 30,000. One of them must be right!!!

I read that as discreet christian religions. I was going to ask how many indiscreet ones there are.

But, must one of them be right? If they are all based on the same flawed premise that the son of God was born to a virgin, also born to a virgin (or is that bit only some of them), was crucified and arose from the dead, then surely they must all be wrong if that premise turns out tp be false.

OK, looks like the bit about Mary being born to a virgin is not all Christian faiths, more of a catholic thing.

Simon Young is off-lineSilver Member
19 July 2014 04:21
Allinthemind
Photographer
Allinthemind
Gloucestershire

Quote from EdT
I read that as discreet christian religions. I was going to ask how many indiscreet ones there are. But, must one of them be right? If they are all based on the same flawed premise that the son of God was born to a virgin, also born to a virgin (or is that bit only some of them), was crucified and arose from the dead, then surely they must all be wrong if that premise turns out tp be false. OK, looks like the bit about Mary being born to a virgin is not all Christian faiths, more of a catholic thing.

Maybe my irony wasn't blatant enough  In other words if 29,999 aren't "true"....
In the "Information Age", continued ignorance must be a choice motivated initially through inherited beliefs.

19 July 2014 12:03
Jackass
Photographer

Most religions have always changed with the times, it's nothing new. Catholics don't burn Protestants for transubstantiation anymore and Protestants have stopped burning witches - all in the name of a loving God for God's sake! Islam being the exception in that it's stuck firmly in the Middle Ages.

If they didn't change for the times they'd lose support - pretty much as they are doing. I look forward to the day when their inconsequential arguments are no longer deemed newsworthy and the majority of the population can get some peace and quiet.

Richard Dawkins for Pope, get some common sense in there.
If it walks like a duck, and talks like a duck, it could be my ex wife.

33 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
alishaa Jessica_Knight
bigearspix dave@studio99 digitizer eosfan gazzer59 gordon Ianmcculloch j3ff James7799 john_at_tina_spice jonnywoo kingnorman13nk kinofist lester2705 Look_Sharp markeos50d martinchristie Mattcairns MIB Mike103 moritz78 nemesis nvidia phphotoimages picusio RCBB rscott360 stephenmuddell Steveh32 supaglam xposed