Realistic price for used 5Dmkii body

Andy is off-line
12 July 2014 04:46
photostore
Photographer
photostore
Fife
fife based, but Scotland wide

So i'm thinking of selling a 5d Mkii in very good condition with only 13147 shutter actuations, what would be a realistic asking price outwith of ebay ?
lets get shootin

Anthonygh is off-line
12 July 2014 05:01
anthonyh
Photographer

Kent

Follow a few on eBay and see what they sell for.....you could offer it on here for about 5% less as that would take into account the fees you pay on a site like eBay. However....buyers there have various guarantees and credit facilities so that might go against what you can ask 'elsewhere'.

Ellesse Photography is off-lineSilver Member
12 July 2014 05:03
EllessePhotography
Photographer
EllessePhotography
Edinburgh
Edinburgh

Just to give you an idea, I recently (October last year)sold a mint condition 5DII, with 8,500 acctuations for £825 on Gumtree. I had to wait a few weeks before I got that serious offer, as most people were just p!$$ takers stating they could buy a new one from HK for not much more. I had advertised it for £900, and thought it was worth every penny. However, it does seem to be a buyers market at the moment.

Good luck, and hope you manage to sell.

12 July 2014 11:34
Catuaba
Photographer

800 to 900 depending on the weather. It's raining here.

Andy is off-line
13 July 2014 09:39
photostore
Photographer
photostore
Fife

Sun's blazing up here
lets get shootin

Dave Beasley is off-line
13 July 2014 09:48
eosfan
Photographer
eosfan
Surrey
Guildford

£800 - I eventually sold mine at this price to a London dealer after putting up with ridiculous private offers and private time wasters.

David Heels is off-line
13 July 2014 12:31
Crippen
Photographer
Crippen
South Yorkshire
Sheffield

The problem with the 5d Mkii is that even with a low shutter count, that doesn't mean to say the camera hasn't been hammered on the video front.

As a buyer, I'd be taking a gamble. Therefore I'd be happy at £750, might go to £800. But I doubt I'd go much higher than that.

But then I am based in Yorkshire.

Dave

Andy is off-line
13 July 2014 13:26
photostore
Photographer
photostore
Fife

only shot x2, 3 minute videos (not my thing)
And being from Scotland i'd rather keep a hold of it than sell it for £800.00

probably going to sell up altogether so will get a better price from someone looking to buy into the brand, great kit with some L glass,580 ex and more (studio gear also a possiblity of going)

when i get a list together i'll post here before ebay

Might consider a swap for a decent fishing boat ! not particularly interested in the cash, so willing to wait for the right offer, anyone giving up a life on the water ?
lets get shootin

27 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
chandni23 jensomerfield Mstopaz Natalie120525
63jian Blancho bobmac BOBREEVES brendan cliffc CunningLinguists domnumberone Flanders guitarman gwentman James7799 jefflynne kimsandman2 Ladiesman Mattcairns mike0048 powerbook92 scotsman_uk sniffer swalsh58 TonyNutley ttstinger