This thread is being watched by 1 person
Steve Guy is off-line
09 July 2014 06:13
Sdeve
Photographer

Derbyshire
Derby

Quote from photostore
Israel bombs the Sdeve is a naughty person out of Gaza for two days, a couple of rockets land back in Jerusalem and Obama suddenly cautions for restraint !...... Sdeve is a naughty person priceless

A bit more than a 'couple of rockets'.

QuoteThe military said 117 rockets had hit Israel on Tuesday, with the Iron Dome interceptor system shooting down 20. Three rockets landed around Jerusalem.
Iron Dome intercepted two more rockets above Tel Aviv on Wednesday morning, three over Ashkelon and three over Ashdod.
The town of Hadera 100km (60 miles) north of Gaza, was also attacked, with an M-302 surface-to-surface rocket, the furthest target so far reached.

Andy is off-line
09 July 2014 11:09
photostore
Photographer
photostore
Fife
fife based, but Scotland wide

the numbers depend on which lies you read and which side wrote them.

a quote from another source "
Israeli officials claimed that around seventy homemade shells were fired from the Gaza Strip toward southern Israel. These are crude shells that are little more than tubes with dynamite placed inside, which are fired blindly, without any possibility of aiming them. No injuries or damage were reported from the shells."
lets get shootin

Steve Guy is off-line
09 July 2014 12:02
Sdeve
Photographer

Derbyshire
Derby

Quote from photostore
the numbers depend on which lies you read and which side wrote them.

a quote from another source "
Israeli officials claimed that around seventy homemade shells were fired from the Gaza Strip toward southern Israel. These are crude shells that are little more than tubes with dynamite placed inside, which are fired blindly, without any possibility of aiming them. No injuries or damage were reported from the shells."

There is a long history of such weapons being fired upon Israel by Palestinian groups. Without knowing the source, or the time, of such a statement it would be difficult to guess it's worth. Neither is it hard to guess that some Israeli official made such a statement to try and minimise the fear that possible target zone dwellers might understandably feel.

The types of rockets described above are not readily intercepted. They are short range missiles that cannot be aimed at a specific target, as we have become used to hearing of with laser guided bombs and cruise missiles fired from miles away. They can be aimed at a village, or town, if that's all you want to hit. It is fairly certain that Israeli officials would not claim to have used interceptor missiles on incoming missiles unless they had done so, and it's also worth mentioning that those interceptors cost an obscene amount of money. They would not be fired blindly as some sort of publicity campaign.

QuoteAccording to the IDF, concealed among the Klos-C’s commercial cargo were dozens of large artillery rockets identified as “M-302 surface-to-surface missiles.” Based on the rockets’ origin in Syria and description, the M-302 appears to be a derivative of the 302mm “Khaibar” rocket, which Hezbollah fired at Israel during the 2006 war. By modern military standards, the Khaibar is a fairly crude weapon that is similar to the larger variants of the homemade Qassam rocket, which Hamas already possesses. Like Qassam rockets, the Khaibar is unguided and extremely inaccurate. However, the Khaibar’s 62 mile range (100 km) and 385 pound (175 kg) warhead make it more lethal than the Qassam.

Crude or not, inaccurate or not, drop one in the middle of Tel Aviv, a fairly big target by anybody's standard, and many people will be annoyed, at the very least.

Anthonygh is off-line
09 July 2014 23:22
anthonyh
Photographer

Kent

The Israelis are a highly aggressive nation that can totally ignore UN resolutions because they are backed by the USA...a nation with a highly influential Jewish elite.

Anywhere else in the world there would be outrage that a country could be occupied and controlled by an occupying force...that is...Palestine occupied by USA backed Israel.

Because of USA backing there is a deathly silence on the part of the UK establishment regarding one other Arab country's weapons of mass destruction....that never existed. Likewise...the military domination of Palestine by Israel. I feel angry about it (as do a lot of people I know) and I am 100% British...it is hard to know what the people of Palestine and other Arab nations feel.....

One thing is for sure.....there will never be peace for Israel.

Steven Jardine is off-linePlatinum Member
10 July 2014 02:26
RedChecker
Photographer
RedChecker
Buckinghamshire
Stoke Mandeville

Quote from anthonyh
The Israelis are a highly aggressive nation that can totally ignore UN resolutions because they are backed by the USA...a nation with a highly influential Jewish elite. Anywhere else in the world there would be outrage that a country could be occupied and controlled by an occupying force...that is...Palestine occupied by USA backed Israel. Because of USA backing there is a deathly silence on the part of the UK establishment regarding one other Arab country's weapons of mass destruction....that never existed. Likewise...the military domination of Palestine by Israel. I feel angry about it (as do a lot of people I know) and I am 100% British...it is hard to know what the people of Palestine and other Arab nations feel..... One thing is for sure.....there will never be peace for Israel.

+1
When you are dead, you do not know that you are dead. All of your pain is felt by others. The same thing happens when you are stupid.

Paul Hodson is off-line
10 July 2014 04:32
mph
Photographer
mph
Cheshire
Crewe

Quote from anthonyh

That's true - but it would also be true for any solution you can suggest, I fear. If Israel were to disarm and disband its forces and take any other political actions you feel appropriate - what do you think would be the future for the Israelis?

Amateur - happy to do TF with models with potential and enthusiasm. Website: www.mphodson.co.uk

Steve Guy is off-line
10 July 2014 05:09
Sdeve
Photographer

Derbyshire
Derby

Quote from anthonyh
The Israelis are a highly aggressive nation that can totally ignore UN resolutions because they are backed by the USA...a nation with a highly influential Jewish elite.

Anywhere else in the world there would be outrage that a country could be occupied and controlled by an occupying force...that is...Palestine occupied by USA backed Israel.

Because of USA backing there is a deathly silence on the part of the UK establishment regarding one other Arab country's weapons of mass destruction....that never existed. Likewise...the military domination of Palestine by Israel. I feel angry about it (as do a lot of people I know) and I am 100% British...it is hard to know what the people of Palestine and other Arab nations feel.....

The Israelis a highly aggressive nation? True, perhaps. But let's face it, when the state of Israel was ratified, the entire Arab world declared war on them. That is a scary situation for Israel, and it has modified only by the Arab world's inability to take them on effectively. If it were possible, Israel would cease to exist tomorrow, as would the majority of Israelis.

International outrage that a country could be occupied and controlled by an occupying force? You mean like Northern Ireland, or the Crimea, or Tibet, or even Israel itself. Either you accept that successful occupation by force is legitimate, as in the case of Israel, or more lately, the USA, or you have to accept that if a country is held by a people prepared to die for their belief in their country is the best possible argument for that country's continued existence.

I agree there will never be peace for Israel, but that statement needs to be extended as to why, and the why is the blind irrational hatred that the Arab nations hold for Israel and the Jews. And if you consider the 'Arab world' it is undeniable that they do hatred better than any other.

Steve Guy is off-line
10 July 2014 05:10
Sdeve
Photographer

Derbyshire
Derby

Quote from mph
Quote from anthonyh

That's true - but it would also be true for any solution you can suggest, I fear. If Israel were to disarm and disband its forces and take any other political actions you feel appropriate - what do you think would be the future for the Israelis?

About 10 minutes.

Nick is off-line
12 July 2014 09:36
BodyBragging
Photographer
BodyBragging
Greater Manchester

Arguments about land in that area of the world go back as far as the old testament. I don't know about anybody else - but I'm bored of the whole subject. You will never get peace over there, full stop.

Let them just kick the sh*te out of each other.

I'm looking round and wondering what effect either Israel or the Palestine has on my life and my surroundings........Yup.........bugger all.

Fortunately retards like Blair and Bush aren't in power any more. So it's not like we're going to start any more fake wars which means our chaps and chapesses are going to be sent out to fight for a made up cause - based on the back of a couple of first class pr*cks lies.

So if they want to kill each other over there and as long as we're not providing the funding or arms to either side........then let them.

By the way (and on a side note).......maybe we should start a petition to get Blair and Bush tried for war crimes. I'd love to see those two get what they deserve for killing so many people!!!

Anthonygh is off-line
12 July 2014 11:09
anthonyh
Photographer

Kent

Well worth viewing....

30 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
KinkyKaycee Missminiskirt toxicinnocence
alanbassettphotography ansonphotography Cliff Creativedge dave1980 DAVEYC djb1 Dolayley Hioctane James7799 jccj1 john2017 JohnDentonPhoto keltica Kjoservices mg mike0048 Philski photomart photostevo psn RealityImaging Reynard ricciarelli steveh32 Steveharratt Twilightphotography