Fujifilm X-E1....thoughts on this camera please

Phil Moto is off-lineSilver Member
06 July 2014 10:48
xtiggerx
Photographer
xtiggerx
South Yorkshire
Doncaster

Hi recently saw a great promo for above  camera and 16-50mm plus 50-230mm and bag/memory card/screen protector...Just wondering what people thought about this camera...

HowardJ is off-line
06 July 2014 10:52
HowardJ
Photographer
HowardJ
Surrey
West Midlands

It has the same sensor as the x-e2, but a slower processor, so it can be a bit laggy. There is a firmware update available for it which improves things a bit. It really depends on what you're shooting.

There are a number if good deals on the x-e1 at the moment and in some cases its almost worth buying them just for the bundled lens.

Paul Hodson is off-line
06 July 2014 11:21
mph
Photographer
mph
Cheshire
Crewe

I have one (and a 5D). It's great for holidays but not ideal for model photography as the focussing, especially in poor light is frustratingly slow.
Amateur - happy to do TF with models with potential and enthusiasm. Website: www.mphodson.co.uk

Ian MACFADYEN is off-lineSilver Member
07 July 2014 06:17
Kiboko
Photographer
Kiboko
Surrey
GUILDFORD

I use mine for all my holiday/travel pics. as it's so light and easy to transport. IQ is first class. I wouldn't want to use it instead of my SLR for model/wildlife or motor-racing photography though, (horses for courses). If you want a second camera to use instead of your SLR to carry about generally, take on holiday, that kind of thing, it's user friendly, no vices, I haven't noticed any focussing issues personally, (it's had the latest firmware update).

SimonB is off-lineGold Member
07 July 2014 13:38
DaseinPhoto
Photographer
DaseinPhoto
Essex
Epping

I bought one second hand recently with the pancake lens just as a carry around (fits in a pocket if its a largish pocket) Still getting to know it but for the money I paid for I'm very impressed. Very clean even at highish ISO, good metering, don't think the speed is much of a problem as your not going to use it for anything where your going to be gunning.

If your getting a good deal I'd say go for it, but think about adding the pancake lens to make it more portable, its not the most compact of compacts.
I got the secret to happiness from the back of a bleach bottle - "Stand upright in a cool place"

10 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
aaronflamson mandymack Xkirstyannex
brendan essexgeezer James7799 Klp rscott360 yorkie77
Hbewhurst