Reminder Secure

why i tend to post to the other place and what can i do to change that?

This thread is being watched by 1 person
Steven Jardine is off-linePlatinum Member
07 July 2014 08:59
RedChecker
Photographer
RedChecker
Buckinghamshire
Stoke Mandeville

Quote from BrianSelway
The main thing that put me off PP was the owner. He used to be an obnoxious forum bully here, and I really don't want to give him by business.

He was on there as well, albeit sending private emails suggesting you don't belong on his site, hence the reason I left.
When you are dead, you do not know that you are dead. All of your pain is felt by others. The same thing happens when you are stupid.

RKD Photographic is off-line
07 July 2014 09:37
arkady001
Photographer
arkady001
Germany
Iserlohn

Quote from BrianSelway
The main thing that put me off PP was the owner. He used to be an obnoxious forum bully here, and I really don't want to give him by business. And yet here we get two idiots attacking every decent point that gets made...it makes my decision a lot easier, at least. It's a forum, people should be allowed their opinion, not turned on for being 'negative' every time they try to get a serious, possibly helpful conversation going. Or am I missing the point of a forum?

He no longer argues with people if they take him on in the forums. He simply bans them altogether... another great way to treat your paying customers...

"When I hold a camera, I know no fear..." - Alfred Eisenstadt

Steven Jardine is off-linePlatinum Member
07 July 2014 10:36
RedChecker
Photographer
RedChecker
Buckinghamshire
Stoke Mandeville

Quote from arkady001
He no longer argues with people if they take him on in the forums. He simply bans them altogether... another great way to treat your paying customers...

Or if they take on his 'mates'
When you are dead, you do not know that you are dead. All of your pain is felt by others. The same thing happens when you are stupid.

Stibnite is off-line
07 July 2014 10:59
Stibnite
Photographer
Stibnite
Suffolk
Bury St Edmunds

Quote from EdT

Very true. Sometimes this place is a bit like all the loyal members of CompuServe, AOL and the other similar companies saying that the internet would never replace CompuServe {or whichever] because they had communities etc. Where are those companies now?

I just did a search on Models in Cambridgeshire, only 6 have joined in the first six months of this year. I remember when you used to see six in a week.

Moaning about a lack of loyalty isn't going to fix that. The whole site needs updating a bit.

I can't remember 6 models joining in cambs in a week ever

You don't need eyes to see you need vision...........

07 July 2014 11:12
arkady001
Photographer
arkady001
Germany
Iserlohn

Quote from Stibnite
I can't remember 6 models joining in cambs in a week ever

48 models - M & F - have joined the other place in the past 48 hours.... Country-wide, obviously, but if that isn't enough of a wake up call, I don't know what is.

raw and the cooked is off-line
07 July 2014 12:45
Rawandthecooked
Photographer

London

Quote from RedChecker
He was on there as well, albeit sending private emails suggesting you don't belong on his site, hence the reason I l the site will fall, arrogance as displayed by the whole admin team and the owner will see to that, once a viable alternative appears! Someone has to step up to the plate though!

EdT is off-line
07 July 2014 14:02
EdT
Photographer
EdT
Cambridgeshire

Quote from Plymjack
Even if that worked it would be the same a searching London! - a huge area -  why keep defending the system when it is clearly not good,  a simple post code search is all that is needed.... members would on need to speciify the initial PL2 or PL area - which would be fine for those looking to avoid stalkers - and much eaiser for everyone else.

I'm not defending it. If you look a bit higher you'll see that I said that a simple x miles from postcode would be better. I'd just never seen that the casting call searches were done by region rather than county.

As I said, county searches are equally useless to me since I need to search 5 counties.

Anthonygh is off-line
08 July 2014 09:17
anthonyh
Photographer

Kent

Quote from EdT
PP works on postcodes and still seems to attract a large number of models. To find someone within a 30 mile radius of my home, I need to search Cambridgeshire, Lincolnshire, Nottinghamshire, Bedfordshire and Norfolk, then start weeding them out by location. A simple "within 30 miles of my postcode" would simplify all of that. It's simple things like that that make PP so much more usable.

MM as well...it has used that system since before I joined...years ago. I never search for models on here as the system is too cumbersome.....unless looking for something like '50 plus model doing art nude' since I know I will only get a few models flagged up for this and I can quickly see who is available and where....

Jen Somerfield ♥ is off-lineGold Member
08 July 2014 11:21
JenSomerfield
Model
JenSomerfield
Bristol
Bristol

Quote from arkady001
If a competitor offers a superior package for broadly the same amount, your loyalty is misplaced, surely?
A moot point considering we are all members of all sites under discussion here.

Are we?

Other popular sites are run by "photographers" who are dangerous towards models.

08 July 2014 12:26
arkady001
Photographer
arkady001
Germany
Iserlohn

Quote from JenSomerfield
Are we? Other popular sites are run by "photographers" who are dangerous towards models.

Yes 'we' photographers are. Mostly. Almost all those contributing to this thread are in at least two of the other three sites I log into on a regular (daily) basis.
I know of whom you speak btw and you have my heartfelt support and sympathy. Many discussions on that subject offline.
Plus, you 'were' until your account was closed.

31 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
ElleLaura heather94 Kayleigh94 Littlemiss01 lynnesel Michelledefeo1
Blancho cliffc Creativedge digitizer djb1 eosfan freddie Ianmcculloch ImageStyle kinofist LGI markeos50d MIB mike0048 mrdl nige_nw panda49 Photogenic2 redbaron Robinsky Snooper911 stevegosh Steveh32 supaglam Willy_O