Reminder Secure

why i tend to post to the other place and what can i do to change that?

This thread is being watched by 1 person
Paul Hodson is off-line
07 July 2014 07:05
mph
Photographer
mph
Cheshire
Crewe

Quote from RedChecker
.............suggested either a borough or at the very least which quadrant (ie. central, North, East, etc.) and models weren't comfortable with the idea.

Geez, paranoia or what? Restricting it to one out of about 2.5 million people should not be a problem!
Amateur - happy to do TF with models with potential and enthusiasm. Website: www.mphodson.co.uk

RKD Photographic is off-line
07 July 2014 07:14
arkady001
Photographer
arkady001
Germany
Iserlohn

Quote from RedChecker
One of the problems is that some models fear for their personal safety if the system was any mode specific.

I've raised concerns in the past that 'London' is far too vague and suggested either  a borough or at the very least which quadrant (ie. central, North, East, etc.) and models weren't comfortable with the idea.

Preferring to receive job offers from Uzbekistan, no doubt... other sites have the option to add town and even postcode to your profile. Most models there fill those fields in without even blinking...
"When I hold a camera, I know no fear..." - Alfred Eisenstadt

EdT is off-line
07 July 2014 07:22
EdT
Photographer
EdT
Cambridgeshire

Quote from RedChecker
One of the problems is that some models fear for their personal safety if the system was any mode specific.

I've raised concerns in the past that 'London' is far too vague and suggested eitherĀ  a borough or at the very least which quadrant (ie. central, North, East, etc.) and models weren't comfortable with the idea.

PP works on postcodes and still seems to attract a large number of models.

To find someone within a 30 mile radius of my home, I need to search Cambridgeshire, Lincolnshire, Nottinghamshire, Bedfordshire and Norfolk, then start weeding them out by location. A simple "within 30 miles of my postcode" would simplify all of that.

It's simple things like that that make PP so much more usable.

Steven Jardine is off-linePlatinum Member
07 July 2014 07:31
RedChecker
Photographer
RedChecker
Buckinghamshire
Stoke Mandeville

I guess their (the models) response was simply the typical human reaction against what they're used to when I made the suggestion on here and yes, they seem fine with the setups on other sites. I just got annoyed that they wouldn't answer direct questions with asking where in London they were as it meant the difference between an hour's drive or 2-3 hour's drive, odd.
When you are dead, you do not know that you are dead. All of your pain is felt by others. The same thing happens when you are stupid.

G Jack B is off-line
07 July 2014 08:04
Plymjack
Photographer
Plymjack
Devon
Plymouth

Err London is about 40 miles across..... the SW is over 250 miles - hence my frustration with the lack of a useable search option!
Real Bread Cook by day, BTL landlord & IT Guru - who said men can't multitask!

EdT is off-line
07 July 2014 08:07
EdT
Photographer
EdT
Cambridgeshire

Quote from Plymjack
Err London is about 40 miles across..... the SW is over 250 miles - hence my frustration with the lack of a useable search option!

I don't see where you can specify SW, the options are Cornwall, Devon, Avon, Somerset, Berkshire etc.

Or am I missing something here?

Steven Jardine is off-linePlatinum Member
07 July 2014 08:10
RedChecker
Photographer
RedChecker
Buckinghamshire
Stoke Mandeville

Quote from EdT
I don't see where you can specify SW, the options are Cornwall, Devon, Avon, Somerset, Berkshire etc. Or am I missing something here?

Go to the casting calls tab and filter the searches.  It doesn't give counties, only regions (eg. south-west, south-east)
When you are dead, you do not know that you are dead. All of your pain is felt by others. The same thing happens when you are stupid.

G Jack B is off-line
07 July 2014 08:21
Plymjack
Photographer
Plymjack
Devon
Plymouth

Quote from EdT
I don't see where you can specify SW, the options are Cornwall, Devon, Avon, Somerset, Berkshire etc. Or am I missing something here?

Even if that worked it would be the same a searching London! - a huge area -  why keep defending the system when it is clearly not good,  a simple post code search is all that is needed.... members would on need to speciify the initial PL2 or PL area - which would be fine for those looking to avoid stalkers - and much eaiser for everyone else.
Real Bread Cook by day, BTL landlord & IT Guru - who said men can't multitask!

Iain Thomson is off-linePlatinum Member
07 July 2014 09:03
IainT
Photographer
IainT
Bedfordshire

Quote from Hugh
I would like to see the site revived.

Facebook is the preferred way to interact for most models and photographers.
Ignoring that is futile

It has two weaknesses:
- lack of a reference system
- the inability to post nudes.

Purestorm has a good, well run reference system.
It needs a good, easy way to link from Facebook to portfolios and individual portfolio fotos here (without thumbnails showing for NSFW fotos).
It also badly needs a better way of sorting model searches on a distance or postcode basis.

If that was sorted, it might take off again.
Frankly, close integration with Facebook is the only thing which will help.

I don't use facebook personally, but I can see where you are coming from.

The main disadvantage this site has over competitors is that I believe it is not the operators main business (appologies if that is incorrect) so they do not have the same time to devote to it as others do.

I agree PS is losing ground. That does dissapoint me a lot. I have a lot of loyalty to this site, it has served me very well over the years and the management and moderators have never been anything other than fair and respectful (towards me anyway) and I would love to see changes which revitalise things around here.
I tend to be a modest man, but then I do have a lot to be modest about.

Brian Selway is off-line
07 July 2014 09:48
BrianSelway
Photographer

Leicestershire
Leicester

The main thing that put me off PP was the owner. He used to be an obnoxious forum bully here, and I really don't want to give him by business. And yet here we get two idiots attacking every decent point that gets made...it makes my decision a lot easier, at least.
It's a forum, people should be allowed their opinion, not turned on for being 'negative' every time they try to get a serious, possibly helpful conversation going. Or am I missing the point of a forum?

24 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
apriluk chosin JoannaJoy pinklilly RedXXX
63jian andrewk anthonyh asnphotography azurphotos ChrisNewton diphoto djb1 Essexjohn firsttake Ladiesman michaelangelo mike0048 philippahh PhilStorm redbaron Rhadamanthus rod_m99 Skystudio