Reminder Secure

why i tend to post to the other place and what can i do to change that?

This thread is being watched by 1 person
RKD Photographic is off-line
07 July 2014 03:24
arkady001
Photographer
arkady001
Germany
Iserlohn

Quote from Bob
Models, or the good ones at least, don't post in forum threads.
They go to bed early to get up early next day to prepare themselves for shoots.
That's what allows us to take snaps like this on a sunny Sunday afternoon.

Model: Lottie21

Bob cheeky

So any model posting in the forums is by your definition a 'bad model'? 
I read some stupid posts on these forums sometimes, but this is right up there with the best of them...lol

"When I hold a camera, I know no fear..." - Alfred Eisenstadt

EdT is off-line
07 July 2014 03:55
EdT
Photographer
EdT
Cambridgeshire

Quote from CLIC_Photography

I am loyal financially, i am low key as regards forum activity, which as i understand is NOT a pre requisite for a paid membership. I haven't placed my activity onto PP - i am low key there too, that's my choice, but i get some interaction!
i finally agree on something you say, the problem indeed lies within yourself and there's none as blind as those that will not see. PS is going down hill, i'm sorry but it is. Accepting mediocrity is not being loyal, it's actually feeding the demise of the forum, if you care so much write to the decision makers, demand they do something before it's too late!

I'm sure you'll just ridicule this and not agree with a word.

Very true. Sometimes this place is a bit like all the loyal members of CompuServe, AOL and the other similar companies saying that the internet would never replace CompuServe {or whichever] because they had communities etc. Where are those companies now?

I just did a search on Models in Cambridgeshire, only 6 have joined in the first six months of this year. I remember when you used to see six in a week.

Moaning about a lack of loyalty isn't going to fix that. The whole site needs updating a bit.

RKD Photographic is off-line
07 July 2014 04:15
arkady001
Photographer
arkady001
Germany
Iserlohn

Quote from EdT
Very true. Sometimes this place is a bit like all the loyal members of CompuServe, AOL and the other similar companies saying that the internet would never replace CompuServe {or whichever] because they had communities etc. Where are those companies now? I just did a search on Models in Cambridgeshire, only 6 have joined in the first six months of this year. I remember when you used to see six in a week. Moaning about a lack of loyalty isn't going to fix that. The whole site needs updating a bit.

The last post in the models' section was over six weeks ago... says it all, really. Can't take photos of models if there aren't any models. Most regularly working models have profiles on all the major sites, it's true, but guess which ones they'll be looking at regularly to check messages? The busy ones or the one with tumbleweed blowing through the forum?

"When I hold a camera, I know no fear..." - Alfred Eisenstadt

Nige Nw is off-lineSilver Member
07 July 2014 04:33
nige_nw
Photographer
nige_nw
Lancashire

I find this thread quite interesting as it seems to be replaying the sort of sentiments I saw over at NM a couple of years ago.
Namely another site is out there and attracting a lot of interest meanwhile the existing site loses members.

Lots of members remain on both but often reduce their membership level ultimately to basic and reduce their interaction with the site until it becomes fairly stagnant.

Some members defend it as it works for them and/or they don't like change but the reality is unless it works for the majority it will decline.

Many members do not post or may not use the forums much but unless there are features that keep people then it will decline.

I like PS & I reduced my membership due to financials rather than limitations of the site but next year I may have to review whether I remain paying on multiple sites and thus will need to re-assess which one(s) I remain on. I find I am using PS less & less & I think that is because it doesn't have the same opportunities to showcase work etc.

The problem is how to change without trying to upset members or just try to become a clone - I don't have the answers but what I do see, unfortunately, as I say, is the same sort of thing that happened on NM.

That said Matt & his team do care about this site and I am sure will react unlike the owner of NM

Hugh is off-lineGold Member
07 July 2014 05:44
Hugh
Photographer
Hugh
Dyfed
Aberystwyth

I would like to see the site revived.

Facebook is the preferred way to interact for most models and photographers.
Ignoring that is futile

It has two weaknesses:
- lack of a reference system
- the inability to post nudes.

Purestorm has a good, well run reference system.
It needs a good, easy way to link from Facebook to portfolios and individual portfolio fotos here (without thumbnails showing for NSFW fotos).
It also badly needs a better way of sorting model searches on a distance or postcode basis.

If that was sorted, it might take off again.
Frankly, close integration with Facebook is the only thing which will help.
It's not Fine Art just because it's in Black and White.

Steven Jardine is off-linePlatinum Member
07 July 2014 05:48
RedChecker
Photographer
RedChecker
Buckinghamshire
Stoke Mandeville

I think Facebook's a dreadful system, certainly for models as genuine offers of work have the potential to get lost in the deluge of chat-up posts from fans & other useless, non-work related nonsense.

I've tried several times to contact models on there (who aren't on here) and you just get ignored, they don't even read the message even when you're 'freinds' with them and you know it's going into their inbox rather than the 'other' box.
When you are dead, you do not know that you are dead. All of your pain is felt by others. The same thing happens when you are stupid.

Hugh is off-lineGold Member
07 July 2014 06:20
Hugh
Photographer
Hugh
Dyfed
Aberystwyth

FB works very well for me - probably use it half the time.
Depends which groups you are a member of, and if you actually know the models first I suppose.

It's not Fine Art just because it's in Black and White.

07 July 2014 06:30
RedChecker
Photographer
RedChecker
Buckinghamshire
Stoke Mandeville

To be fair I don't bother with groups on there (too cliquey and I get fed up with people constantly posting to buy/sell stuff in them) and the models I know I'll still get in touch with them on here as a few have the 'fan' problem I mention above.

This site does it all for me (in terms of comms) so I see no need to seek out something else.
When you are dead, you do not know that you are dead. All of your pain is felt by others. The same thing happens when you are stupid.

G Jack B is off-line
07 July 2014 06:42
Plymjack
Photographer
Plymjack
Devon
Plymouth

Quote from Hugh
I would like to see the site revived. .... Purestorm has a good, well run reference system....... It also badly needs a better way of sorting model searches on a distance or postcode basis. If that was sorted, it might take off again. ..

for me it says it all.....  While the "south west" is from Lands End to Reading some 260 miles door to door it is impossible to use the search option usefully...
Real Bread Cook by day, BTL landlord & IT Guru - who said men can't multitask!

07 July 2014 07:01
RedChecker
Photographer
RedChecker
Buckinghamshire
Stoke Mandeville

Quote from Plymjack
for me it says it all.....  While the "south west" is from Lands End to Reading some 260 miles door to door it is impossible to use the search option usefully...

One of the problems is that some models fear for their personal safety if the system was any mode specific.

I've raised concerns in the past that 'London' is far too vague and suggested either  a borough or at the very least which quadrant (ie. central, North, East, etc.) and models weren't comfortable with the idea.

35 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
Astramore chosin fashion29 Jessicaliu1993 lynnesel missminiskirt pinklilly RedXXX Winterlilly
63jian antoinewynn cgwebster cliffc couchestudio dorrian dougharding edwards Essexjohn flair_photography gshocker30 Impulse_Images Kjoservices mamamiya MIB modelboutique philippahh photomart rscott360 sbindependant Scottda Snooper911 steeee212 steveh32 westend_portfolios
barlowstudios