Reminder Secure

why i tend to post to the other place and what can i do to change that?

This thread is being watched by 1 person
David Clic Photography is off-line
06 July 2014 16:07
CLIC_Photography
Photographer
CLIC_Photography
Lincolnshire

Quote from SandyCamel
Well, that's it then.

PP in your opinion is the winner.

Thank goodness this thread has ended.

A loyal Purestorm member.

I've been low key, but i've also been a loyal PS member too. The site is pretty static, it hasn't really responded to the new kid on the block has it? To survive in this field everything needs to be fluid, to adapt, evolve, innovate. standing still is going backwards.

As a loyal member surely you should be shouting for at least some of these things, because clearly it's hemorrhaging members and support and ultimately it will disappear if things continue to slide. I don't want to see that any more than you do.

what was the last innovative thing PS did? can u even remember? i can't. Going to PP isn't a betrayal, people will go where their needs are fulfilled and if PS stopped fulfilling it's member's needs then there's the betrayal right there.

RKD Photographic is off-line
06 July 2014 16:13
arkady001
Photographer
arkady001
Germany
Iserlohn

Quote from CLIC_Photography
I've been low key, but i've also been a loyal PS member too. The site is pretty static, it hasn't really responded to the new kid on the block has it? To survive in this field everything needs to be fluid, to adapt, evolve, innovate. standing still is going backwards. As a loyal member surely you should be shouting for at least some of these things, because clearly it's hemorrhaging members and support and ultimately it will disappear if things continue to slide. I don't want to see that any more than you do. what was the last innovative thing PS did? can u even remember? i can't. Going to PP isn't a betrayal, people will go where their needs are fulfilled and if PS stopped fulfilling it's member's needs then there's the betrayal right there.

+1
"When I hold a camera, I know no fear..." - Alfred Eisenstadt

marlham is off-line
06 July 2014 16:38
marlhamphoto
Photographer
This member has been reset to pending
marlhamphoto
Kent
Canterbury

Quote from CLIC_Photography
I've been low key, but i've also been a loyal PS member too. The site is pretty static, it hasn't really responded to the new kid on the block has it? To survive in this field everything needs to be fluid, to adapt, evolve, innovate. standing still is going backwards. As a loyal member surely you should be shouting for at least some of these things, because clearly it's hemorrhaging members and support and ultimately it will disappear if things continue to slide. I don't want to see that any more than you do. what was the last innovative thing PS did? can u even remember? i can't. Going to PP isn't a betrayal, people will go where their needs are fulfilled and if PS stopped fulfilling it's member's needs then there's the betrayal right there.

LOL you almost made me shed a tear there

But you know it's always easiest to blame someone or something else when in fact the resolution lies within yourself (and others like you). You acknowledge that you've been low key and no doubt you've invested all your time elsewhere. Yet you dain to describe yourself as a loyal PS member! How can that possibly be the case if you've withdrawn your activity and placed it elsewhere? You're kidding nobody but yourself about your loyalty.

06 July 2014 16:55
arkady001
Photographer
arkady001
Germany
Iserlohn

If a competitor offers a superior package for broadly the same amount, your loyalty is misplaced, surely?
A moot point considering we are all members of all sites under discussion here.

Katie Soze is off-line
06 July 2014 17:01
katiesoze
Photographer
katiesoze
South Yorkshire

I don't think you should invest too much time into either tbh. I don't think either places do much good for me.

06 July 2014 17:14
arkady001
Photographer
arkady001
Germany
Iserlohn

Quote from katiesoze
I don't think you should invest too much time into either tbh. I don't think either places do much good for me.

Where would you suggest as an alternative?

Hugh is off-lineGold Member
06 July 2014 17:18
Hugh
Photographer
Hugh
Dyfed
Aberystwyth

Has anybody else counted how many models have posted in this thread?

It's zero, by the way.
It's not Fine Art just because it's in Black and White.

nigel kent is off-line
06 July 2014 17:34
sirspread
Photographer
sirspread
Avon
bath

Quote from cgwebster
Indeed, I really don't understand the concept of blind loyalty to a web site. This place reminds me of a pub that has become a little run down, the décor faded. The crowd has moved to the shiny new place down the road, leaving behind a few die-hard locals leaning against the bar.

+100

David Clic Photography is off-line
06 July 2014 17:42
CLIC_Photography
Photographer
CLIC_Photography
Lincolnshire

Quote from marlhamphoto
LOL you almost made me shed a tear there

But you know it's always easiest to blame someone or something else when in fact the resolution lies within yourself (and others like you). You acknowledge that you've been low key and no doubt you've invested all your time elsewhere. Yet you dain to describe yourself as a loyal PS member! How can that possibly be the case if you've withdrawn your activity and placed it elsewhere? You're kidding nobody but yourself about your loyalty.

I am loyal financially, i am low key as regards forum activity, which as i understand is NOT a pre requisite for a paid membership. I haven't placed my activity onto PP - i am low key there too, that's my choice, but i get some interaction!
i finally agree on something you say, the problem indeed lies within yourself and there's none as blind as those that will not see. PS is going down hill, i'm sorry but it is. Accepting mediocrity is not being loyal, it's actually feeding the demise of the forum, if you care so much write to the decision makers, demand they do something before it's too late!

I'm sure you'll just ridicule this and not agree with a word.

Bob is off-linePlatinum Member
06 July 2014 17:47
Bob
Photographer
Bob
Devon
Honiton

Quote from Hugh
Has anybody else counted how many models have posted in this thread?

Models, or the good ones at least, don't post in forum threads.
They go to bed early to get up early next day to prepare themselves for shoots.
That's what allows us to take snaps like this on a sunny Sunday afternoon.

Model: Lottie21

Bob cheeky

17 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
Sacha4creative
Adrian bengie david1500 gperl imageatthemill jccj1 keltica Kentrichuk MIB mlp PhilStorm plld sniffer warnie xcellent
barlowstudios