Reminder Secure

why i tend to post to the other place and what can i do to change that?

This thread is being watched by 1 person
4EverYoung is off-line
06 July 2014 10:26
Midnite
Photographer
Midnite
Cambridgeshire
Peterborough

David,

The only thing you can be positive of,

is the negativity!!
I have never failed But i have discovered thousands of approches which don't work.

Neil Anderson is off-line
06 July 2014 10:41
stolenfaces
Photographer
stolenfaces
London
West London

Quote from xtiggerx
Well yet again a normal forum post has got someones "back-up".....David HASNT requested his images to be judged or commented on but the differences between PS and PP,yet marlhamphoto has decided to copy davids work on PP just to put his point across...and very tasteless i thought....

Really - why not get your facts right !
He shared some of the comments so that we could all be informed rather than usual way that people revel in their ignorance.
I see no judgement of his photos merely an example of the sort of drivel you encounter on PP

This seems to me to add considerably to the discussion.

If you want the opinions of people who know nothing, post on Facebook.
If you think anyone who doesn't agree with you is 'negative' stick to PP
Like any dealer he was watching for the card that is so high and wild he'll never need to deal another...

RKD Photographic is off-line
06 July 2014 12:52
arkady001
Photographer
arkady001
Germany
Iserlohn

Preaching to the converted...
The forums here are dead. If we get one new thread a day we consider ourselves lucky. If someone else actually posts in that thread? Nirvana!
Image critique is non existent because you never see any images unless you go looking for them. Not even Recently Uploaded, Most Loved, Most Veiwed etc. Under the Images tab it's just your own images or upload a new one... useless as tits on a fish.
The Featured Artists section on the home page is a joke.
The last thread offering suggestions as to how things might be improved was deleted (or hidden from public view if Admin is to be believed).

I posted a couple of images lat week in the other place too. As was the case with the OP, my stats went through the roof, three models contacted me for shoots via PM and a half dozen more added me to their WTWW lists...
As far as networking goes the other place kicks PSs arse.
If it's entertainment and talking arkady001 is a naughty person in the forums, ditto.
"When I hold a camera, I know no fear..." - Alfred Eisenstadt

CGW is off-line
06 July 2014 13:27
cgwebster
Photographer
cgwebster
Hampshire
Basingstoke

Quote from arkady001
Preaching to the converted...
The forums here are dead. If we get one new thread a day we consider ourselves lucky. If someone else actually posts in that thread? Nirvana!
Image critique is non existent because you never see any images unless you go looking for them. Not even Recently Uploaded, Most Loved, Most Veiwed etc. Under the Images tab it's just your own images or upload a new one... useless as tits on a fish.
The Featured Artists section on the home page is a joke.
The last thread offering suggestions as to how things might be improved was deleted (or hidden from public view if Admin is to be believed).

I posted a couple of images lat week in the other place too. As was the case with the OP, my stats went through the roof, three models contacted me for shoots via PM and a half dozen more added me to their WTWW lists...
As far as networking goes the other place kicks PSs arse.
If it's entertainment and talking cgwebster is a naughty person in the forums, ditto.

I find myself agreeing with you.

There are a few Statler and Waldorf type people who just hate all that sort of thing and rarely have anything positive to say, its amazing how much they seem to know about the other place though

if you find something disagreeable at the other place you can just turn it off, hide groups that irritate and even hide individual threads, can't ask for more than that really.

EdT is off-line
06 July 2014 14:22
EdT
Photographer
EdT
Cambridgeshire

Quote from arkady001

This.

The only threads with any activity you see on here are those the few who won't accept any criticism of PS desperately trying to put PP down.

Oh, and there was that really exciting one about PAT testing that managed to keep going for just short of a month.

David Clic Photography is off-line
06 July 2014 14:58
CLIC_Photography
Photographer
CLIC_Photography
Lincolnshire

seems like a pretty grim picture is being painted here, apart from some loyal people - which is fair enough, PP isn't for everyone. But it looks like PP is the way forward and PS is destined to get left behind. It's a pity though, would only need a few changes and a bit of innovation to take PS forward.

thanks for everyone who took the time to reply.

Jonathan is off-line
06 July 2014 15:04
SandyCamel
Photographer
SandyCamel
Nottinghamshire

Well, that's it then.

PP in your opinion is the winner.

Thank goodness this thread has ended.

A loyal Purestorm member.
Relax, take it easy and float down-stream with the Sandy Camel

gaffer is off-line
06 July 2014 15:22
gaffer
Photographer
gaffer
East Yorkshire

Not quite the end As a newbie to both sites I have quite an open mind. Looking to expand my ports I have carried out model searches on both sites. What did strike me on this one was the high number of models who have not logged on for months or even years. As`a test I sent a couple messages just to see if they are receiving emails. No response. Do "retired" models stay featured forever?

CGW is off-line
06 July 2014 15:30
cgwebster
Photographer
cgwebster
Hampshire
Basingstoke

Quote from EdT

This.

The only threads with any activity you see on here are those the few who won't accept any criticism of PS desperately trying to put PP down.

Oh, and there was that really exciting one about PAT testing that managed to keep going for just short of a month.

Indeed, I really don't understand the concept of blind loyalty to a web site. This place reminds me of a pub that has become a little run down, the d├ęcor faded. The crowd has moved to the shiny new place down the road, leaving behind a few die-hard locals leaning against the bar.

That reminds me, I wonder if there is still the valiant few still believing things will work out on N-M ?

marlham is off-line
06 July 2014 15:40
marlhamphoto
Photographer
This member has been reset to pending
marlhamphoto
Kent
Canterbury

Quote from gaffer
Not quite the end As a newbie to both sites I have quite an open mind. Looking to expand my ports I have carried out model searches on both sites. What did strike me on this one was the high number of models who have not logged on for months or even years. As`a test I sent a couple messages just to see if they are receiving emails. No response. Do "retired" models stay featured forever?

Basically you need to accept that a portfolio hosting service doesn't necessitate a member having to log in on a regular basis. Many models, being of a younger generation in the main, prefer to communicate via FB and other social media using the immediacy of their smartphones. Many just link to their modelling profile/portfolio from their FB page and leave it at that - the act of logging into a modelling site just to pick up messages is a bit of a fag.

The other site you're referring to sends its members emails requiring them to log in if they haven't done so for a certain period - it used to be six months I believe. Otherwise they're told that their profile will be suspended. So the other site forces people to log in regularly. So far as I know this site doesn't put its hosting members to that inconvenience.

30 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
celebrateeverymoment danixhale Littlemiss01 lucypurse Michelledefeo1
Auctioneer dbphoto digitizer Essexjohn j12345s jefflynne JohnDentonPhoto johnr jpdo keltica lenspoynter MauricesImagery MIB mlp nicetwocu philippahh photostevo redbaron siclews stevegosh Steveh32 Steveharratt stevie_de talldave68 will_i_am