Reminder Secure

why i tend to post to the other place and what can i do to change that?

This thread is being watched by 1 person
Paul Hodson is off-line
06 July 2014 09:07
mph
Photographer
mph
Cheshire
Crewe

Quote from CLIC_Photography
Maybe you would see more FPI's of 'less than attractive' models if people like yourself didn't have comments like this in your bio! " Attractive faces are a key part of my requirements"

As my intention was to point out it was faces rather than tits that were important in my model selection...........................

But I wasn't complaining about attractive models being FPIs - merely pointing out that it did influence the selection..

Amateur - happy to do TF with models with potential and enthusiasm. Website: www.mphodson.co.uk

Paul Hodson is off-line
06 July 2014 09:09
mph
Photographer
mph
Cheshire
Crewe

Quote from Gerry99111
My last FPI was of a fox [the animal variety not a pretty female]

Good looking little beast though - proves my point! 

Amateur - happy to do TF with models with potential and enthusiasm. Website: www.mphodson.co.uk

marlham is off-line
06 July 2014 09:17
marlhamphoto
Photographer
This member has been reset to pending
marlhamphoto
Kent
Canterbury

Quote from CLIC_Photography
As long as i am able to discern what's worthwhile and meaningful from amongst the 'guff' (and i am)...

OK then let's see what you make of each of the comments on your image here:

Starting from the top and working down, 1 through 9, which ones are guff and which ones aren't? In your opinion...

I assume this is the image you referred to in your OP even though it only has 44 loves (I assume somebody withdrew theirs) and although it has 9 comments one was your own.

Gerry is off-line
06 July 2014 09:23
Gerry99111
Photographer
Gerry99111
Surrey
Guildford

I think some people try to over complicate things. I just look at which site provides me opportunities to work with the models I most wish to on the best terms available and as painlessly and effectively as possible. There is one site that wins hands down at the moment
If you have to ask why I do it, you will never understand the reason why

RGBphoto is off-lineSilver Member
06 July 2014 09:29
magpie1
Photographer

Tyne and Wear
Newcastle

I have also posted about the 'reticence' , on here, to make m/any comments etc. about images, just as an aside to the OP, how many times have you commented on other peoples images on here?
The 'other place' is entirely designed and 'tricked up' to be gushy, some might say hysterical' and a realm for desperate attention seekers, and kudos giving for being ' active', but obviously I wouldn't say that.
As has already been pointed out a raft of 'loves', ' stunnings' and 'awesomes' get applied ubiquitously, one person appears to comment on every single image - must have an app!
Returning to the question of commentary, as said I think more should be done here, I do try to comment, on here, don't expect any back- unlike the 'other place' and is "good image" or similar acceptable, instead of some non- meaning hyperbole?

marlham is off-line
06 July 2014 09:51
marlhamphoto
Photographer
This member has been reset to pending
marlhamphoto
Kent
Canterbury

Well I doubt David will respond - which is fair enough as those comments speak for themselves really.

But my point is that some of us would rather not have to put up with all the guff in its various forms. And PS currently offers a sensible, mature and very credible alternative - in fact it's much better than PP in my particular area. So why spoil it?

Phil Moto is off-lineSilver Member
06 July 2014 10:39
xtiggerx
Photographer
xtiggerx
South Yorkshire
Doncaster

Well yet again a normal forum post has got someones "back-up".....David HASNT requested his images to be judged or commented on but the differences between PS and PP,yet marlhamphoto has decided to copy davids work on PP just to put his point across...and very tasteless i thought....

David Clic Photography is off-line
06 July 2014 10:45
CLIC_Photography
Photographer
CLIC_Photography
Lincolnshire

Quote from marlhamphoto
Well I doubt David will respond - which is fair enough as those comments speak for themselves really.

But my point is that some of us would rather not have to put up with all the guff in its various forms. And PS currently offers a sensible, mature and very credible alternative - in fact it's much better than PP in my particular area. So why spoil it?

why wouldn't i respond? i'm quite intelligent and can obviously see that comments like 'wonderful' and 'wow' are not beneficial on a critique level, but it's part of a bigger picture! He/she who bothered to say wow today have made a connection and may come back tomorrow and offer something far more insightful on another photo. the 'wants to work with you feature' is in my opinion a valid and useful tool. I have made several good connections from it. Some new models are not as confident as experienced models and would shy away from messaging a more experienced photographer, this can be a way for them to let togs know they'd like to work with them without risk of direct rejection in a message, which can further knock their confidence.

You seem intent on dismissing all of my points, so i don't expect you'll agree with any of the above. Maybe i should just keep paying, posting, keeping my head down and be thankful i get no guff.

David Clic Photography is off-line
06 July 2014 10:47
CLIC_Photography
Photographer
CLIC_Photography
Lincolnshire

Quote from xtiggerx
Well yet again a normal forum post has got someones "back-up".....David HASNT requested his images to be judged or commented on but the differences between PS and PP,yet marlhamphoto has decided to copy davids work on PP just to put his point across...and very tasteless i thought....

+1

RGBphoto is off-lineSilver Member
06 July 2014 10:49
magpie1
Photographer

Tyne and Wear
Newcastle

That, I find, is exactly the point being demonstrated, it is entirely about the veracity and value of the PP comments.

7 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
jessicaliu1993 Just_Janine
AndyGStudios Aquarius grahamsphotography JSP sct73