Reminder Secure

why i tend to post to the other place and what can i do to change that?

This thread is being watched by 1 person
Dominic Thurmer is off-linePlatinum Member
11 July 2014 15:00
dominicdgt
Photographer
dominicdgt
Kent
Gillingham

Quote from marlhamphoto
Unfortunately postcode search based on a radius is far from being an ideal solution. For me it's a pain in the arse - it returns people based in the extreme east of Essex whilst I'm in the extreme east of Kent. It tells me they're only 20 miles away - yeah right.

The relative merits of all the alternatives have been debated to death - there's no point in doing so again. The way it is at the moment means it works for me even if it doesn't for you. Tough. There's no single solution that will be ideal for everybody.

Those Kent/Essex search issue comes up in loads of different sites though, Auto trader a classic example with cars 16 miles from me if I've an aqua car to get there, I'd concede facebook isn't the debate, anything rather than nothing is a step in the right direction, most of us are here mainly to connect with models, many of the models were almost too young to even join FB when we were first here in 2007/8/9, but the mechanism that's become their daily method to find/talk/judge/connect with people including photographers is just completely discarded because of issues back in the day. The hassle it caused might have been a nightmare but a link to my page? very few models have websites, loads have model FB "like" pages. They can turn off/on if they wanted!

Rob Keynsham is off-line
11 July 2014 17:07
basil
Photographer
basil
Avon
Bristol

Quote from marlhamphoto
Unfortunately postcode search based on a radius is far from being an ideal solution. For me it's a pain in the arse - it returns people based in the extreme east of Essex whilst I'm in the extreme east of Kent. It tells me they're only 20 miles away - yeah right.

The relative merits of all the alternatives have been debated to death - there's no point in doing so again. The way it is at the moment means it works for me even if it doesn't for you. Tough. There's no single solution that will be ideal for everybody.

I spent 2 minutes trying to come up with a single solution that works for nearly everybody ....

Use CTRL + click to select multiple counties from the list
Go to the next box and select the distance you're interested in searching.

Hit go. 

Not selecting a county will search by distance only; not selecting a distance will search the entire county and not selecting either will search the whole country.

29 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
chosin Cody ElleLaura Pebbles40 REDXXX zavego
63jian akwaaba antoinewynn bob22 BobWright bradder claypaws geoffmarchant lify metro mghphoto oro Paul_Jones pensophoto philippahh Pjsphotos Rscott360 skinz stephenmuddell stevegosh supaglam
Dlzanglfan32
matt