SandyCamel
Photographer
SandyCamel
Nottinghamshire

Quote from Chosin
Purestorm management not the moderators dealt with that specific thread
we understand it was related to a member cancelling their WorldPay subscription
moderators do not get any access whatsoever to members' online banking details

Who are 'The Management' I wonder, as a matter of interest ?

A wondering me.

Relax, take it easy and float down-stream with the Sandy Camel

marlham is off-line
06 July 2014 14:39
marlhamphoto
Photographer
This member has been reset to pending
marlhamphoto
Kent
Canterbury

Quote from cgwebster
You seem to have an inability to comprehend, at what point did I ever say I wanted that?

You didn't. Hence my assertion that it's all just negative drivel. You've been here long enough to know that any genuine issues you might have will be resolved if raised in the proper way and that merely spouting off in the forum is unlikely to achieve anything other than a general perception of your own stupidity.

Quote from cgwebster
If you find it acceptable that threads get hidden for no apparent reason then fine, good for you.

I have no doubt that there will have been a reason. I've already aluded to what they might have been earlier in this thread. Unlike you I'm unlikely to jump to the unfounded conclusion that the reason was nefarious.

So, how much does the unexpired proportion of your subscription amount to...

CGW is off-line
06 July 2014 14:48
cgwebster
Photographer
cgwebster
Hampshire
Basingstoke

Quote from marlhamphoto
You didn't. Hence my assertion that it's all just negative drivel. You've been here long enough to know that any genuine issues you might have will be resolved if raised in the proper way and that merely spouting off in the forum is unlikely to achieve anything other than a general perception of your own stupidity.

cgwebster

If you find it acceptable that threads get hidden for no apparent reason then fine, good for you.

I have no doubt that there will have been a reason. I've already aluded to what they might have been earlier in this thread. Unlike you I'm unlikely to jump to the unfounded conclusion that the reason was nefarious.

Wow, I think you take the biscuit for negative.

RKD Photographic is off-line
06 July 2014 14:52
arkady001
Photographer
arkady001
Germany
Iserlohn

Quote from marlhamphoto

You did indeed allude to what the reasons might have been, but unless you know for certain, it's pure speculation. For one thing, I doubt other sites would be interested in poaching ideas which they already implement! Also, why should anyone take your opinion as gospel? You say not to worry, though, so that makes it all peachy?
You might have no doubts. Plenty here do.

"When I hold a camera, I know no fear..." - Alfred Eisenstadt

marlham is off-line
06 July 2014 14:54
marlhamphoto
Photographer
marlhamphoto
Kent
Canterbury

Quote from cgwebster
Wow, I think you take the biscuit for negative.

OK then let me do the sums for you. In the abscence of any info I'll assume you were a gold member and that you downgraded half way through the month. Let me be generous and round it up to £3.00. Does that sound about right to you?

EdT is off-line
06 July 2014 15:07
EdT
Photographer
EdT
Cambridgeshire

Quote from marlhamphoto
OK then let me do the sums for you. In the abscence of any info I'll assume you were a gold member and that you downgraded half way through the month. Let me be generous and round it up to £3.00. Does that sound about right to you?

You really aren't getting the point are you?

RKD Photographic is off-line
06 July 2014 15:31
arkady001
Photographer
arkady001
Germany
Iserlohn

Lol... assuming a thriving membership - which this place no longer enjoys, that's £3 multiplied by the number of users who decide to cancel early, unaware that their access drops to free membership level immediately.
It's also still £3 for providing... nothing.
Or nothing more than a free subscriber gets. Money for old rope, anyone?
"When I hold a camera, I know no fear..." - Alfred Eisenstadt

marlham is off-line
06 July 2014 15:36
marlhamphoto
Photographer
marlhamphoto
Kent
Canterbury

Quote from EdT
You really aren't getting the point are you?

OK let me walk you through it.

The OP started this thread by saying this:

Quote from cgwebster
I started a thread a few days ago expressing disappointment at the way the downgrade process works. The thread ran for a few days but now is gone.... No explanation, no email from admin, no nothing. Still owe me a months premium subscription BTW.

Clearly the amount of the unexpired subscription is an issue for him - why else would he say "Still owe me a months premium subscription BTW." ?

Later on when I asked him about the value of his unexpired subscription he said this:
Quote from cgwebster
You seem to have an inability to comprehend, at what point did I ever say I wanted that?

Well clearly it was referred to in his opening statement - the part which I've highlighted above for clarity. But he's now trying to say that it was never about that despite what he said originally.

It's also clear from what he's said here that he chose to raise the matter of the unexpired part of his subscription via a thread on the forum whereas the moderators have belaboured the point that the proper way to deal with it is using the 'Contact us' facility. Hence my comment here:
Quote from marlhamphoto
You've been here long enough to know that any genuine issues you might have will be resolved if raised in the proper way and that merely spouting off in the forum is unlikely to achieve anything other than a general perception of your own stupidity.

So, pray tell me, what is this elusive point that I'm missing?

CGW is off-line
06 July 2014 15:41
cgwebster
Photographer
cgwebster
Hampshire
Basingstoke

Quote from marlhamphoto

You missed this off the quote , changes the meaning slightly don't you think?

You saw the original thread, I said quite clearly there it was no big deal. Please don't make out something is an issue for me when it isn't. But if you've made up your mind it is, then hey ho.

EdT is off-line
06 July 2014 15:42
EdT
Photographer
EdT
Cambridgeshire

Quote from marlhamphoto

No point, you've obviously decided where you stand are totally closed to looking at the bigger picture.

16 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
chosin pinklilly SJH30
bogan browny7 dave_a Edphoto Fluffypup Hazy martinchristie paulj1980 photostevo redtail RenedeHaan sammylhel Steveh32