This thread is being watched by 1 person
Chosin is a moderatorPlatinum Member
05 July 2014 12:23
Chosin
Model
Chosin
Hampshire

Quote from cgwebster
Is there some paranoia in PS HQ ? Why delete complete threads ?

The thread in question was not deleted myself of WebModerator or ForumModerator.
It is still showing up to us as being in the [Management Action] section so we think one of them is dealing with an issue.

I am old enough to say I have done it, and still young enough to do it again! ;}

Anthonygh is off-line
06 July 2014 05:20
anthonyh
Photographer

Kent

Quote from Chosin
The thread in question was not deleted myself of WebModerator or ForumModerator.

It is still showing up to us as being in the [Management Action] section so we think one of them is dealing with an issue.

Same as then...removed from general viewing and comment then.....

louise pearce is off-linePlatinum Member
06 July 2014 06:21
silkythighslou
Model
silkythighslou
Staffordshire
Eccleshall

Out of sight out of mind !

Brian Selway is off-line
06 July 2014 10:18
BrianSelway
Photographer

Leicestershire
Leicester

'Dealing with an issue'? Do all threads vanish from the forums if there's an 'issue'? I thought a moderator either just put a message on the thread dealing with the problem, or locked the thread...I didn't realise they could vanish from the members, but still show up for the moderators...they must be very special people.

Chosin is a moderatorPlatinum Member
06 July 2014 10:40
Chosin
Model
Chosin
Hampshire

Quote from BrianSelway
I thought a moderator either just put a message on the thread dealing with the problem, or locked the thread...

Purestorm management not the moderators dealt with that specific thread
we understand it was related to a member cancelling their WorldPay subscription
moderators do not get any access whatsoever to members' online banking details

I am old enough to say I have done it, and still young enough to do it again! ;}

CGW is off-line
06 July 2014 10:49
cgwebster
Photographer
cgwebster
Hampshire
Basingstoke

Quote from Chosin
Purestorm management not the moderators dealt with that specific thread
we understand it was related to a member cancelling their WorldPay subscription
moderators do not get any access whatsoever to members' online banking details

I started that thread - very nice that management are dealing with an "issue" on my behalf - except I haven't heard anything or had the error corrected. As a reminder, it was stopping a World Pay future payment immediately downgraded the account, even though there was some time already paid for.

There was a another thread that joined the "disappeared" at the same time, I wonder what the issue was here?

Perhaps both were hidden because that was easier than actually dealing with the "issue" ?

Moderator Input
Moderator understanding is that you instructed WorldPay cancel your Upgrade before the end of its term.
(Moderators are not given any access to members' banking transactions but can see if a cancellation went through.)
Moderators understand that members are warned that a downgrade will be instantaneous.
Moderators cannot overturn members' online banking instructions to WorldPay - even their errors.
Moderators understand Management are trying to resolve the issue in question.

A Contact us link is provided at the foot of every site page to allow members to raise specific issues with Management

Brian Selway is off-line
06 July 2014 11:32
BrianSelway
Photographer

Leicestershire
Leicester

So...why does the thread need to vanish for management to deal with this issue? Can't they read it on the forum? I'm more confused than ever. And I'd really like to know how this issue gets resolved, as I'm more and more likely to cancel my membership.

Moderator Input
This early cancellation issue is not being dealt with by Moderators
If any member has a problem with a WorldPay cancellation they should use the
Contact us link
Moderators are merely Moderators and they get no access to members' banking details
nor can Moderators reverse a member's instruction to the bank to downgrade their account.
The logical time to downgrade is at the end of the term and not part way through.

CGW is off-line
06 July 2014 14:18
cgwebster
Photographer
cgwebster
Hampshire
Basingstoke

Quote from cgwebster
I started that thread - very nice that management are dealing with an "issue" on my behalf - except I haven't heard anything or had the error corrected. As a reminder, it was stopping a World Pay future payment immediately downgraded the account, even though there was some time already paid for.

There was a another thread that joined the "disappeared" at the same time, I wonder what the issue was here?

Perhaps both were hidden because that was easier than actually dealing with the "issue" ?

Moderator Input

Moderator understanding is that you instructed WorldPay cancel your Upgrade before the end of its term.

(Moderators are not given any access to members' banking transactions but can see if a cancellation went through.)

Moderators understand that members are warned that a downgrade will be instantaneous.

Moderators cannot overturn members' online banking instructions to WorldPay - even their errors.

Moderators understand Management are trying to resolve the issue in question.

A Contact us link is provided at the foot of every site page to allow members to raise specific issues with Management

At the risk of being a bit boring, I'm going be pedantic. My first thread expressed disappointment at the payment system, I didn't ask or expect anyone to do anything about it. It wasn't an "error", I wanted to downgrade.

This thread is about why my first thread got hidden, as well as another thread that had some (I thought) fairly positive debate. Honestly, if (some) members here take the time to write some well thought out posts and they just get deleted, then why is anyone going to bother in the future?

marlham is off-line
06 July 2014 14:27
marlhamphoto
Photographer
This member has been reset to pending
marlhamphoto
Kent
Canterbury

If cgwebster would like to let us know how much the unexpired portion of his subscription amounted to we can have a whip round and send it to him. It'll be more than worth it to put an end to all this negative drivel and point scoring on the forum.

CGW is off-line
06 July 2014 14:30
cgwebster
Photographer
cgwebster
Hampshire
Basingstoke

Quote from marlhamphoto
If cgwebster would like to let us know how much the unexpired portion of his subscription amounted to we can have a whip round and send it to him. It'll be more than worth it to put an end to all this negative drivel and point scoring on the forum.

You seem to have an inability to comprehend, at what point did I ever say I wanted that?

If you find it acceptable that threads get hidden for no apparent reason then fine, good for you.

14 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
celebrateeverymoment chosin pinklilly YolandeLee001
Blancho duncanjames john_at_tina_spice liteangle oro redtail RenedeHaan shadowtime74 steveh32
harbourstudio