This thread is being watched by 1 person
CGW is off-line
05 July 2014 03:30
cgwebster
Photographer
cgwebster
Hampshire
Basingstoke

I started a thread a few days ago expressing disappointment at the way the downgrade process works. The thread ran for a few days but now is gone.... No explanation, no email from admin, no nothing. Still owe me a months premium subscription BTW.

Also, there was another thread where some folk were making quite positive suggestions re. site development.
That's now gone too.

So what's going on? Is there some paranoia in PS HQ ? Why delete complete threads ?

Anthonygh is off-line
05 July 2014 05:35
anthonyh
Photographer

Kent

Noticed the one titled 49 members on line....or similar title...has gone!

marlham is off-line
05 July 2014 05:53
marlhamphoto
Photographer
This member has been reset to pending
marlhamphoto
Kent
Canterbury

Quote from cgwebster
I started a thread a few days ago expressing disappointment at the way the downgrade process works. The thread ran for a few days but now is gone.... No explanation, no email from admin, no nothing. Still owe me a months premium subscription BTW. Also, there was another thread where some folk were making quite positive suggestions re. site development. That's now gone too. So what's going on? Is there some paranoia in PS HQ ? Why delete complete threads ?

Probably just a bit of judicious tidying up in order to maintain a positive outlook for those who prefer not to have to endure the negativity.

Dominic Thurmer is off-linePlatinum Member
05 July 2014 06:10
dominicdgt
Photographer
dominicdgt
Kent
Gillingham

Quote from marlhamphoto
Probably just a bit of judicious tidying up in order to maintain a positive outlook for those who prefer not to have to endure the negativity.

I can imagine the major energy suppliers would love that level of negativity, users expressing concerns, adding creative ideas, looking at the bigger picture to analyse the impact of PS, models looking at it from their perspective, priceless. if we can't get the ostridge to stand up and take notice who can.

Salacious Art is off-line
05 July 2014 06:35
pentax5AC
Photographer

East Yorkshire
Bridlington

You are bang on the money!

Basically, if the thread is whimsical, boring and ball-breakingly banal, it will run forever.
But, if it is thought provoking, contentious or anything like cerebral, it will surreptitiously disappear after just four days!

We can't have thinking photographers...where on earth would that lead?

RKD Photographic is off-line
05 July 2014 07:02
arkady001
Photographer
arkady001
Germany
Iserlohn

Quote from marlhamphoto

Funny how constructive criticism is often regarded as negativity by those who are unwilling to face painful truths...
"When I hold a camera, I know no fear..." - Alfred Eisenstadt

Anthonygh is off-line
05 July 2014 07:42
anthonyh
Photographer

Kent

Quote from marlhamphoto

The dream of all political parties everywhere......

marlham is off-line
05 July 2014 07:57
marlhamphoto
Photographer
This member has been reset to pending
marlhamphoto
Kent
Canterbury

Quote from arkady001
Funny how constructive criticism is often regarded as negativity by those who are unwilling to face painful truths...

If it's the thread I'm thinking about (I've been away for a couple of weeks so apologies if it's another which I haven't seen) then all consructive feedback seemed to met by a response from Tim in the thread itself - I believe he even encouraged further feedback. Maybe site admin thought it contained some worthwhile suggestions but chose to hide it to avoid another site leeching off the ideas?

Brian Selway is off-line
05 July 2014 08:15
BrianSelway
Photographer

Leicestershire
Leicester

If anything, the thread about cancelled memberships should have been made into a sticky, and kept at the top of the forum, as a warning to members that they won't even get what they paid for if they cancel payment before it's due day. Looks like another amazing example of customer service on here.

RKD Photographic is off-line
05 July 2014 08:44
arkady001
Photographer
arkady001
Germany
Iserlohn

Quote from marlhamphoto
If it's the thread I'm thinking about (I've been away for a couple of weeks so apologies if it's another which I haven't seen) then all consructive feedback seemed to met by a response from Tim in the thread itself - I believe he even encouraged further feedback. Maybe site admin thought it contained some worthwhile suggestions but chose to hide it to avoid another site leeching off the ideas?

Both threads were started in the last 7 days iirc...
"When I hold a camera, I know no fear..." - Alfred Eisenstadt

1 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
eclipsephoto