Reminder Secure

Downloading images on Windows XP and Windows 8

GRAHAM HICKMAN is off-line
25 June 2014 04:43
IRONBLOKEMAN
Photographer

Shropshire
TELFORD

Problem here ,must be a simple way to resolve it. When I downloaded images on XP either portrait or landscape to Purestorm they always downloaded correctly . When I use Windows 8 horizontal images always download as landscape. What do I need to do to get them to download correctly. Is there a programme which can resolve this?

Steven Jardine is off-linePlatinum Member
25 June 2014 04:49
RedChecker
Photographer
RedChecker
Buckinghamshire
Stoke Mandeville

Is your Windows 8 machine using some sort of broadband dongle or something like that?

I'm thinking along the lines of it possibly using a proxy to connect to the internet which in turn is mucking about with the images upon transmission.
When you are dead, you do not know that you are dead. All of your pain is felt by others. The same thing happens when you are stupid.

Claypaws is off-lineGold Member
25 June 2014 07:31
Claypaws
Photographer

North Yorkshire

You need to use software to rotate the image based on exif data. Faststone and XnView are free programs that can do this. I'm not sure why you have different results with the two OSs but it is probably due to the software you use in each.

GRAHAM HICKMAN is off-line
25 June 2014 11:44
IRONBLOKEMAN
Photographer

Shropshire
TELFORD

Thanks for advice

5 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
basil cygnet Modtog1976 PDCPhotos Platidonio