front page images

Andy is off-line
23 June 2014 14:00
photostore
Photographer
photostore
Fife
fife based, but Scotland wide

So has the wee mouse on the wheel not been fed lately ?
Seems like i have been looking at the same images forever !
lets get shootin

Chosin is a moderatorPlatinum Member
23 June 2014 15:08
Chosin
Model
Chosin
Hampshire

If you press refresh when looking at front page images
you will see that they change quite often
yes some, have been there for a while
But sometimes when images appear on the front page, for some reason they do seem to appear there for sometime
Not quite sure why this is...
But they do change i can assure you smiley
I am old enough to say I have done it, and still young enough to do it again! ;}

RKD Photographic is off-line
02 July 2014 08:40
arkady001
Photographer
arkady001
Germany
Iserlohn

The problem with 'Front Page Images' here is that they're just the profile pix of the person(s) featured, not necessarily their best or most recent uploads... as discussed elsewhere today, this makes the PS Portal page very staid and uninteresting.

Unlike the 'other place' which is more dynamic as a result of there being three separate image sections (FPIs, Popular Images, Recent Images) which are updated constantly... even the FPI section there - the slowest - is updated hourly.
"When I hold a camera, I know no fear..." - Alfred Eisenstadt

Liteangle is off-lineSilver Member
02 July 2014 09:26
Liteangle
Photographer
Liteangle
Berkshire
Wokingham

Aklady, For what it's worth, when you click on a front page image it appears as if it is the main picture on that person's profile but it's not really. You can prove this by looking at other images in that person's profile then clicking on 'back to profile' top left. It then reverts to the normal main picture on that person's profile.

02 July 2014 09:31
arkady001
Photographer
arkady001
Germany
Iserlohn

Quote from Liteangle
Aklady, For what it's worth, when you click on a front page image it appears as if it is the main picture on that person's profile but it's not really. You can prove this by looking at other images in that person's profile then clicking on 'back to profile' top left. It then reverts to the normal main picture on that person's profile.

I've just tried three seperate times and each time it reverted to the first image - so no, sorry - it's a Profile Image, not a proper 'Front Page Image' gallery whch showcases the best images from all uploads...

02 July 2014 09:46
Liteangle
Photographer
Liteangle
Berkshire
Wokingham

Just to clarify, any image on a profile may appear in the front page gallery here, not just that person's main image.

02 July 2014 09:50
arkady001
Photographer
arkady001
Germany
Iserlohn

Quote from Liteangle
Just to clarify, any image on a profile may appear in the front page gallery here, not just that person's main image.

Just to clarify - three times and it defaulted back to the one before... :-)

*edit* on a fourth and fifth attempt it changed to a different image, but on two subsequent attempts the same image reloaded...

I think it's still not a true FPI as 'other sites' use the term...

02 July 2014 10:06
Liteangle
Photographer
Liteangle
Berkshire
Wokingham

I'm not commenting on what an FPI is, just how this site works. I suspect we are talking at cross purposes and anyway it's no big deal. Let's leave it.

Chosin is a moderatorPlatinum Member
02 July 2014 10:10
Chosin
Model
Chosin
Hampshire

Quote from arkady001
I think it's still not a true FPI as 'other sites' use the term...

we don't have Front Page Images we have a randomly refreshed rotating Home Page Gallery
some recent worksafe Premium Members' images go on our Home Page Gallery
other recent Premium Members images can be seen by clicking on
View More Images

I am old enough to say I have done it, and still young enough to do it again! ;}

02 July 2014 11:20
arkady001
Photographer
arkady001
Germany
Iserlohn

Quote from Chosin
we don't have Front Page Images we have a randomly refreshed rotating Home Page Gallery
some recent worksafe Premium Members' images go on our Home Page Gallery
other recent Premium Members images can be seen by clicking on
View More Images

FPI... HPG...same thing... it's still a little cumbersome compared to the way other sites manage their intro/home pages...
'Random refresh' means you're not necessarily showcasing the artists' best works, surely?

5 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
joann2
abouncer cygnet photofrank Steveh32