Reminder Secure

Back from having my baby... No interest ??

zoepinknose  is off-lineSilver Member
19 June 2014 11:30
zoepinknose
Model
zoepinknose
Spain
albox Almeria

So...
I had about a year off as I was pregnant and now my gorgeous son is 3 months old and I'm wanting to get back into the swing of things... However I've put out a few casting calls recently and haven't had any interest at all ??
Has paid work for models dried up, am I too old now ? Are photographers thinking my post preggo body won't be up to much ???
Never a dull moment

Cody is off-lineSilver Member
19 June 2014 11:50
Cody
Model
Cody
Oxfordshire
bicester

Perhaps do a tfp shoot and update your profile so photographers can see how you are looking now

Oliver Cook is off-line
19 June 2014 15:00
artistoli
Photographer
artistoli
Malta

Hey Zoe, don't take it to heart; things have got VERY quiet around here in the last year. Its a combination of several factors I think;

1. Much of the traffic has gone to other sites (the dark side that shall not be named)
2. Photographers, on the whole, are earning ever less money from images, so the budgets they have are lower (yes, I know, there will always be some lucky buggers who claim to be doing very well. But I'm talking about an undeniable general trend towards less money being in the photography game)
3. Every day that goes by brings more models to an already saturated market

So don't despair. Keep trying if you really want to get back into it. I'd totally book you, but I realised about six months ago that the photographic/visual industry as a whole has no monetary future, so now I just do it for fun - but that means I have even less to spend than I did before.

19 June 2014 15:08
zoepinknose
Model
zoepinknose
Spain
albox Almeria

Good idea... I'll do a TF shoot when I have time! Tricky doing something unpaid when I got a newborn tho!! X
Never a dull moment

19 June 2014 15:09
zoepinknose
Model
zoepinknose
Spain
albox Almeria

Cheers arty ...
Oh the other site... I hate that site!!
Never a dull moment

HowardJ is off-line
19 June 2014 17:58
HowardJ
Photographer
HowardJ
Surrey
West Midlands

Ssshh we're sleeping.

desyek is off-line
19 June 2014 18:15
desyek
Photographer
desyek
Mid Glamorgan

I think the only thing that would put me off is that the last updated image was posted in January of this year. Hard to tell what a model looks like from older photos
Mr. Jelly! Mr. Jelly! Error at Address Number 6, Treacle Mine Road. Melon melon melon +++ Divide By Cucumber Error. Please Reinstall Universe And Reboot +++ +++Whoops! Here comes the cheese! +++

Stibnite is off-line
20 June 2014 13:58
Stibnite
Photographer
Stibnite
Suffolk
Bury St Edmunds

Yes the site is quieter now but very few people are going to take a chance given the pregnancy. Doesn't need to be a tf shoot just get some doc shots done with a phone or compact. Having been burnt in the past I wouldnt take a models word for it on a post pregnancy figure.

You don't need eyes to see you need vision...........

18 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
Maryrose Sarad shadowsfire
ChrisD claypaws d1liteful Daz_S dby47 dorrian ev0 fotocreate grisey Joedunning7 markeos50d mauricesimagery MSQRD pc9 Photojames43