Reminder Secure

Batteries

Gary Newton is off-line
14 June 2014 16:24
oceanova
Photographer
oceanova
Essex

Anyone who has bought non original batteries for there Nikon and had any problems. I have just bought a EN-EL4a for my battery pack ready for Silverstone and forgot about hindsight as usual. I paid £25 for a battery and charger just as a back up, my original battery is a nikon but I'm 6 days away from home and sometimes finding a socket can be a nightmare..... bloody people hogging them with phone chargers. So have I put my camera at risk in anyway or are they a smart buy??

Dave Beasley is off-line
14 June 2014 16:34
eosfan
Photographer
eosfan
Surrey
Guildford

Can't speak from personal experience as I use Canon, but on a recent shoot with a couple of friends, one of them using a Nikon D800 started having unusual problems. He took battery out, took lens off put it all back and it worked again for about 5 minutes then started playing up again. He took the battery out again (3rd party battery) and put a Nikon original in and all was well for the rest of the shoot.

Who knows! I've always used Canon original batteries and never had a problem.

Dave

Gary Newton is off-line
14 June 2014 17:02
oceanova
Photographer
oceanova
Essex

I think it was the £25 for a back-up as opposed to £100 (Wex)that sold it for me and that included a charger as well

Hugh Spence is off-line
15 June 2014 01:36
StNeots
Photographer
StNeots
Bedfordshire
Potton

I've used Nikon originals and non- Nikon batteries and never had any trouble due to the batteries. The few times I've had bother (batteries registering empty when fully charged) were down to the camera as it would happen just as often with Nikon batteries as with 3rd party ones. I'm fairly certain it was a problem with the contacts. However, I've always used the genuine Nikon chargers and am not sure I'd trust others.

4EverYoung is off-line
15 June 2014 11:46
Midnite
Photographer
Midnite
Cambridgeshire
Peterborough

gotta say i have a mix of Canon and 3rd party batteries, i always use them in matched pairs and have never had an issue.
I have never failed But i have discovered thousands of approches which don't work.

Mike Blissett is off-line
16 June 2014 02:21
MikeBee
Photographer

Kent
Canterbury

No issues for me when using third party batteries, just buy from a company with positive reviews worth reading

24 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
AnnThompson Cody georgiaiaxo Lilly_69
bob22 borojohn david1500 dorrian edb ellessephotography Flanders Galaxypro jskazza karlsheen Lenz Mattcairns mlp read sniffer stevegosh steveh32 Thunder_Photos Vltavakrtek WellandPhoto