It's a rollover

HowardJ is off-line
10 June 2014 16:55
HowardJ
Photographer
HowardJ
Surrey
West Midlands

So it's a rollover on the euro millions and the jackpot is now £95 million.

I'm sitting here killing time until they announce I've won. Just thinking of how I'd spend it.

Obviously there's the huge house and fancy car, helicopter pilot training and a share of a helicopter, so that's £20 million gone. I'm struggling with how to spend the rest.

So my question to you is... How would you spend £95 million?

Kevin W is off-lineSilver Member
10 June 2014 17:40
carshaltonkev
Photographer
carshaltonkev
London
Carshalton / Surrey / Greater London

I'd invest the other £75 million in property development, so I could get even more stinking rich. Surely if you have that kind of money, it is a lot easier to accumulate even more?

I'd hire top advisors, so I did not pay a penny in tax!

I'd be the most generous photographer on Purestorm, loved by the models. I'd own a Leica S2 with all the lenses and have weight training so I could use it. I'd buy up a film studio for my model shoots!

Dream on!
As in life, so in a game of hazard, skill will make something of the worst of throws.

Steven Jardine is off-linePlatinum Member
11 June 2014 02:28
RedChecker
Photographer
RedChecker
Buckinghamshire
Stoke Mandeville

I'd buy luxury flats in several major European cities (say 3/4 of them at ~£5-10million each) and then simply live off the interest on what's left. According to Coutts' website you'll get ~2%, so even if you blew £45million on houses/cars etc. the other £50million will still net you £1million a year, that's more than enough to pretty much live a lifestyle I'd be happy with.

Or even just taking into account that I've probably got at best 40 years left on this Earth, that'll pay myself £2.3 million a year even without interest (and I'm fortunate not to have any kids, or anyone to depend on me). Unless you've got kids to pass it on to I don't think there's any sense in hoarding it, it may as well be spent.
When you are dead, you do not know that you are dead. All of your pain is felt by others. The same thing happens when you are stupid.

KevinJS is off-lineGold Member
11 June 2014 04:36
KevinJS
Photographer

London
London

Good Question Howard
For 95 Million

Houses X2 One to live in one to shoot from cost say 30 Million
Bank Account say 5 Million
Equities held in certificated form half for growth and half for dividends 26 out of 100 companies in the FTSE100 are paying 4%+

House for the shoots would have all the boys toys Miele built in Coffee Maker and appliances plus cinema, games room.
The jackpot is now 105 Million and that will do me nicely just working out my Casting add
I want to die in my sleep, like my grandather. Not screaming like his passengers

Steven Jardine is off-linePlatinum Member
11 June 2014 04:43
RedChecker
Photographer
RedChecker
Buckinghamshire
Stoke Mandeville

You may never have to refill a car ever again... simply buy a new one every time you run out of fuel and abandon it with the keys in a bit like what Bill Gates did when he earned his first $million
When you are dead, you do not know that you are dead. All of your pain is felt by others. The same thing happens when you are stupid.

PSN is off-line
11 June 2014 08:13
psn
Photographer

South Yorkshire
Doncaster

Buy a Premier League club...£95 million would buy Gareth Bale at £85 million and you have a cool £10 million left for the other 10 players...

11 June 2014 08:57
PaulManuell
Photographer

I'd buy me love. Oh, hang on....

11 June 2014 09:20
Celt
Photographer

I'd employ servants ! The wife is awfully tired. (Thankfully she never sees this site...)

Ellesse Photography is off-lineSilver Member
11 June 2014 11:44
EllessePhotography
Photographer
EllessePhotography
Edinburgh
Edinburgh

Nice House at Gleneagles (£2.5M)
Nice House in Barnes, London (£4M - love the wetlands there)
Nice Villa in the Seychelles (£5M+)

Then never stay in any of them as I'd be too busy jetting 1st class all over the world.

Dominic Thurmer is off-linePlatinum Member
11 June 2014 12:26
dominicdgt
Photographer
dominicdgt
Kent
Gillingham

No one buying Purestorm then?

27 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
chosin Lushlolly pinklilly RedXXX rob452 tanyacox Winterlilly
android_man antoinewynn cjg cygnet dannyrich digitizer djb1 eosfan frankpht GH46 ianscales mlknetwork philippahh pixelworx redbaron shadowtime74 Skystudio soulc steveh32 stuartnoo