Reminder Secure

What monitors are you using..

12 June 2014 05:18
paule
Photographer

3 regular Samsung.. OK & 2 are sRGB however they don't hold calibration longer than a few days...

ASUS PA248Q 24" IPS look very decent and I'd like one for my main monitor... next upgrade..

http://www.dabs.com/products/asus-pa248q-24--ips-monitor-8BQ6.html?refs=50626&q=Asus%20PA248Q&src=16

Steven Jardine is off-linePlatinum Member
12 June 2014 05:40
RedChecker
Photographer
RedChecker
Buckinghamshire
Stoke Mandeville

Quote from paule
 however they don't hold calibration longer than a few days

How thick are they?

All the best ones are noticeably thicker (say 1-1.5" compared to generic LCD screens.  It may simply be a case of the thicker ones have better air-circulation & cooling ability therefore more likely to be a more regular temperature (and thus retain calibration).

Also do you leave the monitors on for (say) half an hour before calibrating?  (as this allows the temperature of the components to settle and thus colour emission from the screen will have reached a constant level).
When you are dead, you do not know that you are dead. All of your pain is felt by others. The same thing happens when you are stupid.

Darkman is off-line
13 June 2014 14:08
epsmith
Photographer
epsmith
West Midlands
Wolverhampton

Hi, I am using a HP x2301 screen

Simon Chan is off-line
13 June 2014 15:12
Chandos
Photographer

Merseyside
Liverpool

I use a Dell UltraSharp UP2414Q UHD 4K

4EverYoung is off-line
15 June 2014 11:54
Midnite
Photographer
Midnite
Cambridgeshire
Peterborough

anyone know anything regarding iiyama monitors?
I have never failed But i have discovered thousands of approches which don't work.

Steven Jardine is off-linePlatinum Member
15 June 2014 14:49
RedChecker
Photographer
RedChecker
Buckinghamshire
Stoke Mandeville

Quote from Midnite
anyone know anything regarding iiyama monitors?

As far as I'm aware they're fine for home or general office use but as far as I know they don't do ones specifically taylored for photo work (wide gamut, high-bit gamma etc.).  Only certain monitors by Eizo, LaCie, NEC, HP and Dell are the obvious choice for photo work.

EDIT:  that said, the HP LP2475W wasn't a proper photo monitor yet still does a fine job as many will testify.
When you are dead, you do not know that you are dead. All of your pain is felt by others. The same thing happens when you are stupid.

Chris Middleton is off-line
16 June 2014 04:52
chrismid
Photographer
chrismid
Essex
Chelmsford

I ended up getting an Asus PA248QJ, I had Iiyama monitors before.

http://www.asus.com/Monitors_Projectors/PA248QJ/

Comes with a hood and a Sypder4Express.

18 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
louisakawaii miles Natalie120525 NatashaAston
bbphotos Blancho Djanimation gerryquiff kaosrox Ladiesman modelboutique nemesis Rhadamanthus Rscott360 Sanjay scottmcccxiv Sp_digital
photo39