What monitors are you using..

Chris Middleton is off-line
10 June 2014 05:39
chrismid
Photographer
chrismid
Essex
Chelmsford

I am looking at a new monitor not sure if gonna go for a single 27" or dual 24"s would like to get close to sRGB gamut as poss.

What looking at the AOC 2770 but read bad reviews about the stand..

Any other ideas?

Steven Jardine is off-linePlatinum Member
10 June 2014 05:56
RedChecker
Photographer
RedChecker
Buckinghamshire
Stoke Mandeville

I've got a HP-LP2475W (along with many other people on here) which was never intended by HP to be a 'photo' monitor but it does a bloody good job. Sadly I think it's been discontinued although the closest replacement for it looks interesting (their Z24x) as it has 10-bit colour (and claims 99% Adobe RGB) for which you'll need a suitable video card (typically nVidia Quadro or ATI FireGL) and you should be using displayport connections (as no other supports 10-bit).
When you are dead, you do not know that you are dead. All of your pain is felt by others. The same thing happens when you are stupid.

Profile Pictures is off-line
10 June 2014 08:55
profilepictures
Photographer
profilepictures
Suffolk
Bury St Edmunds

Some manky LG tv monitor thing I've had for ten years. It's calibrated often but I don't see too much benefit from anything else until this one goes 'phut' .

marlham is off-line
10 June 2014 09:11
marlhamphoto
Photographer
This member has been reset to pending
marlhamphoto
Kent
Canterbury

I got rid of my desktop workstation years ago - being tied to something that's not portable is so 1990s. All my photo work is done on my 6 year old laptop - as well as everything else computer related.

Rupert Rudd is off-line
10 June 2014 09:13
RupertRudd
Photographer
RupertRudd
East Yorkshire
Hull

I'm happy with my HP x2301. It has a low headroom and fits into my recessed work area under a wall cupboard. Colour tuned it on my Spyder and has remained rock steady ever since. It was recommended to me by someone on this site I think.
A little help is worth a lot of sympathy.

DJ200 is off-line
10 June 2014 09:57
DJ200
Photographer
DJ200
Hertfordshire

HP w2408h. Probably discontinued but still gives great results when calibrated. Also use a Samsung SyncMaster S278350 which also give exceptional results when calibrated..although it did take me a little time to figure out that whilst the Spyder2Pro did a good job, I still had to manually adjust the contrast abd luminance to get results that were in sync with my profiled printer. After that, no problem.

redbaron is off-lineSilver Member
10 June 2014 12:00
redbaron
Photographer
redbaron
Buckinghamshire
Stoke Mandeville

One of the monitors on the editing machine is a Sony bought from PC world. I thought that one was pretty good considering and comes up pretty damn close to sRGB when profiled with Spyder Pro 4

Just bought a Chillblast beast though, along with an additional 24" Asus VS247HR Widescreen LED Monitor. Far far superior. In terms of sRGB gamut again it is very similar but the colours are much purer on the screen (I have a twin screen setup with both side by side)

Photography and Studio hire www.immortaleye.co.uk

Dave Beasley is off-line
10 June 2014 12:54
eosfan
Photographer
eosfan
Surrey
Guildford

Eizo, only a 22" but came with an on site 5 year guarantee, although it hasn't given any trouble as yet (after about 4 years so far).

Hugh is off-lineGold Member
10 June 2014 13:08
Hugh
Photographer
Hugh
Dyfed
Aberystwyth

I use three 24" HP-LP2475W monitors in portrait (vertical) mode.
Gives me a 47" diagonal desktop, 1920x3600 pixels.
Can spread a foto across all three to work on with Canon DPP; Photoshop isn't so well behaved.

Two is easy to set up, and really worth-while, even if you just keep your old one.
Three needs a fancy video card like a NVIDIA GeForce GTX 670.

Quite a few on Ebay for under £200.

Still a really good monitor.
It's not Fine Art just because it's in Black and White.

CSD Images is off-line
11 June 2014 15:04
CSD_Images
Photographer
CSD_Images
Grampian
Aberdeen

I use the HP LP2475Ws myself, which mount on to a Ergotron Dual Side by Side stand:

http://www.ergotron.com/ProductsDetails/tabid/65/PRDID/354/language/en-GB/Default.aspx

I'm currently looking to replace them with the new Dreamcolour panels, just waiting for reviews first:

http://store.hp.com/UKStore/Merch/Product.aspx?id=E9Q82AT&opt=ABU&sel=BMT

Another popular 24" panel (and 27") for the budget conscious is the Dell Ultrasharp line. The current 24" panel is the Dell Ultrasharp U2413. The U designation means it's using IPS panels.

As for graphics, I prefer the AMD cards mainly to the fact it's multi-monitor handling is better than nVidia's especially with EyeFinity.
www.flickr.com/photos/csd_images | www.celticshadows.co.uk

4 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
AegeanSoft apogeeimages carshaltonkev gazza32