Reminder Secure

All Change

11 June 2014 19:20
paulbatterbury
Photographer

When I asked for suggestions and tips it was aimed at more artistic line off work.

I already have 10 year experience under my belt with published work and gaining a BA will open doors for me.

Many people do not understand what a BA or MA is about, you don’t sit on a degree course to learn how to take photos, so please everyone stop by saying you won’t learn anything. Degrees are about achievement and self motivated study and research, there are many careers in photography that REQUIRE you to have a BA or MA.

I already have a BSc so I am full aware of what goes into a degree having already gained one and the is why Hugh above has rightly said I should be able to access an MA.

So please people, lets us start to talk about the Art of photography.
Kind Regards Paul http://www.paul-batterbury.com

Steven Jardine is off-linePlatinum Member
12 June 2014 03:20
RedChecker
Photographer
RedChecker
Buckinghamshire
Stoke Mandeville

Quote from paulbatterbury
I already have 10 year experience under my belt with published work and gaining a BA will open doors for me

Really??
When you are dead, you do not know that you are dead. All of your pain is felt by others. The same thing happens when you are stupid.

Hugh is off-lineGold Member
12 June 2014 04:03
Hugh
Photographer
Hugh
Dyfed
Aberystwyth

Two recent BA photography grads I know - daughter's friends - it certainly hasn't helped them at all.

Minimum you need is an MA - probably from one of the top London schools.

Sorry to be pessimistic.
It's not Fine Art just because it's in Black and White.

TC66 is off-lineSilver Member
12 June 2014 04:19
tc66
Photographer
tc66
Kent

Just thought i'd add a good luck and look forward to seeing the different results you produce.

More than anything, have fun

TC

12 June 2014 04:40
paulbatterbury
Photographer

Quote from tc66
Just thought i'd add a good luck and look forward to seeing the different results you produce. More than anything, have fun TC

Thank you Mr Chance, I hope all is well in sunny Blighty with you and yes I am very much looking forward to doing different stuff, it will be a great experience.   

Kind Regards Paul http://www.paul-batterbury.com

27 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
Alexis92 AmberBray chosin Cody ElleLaura fizzy
bailey_p ChrisD Djanimation Dolayley dorrian dwhphotography forden_photo Gaudinio James7799 joolsy Kjoservices mareeoosh mikehemmings Moodie moritz78 orkadia oscar photomart rscott360 stevegosh steveh32