Reminder Secure

Horse for shoot

25 May 2014 07:50
photomagic
Photographer

Hi guys I am working on a project im very passionate about.
and I know its a long shot. but can anyone advise me on how to approach people who own horses, i would like to utilise in a shoot.
Im doing some themed shooting and need to include a horse. in the photo for effect.
ive asked at two local livery stables and all i got in reply was NO!! or NO!!!!!.
I dont know anyone personally who keeps horses and dont want the models involved to go off the boil so to speak. Any help guys?
I live in rotherham and can travel within reason not sure if the models will be as enthusiastic about travelling. cheers guys.

Kat is off-line
25 May 2014 08:08
Security_Kat
Model

Tyne and Wear
Ashington

Hey hunni,

what ideas do you have?

Kat x

marlham is off-line
25 May 2014 08:19
marlhamphoto
Photographer
This member has been reset to pending
marlhamphoto
Kent
Canterbury

Have you thought this through properly?

If you really want to shoot with horses then find a model who can provide a horse she owns or knows very well - there are plenty around. Then make sure you have adequate insurance cover!

Otherwise if something goes wrong, as well it might, be prepared to lose your home and any other assets you own.

The people at your local livery seem to understand the potential outcomes better than you!

25 May 2014 08:28
photomagic
Photographer

Quote from marlhamphoto
Have you thought this through properly? If you really want to shoot with horses then find a model who can provide a horse she owns or knows very well. Then make sure you have adequate insurance cover! Otherwise if something goes wrong, as well it might, be prepared to lose your home and any other assets you own. The people at your local livery seem to understand the potential outcomes better than you!

Hi Thanks for pointing that out to me. Im quite well versed with horses as i used to work at a racing stables for a famous owner when i was younger so know my way around horses.
just not been there for a long time mainly wanting a horse in some of the shots. but thank you smiley

marlham is off-line
25 May 2014 08:35
marlhamphoto
Photographer
This member has been reset to pending
marlhamphoto
Kent
Canterbury

Quote from photomagic
Hi Thanks for pointing that out to me. Im quite well versed with horses as i used to work at a racing stables for a famous owner when i was younger so know my way around horses.
just not been there for a long time mainly wanting a horse in some of the shots. but thank you smiley

It was actually the models' safety I was primarily concerned about cheeky
But good luck - I'm sure your extensive experience around horses will see you through it.

Suzy Monty is off-line
25 May 2014 08:51
SuzyMonty
Model
SuzyMonty
Cornwall
Truro Cornwall -enjoy travelling! -Published Internationally

Suggest you contact Becky Blissitt - lovely looking model and person, who has her own horses...

http://www.purestorm.com/profile.aspx?id=thewizard123

Elizabeth Arden quote - 'I'm not interested in age. People who tell their age are silly. You're as old as you feel' OR LOOK...

25 May 2014 09:06
photomagic
Photographer

Quote from marlhamphoto
It was actually the models' safety I was primarily concerned about cheeky
But good luck - I'm sure your extensive experience around horses will see you through it.

Again thank you for your helpful and thoughtful concerns they really are appreciated.
I will make sure all goes well for both model and horse. and hopefully be able to post the results on here.

Jesfish is off-line
25 May 2014 16:41
jes
Model
jes
Suffolk
Lowestoft

I'd be happy to help as my horses have done lots of shoots, but I think I'm too far for you.  Becky Blissett is closer, I think, and is a great model with lovely horses.

26 May 2014 02:41
photomagic
Photographer

Quote from jes
I'd be happy to help as my horses have done lots of shoots, but I think I'm too far for you.  Becky Blissett is closer, I think, and is a great model with lovely horses.

Thank you Jes for your kind offer. you may be a little too far away but your kindness cut that distance to nothing thank you.

26 May 2014 04:31
photomagic
Photographer

I still haven't found a local'ish model who owns a horse or could help out with finding one close enough to me. thanks to all who have tried to help so far. still looking guys.

3 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
pam69
dave@studio99 Scruff