age and beauty

Ian MACFADYEN is off-lineSilver Member
22 May 2014 15:51
Kiboko
Photographer
Kiboko
Surrey
GUILDFORD

Flaming heck, you felt old at 28??? You wait 'till you get up in the morning and have stiff ankles and have to steady yourself down the stairs using the hand-rail! That will come on sometime in your late 50's and get progressively worse.

Moi is off-line
22 May 2014 16:30
clearview_photography
Photographer
clearview_photography
County Durham
North East

I always feel discriminated against because of my age

Oh, and the fact I'm ugly

And a bloke !!!

Life's tough
The most dangerous creation of any society is the man who has nothing to lose." - James Baldwin

Jesfish is off-line
22 May 2014 19:06
jes
Model
jes
Suffolk
Lowestoft

I was a judge at a beauty pageant last year and there was no upper age limit. 

I think if someone is beautiful or attractive, then age has nothing to do with it.  I see older men and women who are good looking and young ones who are not, although I guess it's also down to personal taste/

Emma C is off-line
23 May 2014 03:25
Emma_Collins
Model
Emma_Collins
West Yorkshire
Cleckheaton

Quote from jes
I was a judge at a beauty pageant last year and there was no upper age limit. 

I think if someone is beautiful or attractive, then age has nothing to do with it.  I see older men and women who are good looking and young ones who are not, although I guess it's also down to personal taste/

I totally agree and most photographers think that the more mature lady as more about her too in my experience
xxx
Hope to work with you soon, Emma Collins

Emma C is off-line
23 May 2014 03:28
Emma_Collins
Model
Emma_Collins
West Yorkshire
Cleckheaton

Quote from Kiboko
Flaming heck, you felt old at 28??? You wait 'till you get up in the morning and have stiff ankles and have to steady yourself down the stairs using the hand-rail! That will come on sometime in your late 50's and get progressively worse.

Im 34 lol the realisation of been too old for the contest made me think god i am actually knocking on a bit lol x

Meg is off-line
23 May 2014 04:01
Sirensong
Model
Sirensong
South Glamorgan
Cardiff

My advice..and its sounds harsh..
Stop fretting so much,If you want to do the pageants find ones with the upper age limit suitable for you.
Stop worrying about what you are 'too old' for and concentrate on looking for what you are NOT 'too old' for.
I spent far far too much time in my life worrying about getting old, but for most of us, its a fact, we get older we are going to get old..
We dont fit into certain categories any more..so go out, find new ones, MAKE new ones..
I can remember turning 25 and then 30 feeling old, but also feeling that 43 was ancient..and here I am and for the majority of the time I dont feel old, I do admit to sometimes feeling old on sites like this, but in RL? not so much.

Enhanced in post production, but not working to a level of filmed with inserts :D

Suzy Monty is off-lineSilver Member
23 May 2014 07:02
SuzyMonty
Model
SuzyMonty
Cornwall
Truro Cornwall -enjoy travelling! -Published Internationally

Your Profile notes state you are 31...then you go on to say that you are 34...and photographer Ian MacFadyen (Kiboko) on here, seems to think you are 28? So I am a little confused.com?

I don't think being in your 30's is old at all...and there are still lots of beauty contests around that have no upper age limit...There is also a multitude of beauty competitions Online to enter.

BUT, whatever beauty contest a girl enters, they must tell the truth about their age, or else they could be disqualified...very embarrassing if they actually win, and then title is taken away...I can remember a case like  that hitting the local headlines, when a beauty contest winner pretended she was younger than infact she was...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1290209/Beauty-queen-Laura-Anness-stripped-Miss-Cornwall-crown-age-lies.html

Obviously, you did tell the truth over your age, which is why you couldn't enter the beauty competition you wanted to... and thus posted on the Forum for peeps views.

But it would seem the older you are, then the beauty contests tend to aim at the 'Mrs'  more than the 'Miss' Whatever title.

This young looking lady was crowned Mrs New Hampshire at the age of 49...

http://www.more.com/beauty-queens

There are a host of beauty contests for 'Mrs'... There's even a Mrs. World UK. The only criteria is, you must not have modelled in the nude...

http://mrsworld.com/?page_id=139

http://www.galaxypageantsuk.com/

I didn't enter my first beauty contest until I was 26 and only then, because a photographer suggested it would help my modelling career - I won and it did, as my picture went onto a cover of a magazine and I also went onto to enter beauty contests in my 30's (and married) and still win some, including Miss Cornwall Swimwear and also Miss Cornwall Bikini, even though I wasn't a 'Miss'  laughso have never seen a problem with the age and beauty factor.

Some girls look better in their late 20's and through their 30's than they ever did at a younger age...There's no need to get depressed, thinking you are too old, because you aren't...

I've also been a judge at beauty contests. Seems like, some Contestants seem to plaster on the makeup these days...

Good luck x

Elizabeth Arden quote - 'I'm not interested in age. People who tell their age are silly. You're as old as you feel' OR LOOK...

John Adrian Studios is off-line
24 May 2014 06:45
John_Adrian_Studios
Photographer
John_Adrian_Studios
Powys
Brecon

Age is not important these days - it's more about ability.
If you've got it, photographers want it.
Simples!
smiley

Emma C is off-line
24 May 2014 15:37
Emma_Collins
Model
Emma_Collins
West Yorkshire
Cleckheaton

To all, l i dont feel depressed or fretting about it just thought it was a good topic to discuss and get peoples views really, they did contact me i never applied for it so i guess thats a bonus if their initial thoughts were that i was good enough, i would never have gone for it alone with out someone asking me simply because i never thought i would be good enough. xx 

Emma C is off-line
24 May 2014 15:39
Emma_Collins
Model
Emma_Collins
West Yorkshire
Cleckheaton

Quote from Sirensong
My advice..and its sounds harsh.. Stop fretting so much,If you want to do the pageants find ones with the upper age limit suitable for you. Stop worrying about what you are 'too old' for and concentrate on looking for what you are NOT 'too old' for. I spent far far too much time in my life worrying about getting old, but for most of us, its a fact, we get older we are going to get old.. We dont fit into certain categories any more..so go out, find new ones, MAKE new ones.. I can remember turning 25 and then 30 feeling old, but also feeling that 43 was ancient..and here I am and for the majority of the time I dont feel old, I do admit to sometimes feeling old on sites like this, but in RL? not so much.

you cannot possibly be 43 in all this world you look terrific xxxx

22 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
AprilLee Lusciousabi29 stevepm
android_man antoinewynn bernadinism clarmike cliffc Dandelion david1500 dby47 glamorphotos keltica laurencejpower MAMAMIYA MIB pb_photography rdp siclews steveh32 tms westend_portfolios