age and beauty

Emma C is off-line
22 May 2014 12:13
Emma_Collins
Model
Emma_Collins
West Yorkshire
Cleckheaton

Is it just me or do others believe that putting an age on beauty is really wrong? I was put forward for a miss britain competition for my supposed beauty but then told sorry no can do, has they had an age cap of 28. Not their fault i know but seems a bit wrong to me,not to mention i actually felt old for first time ever lol x
Hope to work with you soon, Emma Collins

Profile Pictures is off-line
22 May 2014 13:21
profilepictures
Photographer
profilepictures
Suffolk
Bury St Edmunds

I wonder if the 'miss' titling lead them to put a cap at 28? It might be a dated way to categorise young women who haven't married yet? Pretty sure the average age for ladies marrying is now into the 30's so they might need to revise that!

David Heels is off-line
22 May 2014 13:28
Crippen
Photographer
Crippen
South Yorkshire
Sheffield

Perhaps there are different stages of beauty.

Brat, fresh faced, mature, lived-in, fading, old and wrinkly, completely past it, dead as a doornail, and finally manky corpse.

Unless you are born ugly to begin with, then most of us go through each stage. Nothing we can do about it, I'm afraid.

Dave (completely past it)

David Heels is off-line
22 May 2014 13:30
Crippen
Photographer
Crippen
South Yorkshire
Sheffield

Quote from profilepictures
Pretty sure the average age for ladies marrying is now into the 30's so they might need to revise that!

Do people still get married? How very quaint.

Dave

Neil Anderson is off-line
22 May 2014 13:56
stolenfaces
Photographer
stolenfaces
London
West London

Do people still do beauty contests ? How 1950's
Like any dealer he was watching for the card that is so high and wild he'll never need to deal another...

Emma C is off-line
22 May 2014 14:14
Emma_Collins
Model
Emma_Collins
West Yorkshire
Cleckheaton

But the point im making is they obviously thought me worthy in the first place so why should the fact im 34 make a difference ??? go figure x
yes they still do miss britain pageants etc i was actually quite excited and scared i hear they are very strict x
Hope to work with you soon, Emma Collins

22 May 2014 14:23
Photobomber
Photographer
This member has been suspended

I suppose its to give a level playing field and weed out people who stand no chance due to time.

Probably unfair on a few but then again youth does always win in the beauty stakes as a majority opinion.

This the multi billion £ beauty industry.

22 May 2014 14:23
Photobomber
Photographer
This member has been suspended

I suppose its to give a level playing field and weed out people who stand no chance due to time.

Probably unfair on a few but then again youth does always win in the beauty stakes as a majority opinion.

Neil Anderson is off-line
22 May 2014 14:55
stolenfaces
Photographer
stolenfaces
London
West London

Quote from Photobomber

How does it give a level playing field ?

Is it anything to do with the cosmetics industry (I assume that's what you mean by beauty industry) - don't they make most of their money from 'old' people?
Like any dealer he was watching for the card that is so high and wild he'll never need to deal another...

Meg is off-line
22 May 2014 15:34
Sirensong
Model
Sirensong
South Glamorgan
Cardiff

Some of them do have age limits, some dont.
If you really want to give one a go, find one that has a higher upper age limit and apply for that.
Enhanced in post production, but not working to a level of filmed with inserts :D

26 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
chosin Pinkerbell
diphoto djb1 duncanjames dwhphotography frankpht garylatham ImageStyle jackw James7799 Ladiesman liteangle metro mikebee orca_photography paul167 rscott360 RupertRudd siclews steveh32 stufreeman tonyk1 vapourtrail Willjamieson
photo39