21 May 2014 02:07
Cody
Model
Cody
Oxfordshire
bicester

'I can only afford x as I am building my portfolio'
I am convinced I will learn a lot from you
Aargh frustrating! why don't new photographers understand the basics?

21 May 2014 02:37
JohnB
Photographer

Perhaps they see you as approachable?
Lovely bump by the way!
John
Three nights ago I was at the disco Man I was doing the bump I was raring to go!!! Nikon & loving it!

David Hibberd is off-line
21 May 2014 03:43
davidhibberd
Photographer
davidhibberd
Highland

Quote from Cody
'I can only afford x as I am building my portfolio' I am convinced I will learn a lot from you Aargh frustrating! why don't new photographers understand the basics?

The hard fact is that their understanding of "the basics" is probably different from yours,

Here for a short time for a good time

21 May 2014 03:46
Socialdisaster
Photographer

Perhaps they simply don't think you are worth your rates?
Modesty is just arrogance in stealth mode

marlham is off-line
21 May 2014 04:37
marlhamphoto
Photographer
This member has been reset to pending
marlhamphoto
Kent
Canterbury

I expect most photographers seek to negotiate modelling rates. I guess though the issue is peoples' varying assessment of what constitutes negotiation and what is nothing more than taking the pee.

However if someone's claiming poverty, for whatever reason, that sounds more like an appeal for charity which kinda puts them firmly in the latter category

Cody is off-lineSilver Member
21 May 2014 05:04
Cody
Model
Cody
Oxfordshire
bicester

I often get the reply ' I can't afford much, as I am building up my portfolio' haha

OldMaster is off-line
21 May 2014 05:28
OldMaster
Photographer
OldMaster
Hertfordshire
Harpenden

I have worked with Cody, which I suspect sd hasn't, and can confirm she is a talented professional model who charges competitive rates. She is also charming, with an easy manner. Its certainly true that those with less experience would learn a lot by working witb her.

Actually sd, have you ever worked with anyone on this site because we never see you post any work....but that's the point isn't it....much easier to get attention just posting negative worthless opinions, as ever ...and including this one, based on no experience or fact?

Its obvious you get some pleasure from your endless worthless vitriolic diatribes...you might be able to get help you know?

Cody is off-lineSilver Member
21 May 2014 05:36
Cody
Model
Cody
Oxfordshire
bicester

Quote from marlhamphoto
I expect most photographers seek to negotiate modelling rates. I guess though the issue is peoples' varying assessment of what constitutes negotiation and what is nothing more than taking the pee.

However if someone's claiming poverty, for whatever reason, that sounds more like an appeal for charity which kinda puts them firmly in the latter category

I think this is the case
I see this said in casting calls before I have even got in touch with rates so it's not often a personal thing

21 May 2014 06:07
JohnB
Photographer

Some models I would look to negotiate with, some I wouldn't. I suspect Cody is one that I wouldn't because of her experience.
People will always try to reduce cost. It's a fact of life
John
Three nights ago I was at the disco Man I was doing the bump I was raring to go!!! Nikon & loving it!

21 May 2014 12:02
Photobomber
Photographer
This member has been suspended

I do t see the problem. If they cant afford a rate and seek to negotiate its the models choice to negotiate or not. Not everyone will think your worth the stated rate. Some will.

25 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
Alexis92 Lanny1987 lynnesel Michelledefeo1
andrewf bob Cheshunt83 dave2008 dhuntuk digitalmood eosfan gattskirito glamorphotos jefflynne Kjoservices Ladiesman MIB oscar powerbook92 Richard99 rscott360 Stoker tricky881 whitepython Yekim