Christopher Vian-Smith is off-lineSilver Member
20 May 2014 12:47
ChrisVS
Photographer
ChrisVS
London
London

Quote from RedChecker
Perhaps you aught to post a new thread asking what the Sea of Tranquility is now cheeky

Christ NO! He won't find the SoT thread funny at ALL.

www.chrisvs.com

Bill Haley is off-lineSilver Member
20 May 2014 13:41
pompeytog
Photographer
pompeytog
Hampshire
Portsmouth

Aaaaah, back to the old days then.
How hard can it be?

Profile Pictures is off-line
20 May 2014 14:55
profilepictures
Photographer
profilepictures
Suffolk
Bury St Edmunds

Classic stuff. Keyboard warrior and Richard cranium!

I feel I've helped you vent a little, this is good.

20 May 2014 17:00
PaulManuell
Photographer

Quote from marlhamphoto
For future reference there's an 'Ignore Member' link alongside your forum avatar - as there is for everyone else. It's much easier to just click on the link than to try to ignore posts by certain individuals. Next time you want to encourage people to ignore you just point them to the link instead.

Ok, so take your own advice and use the ignore function if I irk you.

20 May 2014 17:06
PaulManuell
Photographer

Quote from RedChecker
Perhaps you aught to post a new thread asking what the Sea of Tranquility is now

If I actually had any interest as to what the Sea of Tranquility is (other than the one on the Moon), I would indeed ask what it is, though not necessarily in a new thread as it's been raised in this one. As I have no interest in it, though, I won't.

marlham is off-line
20 May 2014 17:27
marlhamphoto
Photographer
This member has been reset to pending
marlhamphoto
Kent
Canterbury

Quote from PaulManuell
Ok, so take your own advice and use the ignore function if I irk you.

You know I read your profile notes earlier and in those you come across as a pretty sincere guy. You also pay a subscription which suggests to me that you feel the site gives you enough to want to put something back in to support it. But your forum persona is completely at odds with all that and you clearly have deep seated issues with others who use the forums. Whatever has caused those issues is not known to me - but nevertheless I feel the negativity which you radiate.

Hopefully you will one day come to terms with your issues but in the meantime I really don't want to continue to see your negativity here. So, as of now, you have pride of place in my ignore list. Have fun in there.

w4pictures is off-line
20 May 2014 18:08
w4pictures
Photographer
w4pictures
London
Chiswick

Quote from RedChecker
Perhaps you aught to post a new thread asking what the Sea of Tranquility is now cheeky

Well, that would introduce an element of gravity into this thread

gerryquiff is off-lineSilver Member
24 May 2014 01:34
gerryquiff
Photographer
gerryquiff
Lanarkshire
Bonnie Scotland

I was lucky enough to have been chosen to view the Marie Celeste thread, and I believe I posted in it.

Many are called, few are chosen smiley
CAT WANTED. Must be large enough to make Davy Crockett hat. (6 7/8) Prefer ginger

Bob is off-linePlatinum Member
24 May 2014 12:41
Bob
Photographer
Bob
Devon
Honiton

Quote from PaulManuell
Bob's first post was totally unhelpful and written with the smugness of being 'in the know' of what the Marie Celeste thing is all about.

Apologies for the slow response Paul, but I've been off in the sun shooting the exceptionally talented and very nice xxmrmthxx

I'm afraid I totally forgot that when you pose a question in the forums, such as "Anyone else see this and know what it was all about?" for example, you are probably not actually looking for an answer but merely posting to try to start an argument.

I had wrongly presumed that you would have heard of the tale of the Mary (aka Marie) Celeste and would have known she was a mysterious ship, hence me (i.e. one of the many members of our little community who is 'in the know' and is therefore able to answer the question accurately rather than speculatively) telling you that you need to be "very fast indeed to jump aboard". Jumping aboard, of course, is what one usually does when getting onto a ship at sea.

My stating "She is one of Purestorm's greatest enigmas and has been around almost since the beginning" is not smugness and is a simple fact as Marie has indeed been around here for a great many years and she is a bit of a puzzle - i.e. an enigma.

Likewise, me telling you that "If you are lurking or skulking in the shadows you won't be able to catch her as she will have cast off before you log in" was an explanation as to why "frustratingly it had indeed disappeared". If in future you log into your account straight away instead of being "tuned into the site ... without logging in" there really is much more chance of you being able to contribute to the Marie Celeste section. Honest.

Next time you pose a question I must remember not to answer it to allow somebody who is not 'in the know' to hypothesise.

Bob

24 May 2014 14:27
PaulManuell
Photographer

Quote from Bob
I'm afraid I totally forgot that when you pose a question in the forums, such as "Anyone else see this and know what it was all about?" for example, you are probably not actually looking for an answer but merely posting to try to start an argument

How presumptuous of you, and you're totally wrong. I started the thread because I DID want to know what it was. Telling me it's a Purestorm enigma told be nothing. I just wanted to know what it was, what sort of posts or topics were in it, ie., is it just another general forum that you have to be quick to post in or something else entirely? I obviously know what the Marie Celeste ship was, just not the Purestorm forum heading. If you want to carry on contributing to and restarting a thread that's already sailed its course, then fill your boots. My reply to your first post still stands though, ie., it did nothing to tell me what the Marie Celeste forum heading actually was/is. Oh, and as for quoting my 'tuning in' line; I'm not very internet savvy, not even having a computer, only mobile internet, so don't know the correct term for going into/onto a site without actually signing in. Feel free to educate me.

34 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
Astramore chosin fashion29 Jessicaliu1993 lynnesel missminiskirt pinklilly RedXXX Winterlilly
63jian antoinewynn cgwebster cliffc couchestudio dorrian dougharding edwards Essexjohn flair_photography gshocker30 Impulse_Images Kjoservices mamamiya MIB modelboutique philippahh photomart rscott360 Scottda Snooper911 steeee212 steveh32 westend_portfolios
barlowstudios