Reminder Secure

"Marie Celeste" heading.

19 May 2014 19:11
PaulManuell
Photographer

I tuned into the site just now without logging in, and when I clicked on Forum a new topic appeared at the top of the page, titled Marie Celeste. Below it it said something along the lines of 'Thank goodness you've found me. Post in me before I disappear.' Curiosity getting the better of me, I logged into the site so I could see what it was all about, but frustratingly it had indeed disappeared. Anyone else see this and know what it was all about? And no, I've not been drinking or sniffing anything.

Bob is off-linePlatinum Member
19 May 2014 19:30
Bob
Photographer
Bob
Devon
Honiton

You have to be very fast indeed to jump aboard. She is one of Purestorm's greatest enigmas and has been around almost since the beginning. If you are lurking or skulking in the shadows you won't be able to catch her as she will have cast off before you log in.
Bob

PS Only the legendary Sea of Tranquility thread has more mystique.

19 May 2014 19:57
PaulManuell
Photographer

Right, now that's the obligatory urine extracting post out the way, maybe someone will post a sensible reply.

19 May 2014 20:30
Webbo2
Photographer

Quote from PaulManuell
Right, now that's the obligatory urine extracting post out the way, maybe someone will post a sensible reply.

Bob was actually for real....it's a mysterious forum thread that comes and goes very quickly and has been around since the early days of PS....I don't want to reiterate what Bob has already said too much by mentioning the equally mysetious Sea of Tranquility thread, so I'll just leave it there.
EYUP!

19 May 2014 21:05
PaulManuell
Photographer

Quote from Webbo2
Bob was actually for real....

Ok, but the way he worded it came across as smugness from someone who knows what this so called mysterious thread is, patronising someone who doesn't. But anyway, I s'pose I'll just have to be quicker next time it appears.

Amber West is off-line
20 May 2014 02:06
Amber6
Model
Amber6
Dumfries and Galloway

No, it is the truth. Been around for donkey's years. Always liked it! little bit of fun

Profile Pictures is off-line
20 May 2014 02:50
profilepictures
Photographer
profilepictures
Suffolk
Bury St Edmunds

Quote from PaulManuell

Yes, it's actually a real ship, and haunted too, you're obviously very special and have been chosen by the gods of the Internet. All hail you.

PS- what Bob said is true here. I realise you're happier having a row though, so fill your boots.

marlham is off-line
20 May 2014 03:18
marlhamphoto
Photographer
This member has been reset to pending
marlhamphoto
Kent
Canterbury

Quote from Bob
PS Only the legendary Sea of Tranquility thread has more mystique.

An all-time classic - forum entertainment at its absolute best. Shame the thread disappeared with the new (at the time) casting system.
Anyone know what happened to Squodge? I know he'd visited the Marie-Celeste a few times - maybe he's still there...
I hear his sparring partner Taikan popped up briefly on purr-pal ony to have his head knocked clean off.

Steven Jardine is off-linePlatinum Member
20 May 2014 03:22
RedChecker
Photographer
RedChecker
Buckinghamshire
Stoke Mandeville

Quote from marlhamphoto
An all-time classic - forum entertainment at its absolute best. Shame the thread disappeared with the new (at the time) casting system.
Anyone know what happened to Squodge? I know he'd visited the Marie-Celeste a few times - maybe he's still there...
I hear his sparring partner Taikan popped up briefly on purr-pal ony to have his head knocked clean off.

I seem to remember his PC blowing up and losing all of his images along with it (he didn't backup properly IIRC) and seemed to disappear after that, perhaps giving up hope after losing 4/5 years worth of work.
When you are dead, you do not know that you are dead. All of your pain is felt by others. The same thing happens when you are stupid.

Bob is off-linePlatinum Member
20 May 2014 03:59
Bob
Photographer
Bob
Devon
Honiton

Quote from marlhamphoto
Anyone know what happened to Squodge?

Last time I heard from His Royal Squodgeness he was all lurved-up and domestic bliss had taken over from photography, which was a pity as you could have great pub or coffee shop discussions with him on eclectic topics.

Quote from PaulManuell
but the way he worded it came across as smugness from someone who knows what this so called mysterious thread is, patronising someone who doesn't.

That t'internet for you. It's very easy to appear to be patronising somebody who has a burning desire to believe they are being patronised.

Bob

38 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
abbie_walters Batch bex_24 kinkykaycee Krystald md2017 missminiskirt Teela
android_man angelicmodels antoinewynn cliffc colinpierce Daddylonglense daveyboy12 diphoto Don_Dark donaldmac Forest glamorphotos Hioctane James7799 jeffers JohnDentonPhoto Jse_photography LGI malcie mghphoto mrdl rscott360 sinimiphotography siwalters steevrosewood stevegosh steveh32 supaglam Thunder_Photos viewphotographic