Reminder Secure

5D MK iii

This thread is being watched by 1 person
18 May 2014 09:50
Catuaba
Photographer

Just testing the waters here to see offers.

I have a 5d mkiii body only. Comes with original box etc. Only done one shoot on my port and a handful if that of family/friends photos. Don't know the exact shutters but I think you'd be very pushed to find one with as few as this.

Camera is absolutely mint and kept in a bag since purchase from WEX Photographic. There is a tiny tiny superficial scratch/mark on the top view screen (right hand side top of camera shows iso and settings etc) This mark you will struggle to even find or see, it doesn't effect anything at all whatsoever and I think it was caused by something in the bag (end of usb wire or something) Rubbing on a long walk. It's of no significance whatsoever, however because I am a stickler for perfection I have purchased a new top screen which is ready to go on if you want to put it on, the old one just suckers off. Haven't done it yet as to be honest this mark is not even noticeable.

I would like either a swap for a grand and a 5dmkii with a 24-105 or a very decent mkii on it's own or as close to 2k cash as possible on its own, etc etc. So send me your offers if your interested.

Wont accept any other sort of camera other that mkii.

Wont do deal until we have both visually tested and inspected each others items and happy.

Based in Blackpool. Free weekends and evenings.

Profile Pictures is off-line
18 May 2014 14:16
profilepictures
Photographer
profilepictures
Suffolk
Bury St Edmunds

There's an 'open box' 5dmk3 in wex right now with a 12 month wex warranty for £2150 just to add a sprinkle of reality to the thread. They've a 5d2 for £890 too.

18 May 2014 16:08
Catuaba
Photographer

Works out perfect for this shutter count then.

David Heels is off-line
18 May 2014 16:39
Crippen
Photographer
Crippen
South Yorkshire
Sheffield

Can I ask why you want to downgrade to the Mkii?

What is it that you don't you like about the Mkiii?

Just curious.
Dave

18 May 2014 17:15
Catuaba
Photographer

The mkiii is a stunning camera, the best I have ever laid hands on and I couldn't fault it at all. However I wish to get into video a bit and drop some cash on a video camera, but cant be without a decent dslr, so the mkii and some money towards the camcorder seems a sensible option. However as prices don't stay how they should for long, like cars, I probably wont get a sensible enough offer to do so.

Matthew G is online
18 May 2014 18:10
MG
Photographer
MG
Warwickshire

I'd honestly advertise it on ebay as 'new other'. I bought a brand new import for £1850 recently but the UK 'new other' should fetch around the 2k mark i'd expect. Also put the auction open to EU too to get more bidders. I just got £600 for a 7d on there that was several months old but as new condition.

23 May 2014 17:31
Catuaba
Photographer

£1750 cash on collection. Any inspection welcome.

Simon Chan is off-line
24 May 2014 00:10
Chandos
Photographer

Merseyside
Liverpool

If you are into video camera, would you be interested in swapping your 5DMkIII for a 5DMkII plus a hacked Lumix GH2 with a 14-140 Lumix lens and Canon EOS to M43 adapter? I may even include a Samyang 35mm f1.4 and a good variable ND filter.

24 May 2014 10:18
Catuaba
Photographer

Appreciate the offer but I have my eyes on some specific Video Gear. Seems to be a little more interest in the camera now the price is a little lower. It's a shame things depreciate so fast because the camera really is mint and what I would consider the best I've used. It's just the video side has been so good it's really opened my eyes to going down that route a little more.

David Heels is off-line
25 May 2014 14:50
Crippen
Photographer
Crippen
South Yorkshire
Sheffield

Hi Catuaba,

Why don't you shoot video on the Mkiii? It's better quality than any domestic camcorda you'll find out there. And of course you can change lenses on the DSLR.

Unless you're moving up to something serious like one of the Red's or an Arri, I don't understand why you'd let the Mkiii go.

It's obviously none of my business, I know, but I can't help being curious.

Dave

38 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
danixhale Keiralavelle Natalie120525 ryansd
a24udi andygstudios antoinewynn bbphotos bengie Blancho Cg123 Davidhepworth DJ200 djb1 domnumberone Flanders Fstop gwentman ignite James7799 jccj1 jefflynne JohnDentonPhoto metroman mg MIB modelboutique Philski psn riddell scottmcccxiv sniffer Spiritofwales swalsh58 teddybear thelook TonyNutley vjmatt