Things to like about Pure Storm

JSP is off-linePlatinum Member
19 May 2014 02:13
Ladiesman
Photographer
Ladiesman
Leicestershire
Leicestershire

I forgot to mention the fact that you can leave notes on members profile which only you can see. It's a really handy thing to be able to do as it stops you from contacting the same person again and again.
I’m sorry about the white jacket with ties at the back. My doctor says I’ve made excellent progress and I will be released from Broadmoor on Tuesday; fancy a shoot on Wednesday!?

Bob is off-linePlatinum Member
19 May 2014 18:34
Bob
Photographer
Bob
Devon
Honiton

Something else about this site to like (in the non-TwitFace 'liking' sense) it this ~  "Marie Celeste" heading.
Bobcheeky

OldMaster is off-line
20 May 2014 04:05
OldMaster
Photographer
OldMaster
Hertfordshire
Harpenden

....."Absolutely. No offence to anyone but if one more fat / ugly / hideous / talentless model / photographer starts a thread begging people to validate them, I'll implode. Oh wait, I won't, I'm banned for being honest and not having a brown nose"...!!!

No! Probably banned (if you are banned) for being obnoxious and opinionated?

I was never quite sure which..but some complex you have seems to make you believe your opinions are 1) more valid than others and 2) that based on the standards set by your own work, your subjective opinions of others are relevant?

By the way, this was a post about "what we like"...not an opportunity for you to pitch in with you sour sarcastic unrequested and probably unwanted negativity?

The fact is many on here enjoy their photography (something perhaps you fail to achieve?). Its not all about "art" or even "relevance", it's about obtaining some pleasure through process and stepping onto a learning curve. Any criticism of the results by self appointed critics is subjectivist and irrelevant.

Positive reinforcement is far more useful to all of us who continue to learn and enjoy the process..I learnt that when I taught at college for 7 years..negative damning criticism for no other purpose but to draw attention to oneself is pretty futile and empty?

But like I said, even the "knock about" forums have their place!

Neil Anderson is off-line
20 May 2014 04:44
stolenfaces
Photographer
stolenfaces
London
West London

Quote from OldMaster
....."Absolutely. No offence to anyone but if one more fat / ugly / hideous / talentless model / photographer starts a thread begging people to validate them, I'll implode. Oh wait, I won't, I'm banned for being honest and not having a brown nose"...!!!

No! Probably banned (if you are banned) for being obnoxious and opinionated?

I was never quite sure which..but some complex you have seems to make you believe your opinions are 1) more valid than others and 2) that based on the standards set by your own work, your subjective opinions of others are relevant?

By the way, this was a post about "what we like"...not an opportunity for you to pitch in with you sour sarcastic unrequested and probably unwanted negativity?

The fact is many on here enjoy their photography (something perhaps you fail to achieve?). Its not all about "art" or even "relevance", it's about obtaining some pleasure through process and stepping onto a learning curve. Any criticism of the results by self appointed critics is subjectivist and irrelevant.

Positive reinforcement is far more useful to all of us who continue to learn and enjoy the process..I learnt that when I taught at college for 7 years..negative damning criticism for no other purpose but to draw attention to oneself is pretty futile and empty?

But like I said, even the "knock about" forums have their place!

I think he was trying to be positive about Purestorm... he is comparing it to another site where the sycophants seem to have gone (and presumably where he is banned).

Some people (most of whom seem to have found a more comfortable place elsewhere) seem to think that posting 'luvly' in response to a review request for a mediocre photo/portfolio is somehow positive and any realistic opinion is negative. My view would be that false praise is the most negative response possible as it offers no incentive to address weaknesses.
Like any dealer he was watching for the card that is so high and wild he'll never need to deal another...

Steven Jardine is off-linePlatinum Member
20 May 2014 05:01
RedChecker
Photographer
RedChecker
Buckinghamshire
Stoke Mandeville

Quote from stolenfaces
I think he was trying to be positive about Purestorm... he is comparing it to another site where the sycophants seem to have gone (and presumably where he is banned). Some people (most of whom seem to have found a more comfortable place elsewhere) seem to think that posting 'luvly' in response to a review request for a mediocre photo/portfolio is somehow positive and any realistic opinion is negative. My view would be that false praise is the most negative response possible as it offers no incentive to address weaknesses.

+1 cheeky
When you are dead, you do not know that you are dead. All of your pain is felt by others. The same thing happens when you are stupid.

marlham is off-line
20 May 2014 05:23
marlhamphoto
Photographer
This member has been reset to pending
marlhamphoto
Kent
Canterbury

Quote from stolenfaces
.... seem to think that posting 'luvly' in response to a review request for a mediocre photo/portfolio is somehow positive and any realistic opinion is negative. My view would be that false praise is the most negative response possible as it offers no incentive to address weaknesses.

Do they still have a portfolio review forum? I thought it had been replaced with something where only positive comments were allowed. Which would probably precipitate the kind of commentary you're referring to.

Neil Anderson is off-line
20 May 2014 05:47
stolenfaces
Photographer
stolenfaces
London
West London

Quote from marlhamphoto
Do they still have a portfolio review forum? I thought it had been replaced with something where only positive comments were allowed. Which would probably precipitate the kind of commentary you're referring to.

I don't know, I was referring to how things used to be when those people hung out here.
Like any dealer he was watching for the card that is so high and wild he'll never need to deal another...

Pentti Pohjonen is off-lineSilver Member
20 May 2014 11:36
PHP_Photography
Photographer
PHP_Photography
Finland
VAASA

Quote from OldMaster
The fact is many on here enjoy their photography. Its not all about "art" or even "relevance", it's about obtaining some pleasure through process and stepping onto a learning curve. Any criticism of the results by self appointed critics is subjectivist and irrelevant.

Unfortunately this is often forgotten.

Jenny Wren is off-line
20 May 2014 13:41
JennyWren
Model
JennyWren
Dorset
Shaftesbury

I can make my profile page a pretty colour.
Shoes give me endorphins, endorphins make me happy, happy models don't stab photographers!

JSP is off-linePlatinum Member
22 May 2014 07:49
Ladiesman
Photographer
Ladiesman
Leicestershire
Leicestershire

Quote from JennyWren
I can make my profile page a pretty colour.

Yes there is another one I had forgotten about because we take it for granted.

It seems that almost every thread I read seems to be bashing Pure Storm. My thread is merely to help redress the balance.

It's just so easy to criticise an image hosting website like this without taking into account the enormous task of keeping it running smoothly. 

It's good to see that so many members took the time to write positive things about Pure Storm. I'm pretty sure there's still 1 or 2 things that we have still yet to mention.frown
I’m sorry about the white jacket with ties at the back. My doctor says I’ve made excellent progress and I will be released from Broadmoor on Tuesday; fancy a shoot on Wednesday!?

3 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
Hazy Robinsky supernova