Eurovision 2014

Phil Moto is off-lineSilver Member
11 May 2014 13:40
xtiggerx
Photographer
xtiggerx
South Yorkshire
Doncaster

...."Or option 3, you're not all that bright really?"......Well that will teach me not to send in a "tongue in cheek" slightly sarcastic post......and I cant see where my option 1 & 2 are.....

Henry is off-lineSilver Member
12 May 2014 05:51
Henry_Artist
Photographer
Henry_Artist
Lancashire
Blackpool

Netherlands had the best song.

Italy had the best performance.

The UK entry was good but the singer had a weak voice. Eurovision is still a singing competition and all sung parts of a performance (including backing) must be sung live. Compare Molly Smitten-Downes' performance with that of Emma Morrone -
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bu9rndwc_3E
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nloomyEXfUA

I think all the booing every time Russia got mentioned was a bit hard on the 17 year-old Tolmachevy twins. But they have already had success having won Junior Eurovision 2006.

Other random thoughts... How the hell did Iceland manage to get ZZ Top as their backing singers? France coming LAST?!? WTF?
I may as well do it. I'm gonna get blamed for it anyway.

WESTEND PORTFOLIOS is off-linePlatinum Member
12 May 2014 06:46
WESTEND_PORTFOLIOS
Photographer
WESTEND_PORTFOLIOS
Glasgow
GLASGOW

it is a freak show as it show by who was the winner.. a male (tom ) dressed as a female with a beard.. a drag queen..

maybe next year united kingdom should enter LILLY SAVAGE .. lol

12 May 2014 07:36
Socialdisaster
Photographer

I stand by my view on FB:

And so the freak vote wins purely because we live in age where people are genuinely scared of what others will think of them if they don't vote that way. If that song had been sung by some random man or woman, it would have got nowhere.

I personally liked Iceland. Eurovision needs more bonkers borderline psychobilly.
Modesty is just arrogance in stealth mode

Paul is off-lineSilver Member
12 May 2014 10:43
DorsetHammer
Photographer
DorsetHammer
Dorset
Christchurch

Quote from Henry_Artist
Netherlands had the best song.

I agree, actually said that musically it was too good for Eurovision, reminded me of The Handsome Family but without the darkness.

Felt sorry for France as moustaches are the in thing in fashion at the moment.

It was broken when I got here

12 May 2014 12:30
Socialdisaster
Photographer

Quote from DorsetHammer
I agree, actually said that musically it was too good for Eurovision, reminded me of The Handsome Family but without the darkness.

I thought it was catchy but the fact that virtually every note of it was ripped right out of Every Breath You Take is a bit of a negative.

Phil Moto is off-lineSilver Member
13 May 2014 17:20
xtiggerx
Photographer
xtiggerx
South Yorkshire
Doncaster

As this IS my forum thread i feel i can comment about this......"profilepictures"...photographer has posted a request for information about "art" sigma lenses..one replier answered in a similar way he replied to my observations about the eurovision contest..his reply was total anger towards this replier..my view IS..if ya CANT TAKE IT...DONT GIVE IT!!!!....yes you have amazing images on your portfolio but your a tosser in forums....

Paul is off-lineSilver Member
14 May 2014 02:23
DorsetHammer
Photographer
DorsetHammer
Dorset
Christchurch

Quote from Socialdisaster
I thought it was catchy but the fact that virtually every note of it was ripped right out of Every Breath You Take is a bit of a negative.

Although using the same chord sequence as 'Stand By Me' didn't hurt Sting did it. cheeky

It was broken when I got here

14 May 2014 03:03
Socialdisaster
Photographer

Quote from DorsetHammer
Although using the same chord sequence as 'Stand By Me' didn't hurt Sting did it.

at least he sped it up a bit and played around.

Marta Marta is off-line
20 May 2014 18:07
MartaBrixton
Model
MartaBrixton
London
london

Quote from xtiggerx
Without getting too politically incorrect...i think its shocking that the amount of polish workers in this country that ship there wages home rather than spend in our country and then fail to give "us"-molly any points in the eurovision contest and then finish higher than us purely cause they show girls with deep cleavages being sexually provocative.....or am i mis reading the whole euro vision experience....

It's not being politically incorrect. It's just being IGNORANT.
Did you even bother to do ANY research at all or you just follow them people who moan how terrible polish MartaBrixton is a naughty person s STEAL their jobs and how do they use your country?
Actually, Polish people live and work in UK, they pay taxes, they spend money here and many of us plans our future here. Also, we come here to work (or study). The amount of money we pay in taxes is higher than the amount we receive from benefits (unlikely British people who receive more money from benefits than they actually pay in taxes). Don't even get me started...
Plus you complaining about cleavage- really? Look at your portfolio first and think twice. And who even cares about this competition?

1 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
eclipsephoto