Jaye  is off-line
31 May 2014 17:30
jessicard
Model
This member has been reset to pending
jessicard
Vale of Glamorgan
Cardiff

I recently moved out and my agency I rented from kicked off because the cleaners I'd paid an arm & a leg for hadnt cleaned inside the washing machine too (been in that flat for ten months). Have lived alone in different rented properties for 5 years and can honestly say I've never cleaned inside my washing machine - never even crossed my mind!
http://jayerose.tumblr.com/

marlham is off-line
31 May 2014 17:35
marlhamphoto
Photographer
marlhamphoto
Kent
Canterbury

Surely the insides are self-cleaning. Mine must be 12 years old and I've never cleaned the inside. I don't dare look now!

Amber West is off-line
01 June 2014 02:37
Amber6
Model
Amber6
Dumfries and Galloway

Quote from marlhamphoto
Surely the insides are self-cleaning. Mine must be 12 years old and I've never cleaned the inside. I don't dare look now!

Yeah, hmmm, I think so too!  Crikey.

I do think renting from private landlords can be a bit easier than agencies (although of course that provides a whole set of new problems!).  My worst renting experience was when I first moved to London and rented through an agency and they were bloody rip-off merchants.  

Paul Hodson is off-line
01 June 2014 08:48
mph
Photographer
mph
Cheshire
Crewe

Quote from marlhamphoto

You would think that about dishwashers too - but

Amateur - happy to do TF with models with potential and enthusiasm. Website: www.mphodson.co.uk

marlham is off-line
03 June 2014 15:28
marlhamphoto
Photographer
marlhamphoto
Kent
Canterbury

Quote from Amber6
Yeah, hmmm, I think so too!  Crikey.

It wasn't all that bad!

With a bit of ferreting about on the internet I discovered there's a filter which needs cleaning periodically. Considering I didn't even know it was there and the machine is around 12 years old I don't think it was too bad:

Mind you it did pong a bit!

marlham is off-line
03 June 2014 15:30
marlhamphoto
Photographer
marlhamphoto
Kent
Canterbury

Quote from mph
You would think that about dishwashers too - but

I'll tackle that later in the week!

HowardJ is off-line
03 June 2014 15:37
HowardJ
Photographer
HowardJ
Surrey
West Midlands

Filter is easy to clean on most machines but not on some Hotpoints where they've designed them with the filter under the machine and thus not accessible by most users. The filter is usually behind the kick plate at the bottom of the front of the machine.

You can buy washing machine cleaner on a Amazon which removes the built up residual detergent and limescale from the internals of the machine. It's worth doing if you've made the schoolboy/girl error of keeping the door closed when it's not in use.

32 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
bonni_cuffs FernandaRevelo pinklilly skyglanceyx
63jian ad360photo Andyk bbphotos BOBREEVES carpe_diem Daveinsurrey Djanimation djb1 domnumberone ellessephotography flawless_photo giwanski GlasgowPhotographer gordon grahamh gwentman ignite JasonSmithPhoto JOOPninja Jskazza mlp nickdandalos philippahh rcimages redbaron sniffer stevegosh