13 May 2014 11:39
stolenfaces
Photographer
stolenfaces
London
West London

Quote from CliveLawrence
People with mortgages are also renting

If I buy a car with a bank loan, is that the same as renting a car.
Obviously not.

A normal mortgage arrangement may involve assigning some rights to the mortgage company, but if you buy a house with a mortgage it is not the same as renting... people paying mortgages are not (normally) renting.
Like any dealer he was watching for the card that is so high and wild he'll never need to deal another...

Flash is off-line
13 May 2014 17:54
Flash
Photographer
Flash
Conwy

When I was out of work 6 years ago, because I owned my own house (mortgage) I didn't get any help with the payments. If I had been renting, I may have got some help. Last week I found out that our septic tank is leaking, and we've received a letter from the council telling us that we need to replace it with a sewage treatment plant at a cost of several thousand pounds. It's times like this I wish I rented!!!
www.fowler-photography.co.uk

Mickey is off-line
17 May 2014 01:26
mikethefoto
Photographer
This member has been suspended
This member has been reset to pending
mikethefoto
Worcestershire

Quote from Darkstudent
you could always live on the street instead ?

Always nice to get a constructive comment - NOT!

AlletunYL is off-line
17 May 2014 04:49
AlletunYL
Photographer

London

What are they doing looking in the washing machine, bit weird???

Kaylie Mansfield is off-line
25 May 2014 18:21
kayliem
Model

Hertfordshire
hertford

my letting agent do seem to be very strict, I know other people in the town who say the same who also rent from them. so at least I know there not just picking on me!

Chrissie Red is off-line
26 May 2014 05:15
Chrissie_Red
Model
Chrissie_Red
Tayside
Perthshire

I've owned my house for nearly 3 years and I get mail through the door every other day for past owners - Hell I even had the last owners own BROTHER turn up and ask if she was around, I explained that she hadn't lived here in at least 4 years and he said "woah she never mentioned a thing to me about it, I only spoke to her on the phone a few days ago and told her I was coming to visit". Unless you buy new then there will always be "past owners/tenants" - I don't feel like my house is any less my house because of these letters.

There are nice things about owning your own home but there are plenty of not so nice things. When you are renting you don't really have "unexpected" big bills. If the roof caves in or the boiler decides its "had enough" then you call the landlord and they foot the bill.. Unfortunately when its your own home you either have to have a chunk of cash to fix the problem/put yourself into debt to fix it or patch it up until you can afford the repairs which isn't always easy. Instead of making my house look "pretty" I've spent soo much money on really f$%king boring things that I wouldn't have even considered when I was renting.

Enjoy this "time" of your life.. You have a bit more freedom than you think

Every 6 months isn't too bad - I had a landlord come and give the place and inspection every 6 months and it didn't bother me.. After all she put in a crap load of work to make the apartment gorgeous, she just wants to check that we haven't been using it like a Chrissie_Red is a naughty person house or breaking her things. (She only rented out the flat we were in, it used to be hers so she cared quite a lot) she wasn't unreasonable though.

The Norfolk Bargee  is off-line
29 May 2014 05:01
BOBREEVES
Photographer

Northamptonshire
Northampton

Oh no you have inspections? I used to have those in Australia and detested them!!

I am probable opening my self for load of abuse..but I am a landlord...Over the past 20 years on and off have rented out houses and a flat. We have a tenant rip us off for 3 month rent ..we had a tenant trash our house.

I at present have a flat a Gorleton with an agent ..(should have done this first with hind sight). 6 month checks are needed to protect the landlord..this property is my pension..as the banks have ripped us all off. Any saving we may have had are worth nothing..a return of 1 to 2%..I am a good landlord ..any thing which need doing is done straight away..it makes sense to look after my investment..but when a tenant leaves and the place is empty I still have a loan to pay also repairs which all come out of the 'alleged' profit. last year I actually made a loss..after repairs etc. mind you save paying tax...

Buying is the best way with out doubt but these days renting is the norm for youngsters, mind you I rented for the first 3 years of marriage..getting on the property ladder is tough..it was I the 60's even when prices were cheaper. it is all prorate.

The Norfolk Bargee  is off-line
29 May 2014 05:02
BOBREEVES
Photographer

Northamptonshire
Northampton

Oh no you have inspections? I used to have those in Australia and detested them!!

I am probable opening my self for load of abuse..but I am a landlord...Over the past 20 years on and off have rented out houses and a flat. We have a tenant rip us off for 3 month rent ..we had a tenant trash our house.

I at present have a flat a Gorleton with an agent ..(should have done this first with hind sight). 6 month checks are needed to protect the landlord..this property is my pension..as the banks have ripped us all off. Any saving we may have had are worth nothing..a return of 1 to 2%..I am a good landlord ..any thing which need doing is done straight away..it makes sense to look after my investment..but when a tenant leaves and the place is empty I still have a loan to pay also repairs which all come out of the 'alleged' profit. last year I actually made a loss..after repairs etc. mind you save paying tax...

Buying is the best way with out doubt but these days renting is the norm for youngsters, mind you I rented for the first 3 years of marriage..getting on the property ladder is tough..it was I the 60's even when prices were cheaper. it is all pro-rata.

Amber West is off-line
31 May 2014 05:15
Amber6
Model
Amber6
Dumfries and Galloway

I live in London, so yes I rent (and with flatmates)
As for inspections, we get them once a year. However, we didn't have the one this year, as they mucked around with the time then didn't come the second time they said they would, on a day I was wanting to spend time getting ready for a web show I was doing (yes, I would love a random person traipsing through my home when I'm doing my bikini line!) so I kicked up a fuss. They were pretty calm last year when they came. I'd be infuriated about someone nitpicking.

33 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
danixhale Krystald Natpenelope Winterlilly
AndiCallen ansonphotography Blancho casell chriscooze davejarvis david1500 davidd200 dhuntuk djb1 dorrian Fluffypup FlyingShot gshocker30 KDP keltica MIB nick34eh Phiesta1 philcarpenter61 Photojames43 PhotoSpyroS Pictureimage Platidonio rembrandt Rscott360 steveh32 ton viewphotographic