Reminder Secure

Renting

Kaylie Mansfield is off-line
09 May 2014 18:07
kayliem
Model

Hertfordshire
hertford

Hi everyone ive been renting for 3 yrs now while im saving for a deposit to buy a house.
Does anyone else who's living in rented accommodation feel down about it? I'll explain why I do sometimes.

No matter how at home I feel, or make it homely I seem to always be aware its not my actual home. I get mail nearly every day through my door for past tenants. Ive had people knock at my door looking for past tenants. My landlord wont let me do anything In the flat, I have inspections every six months and the letting agent always complains about something and sends me rude letters. Eg. complaining my washing machine wasn't clean enough (even though its my machine not supplied with the flat)

Please say its not just me who gets down about renting?

kaylie

w4pictures is off-line
09 May 2014 18:31
w4pictures
Photographer
w4pictures
London
Chiswick

Cheer up! If you're really down about it, maybe look to rent somewhere less oppressive. There must be rentable places where you can genuinely feel at home.

Its a wonderful feeling when you buy your own nest. But don't think owning is some shangri-la. Once the euphoria has worn off, it comes with its own problems and a host of expenses.

How about a small bar of very good chocolate and a quick trawl through zoopla?

Kaylie Mansfield is off-line
09 May 2014 18:39
kayliem
Model

Hertfordshire
hertford

This is my second flat so wont move again until I buy now. I know a lot of people are in the same boat as me. Just waiting and saving. Most of time im very cheerfull

Yes choccie does help!

Paul Venn is off-lineSilver Member
10 May 2014 04:03
jpv
Photographer
jpv
Norfolk
Norwich

It's a "mind-set" thing and to feel differently you must re think your position.

I have many friends in Europe who have never thought about buying their main home as in Paris, Brussels and Berlin you rent year after year after year. They still think of it as home.

It's also interesting that several of them own "holiday homes". The location of these varies from Florida, to around the "Med" but also in London.

Mr D is off-line
10 May 2014 05:02
Darkstudent
Photographer
Darkstudent
Lancashire
Manchester

you could always live on the street instead ?

marlham is off-line
10 May 2014 07:02
marlhamphoto
Photographer
This member has been reset to pending
marlhamphoto
Kent
Canterbury

Look on the bright side - at least it gives you the added impetus to save hard and get into a home of your own as soon as you can. Lots of people just sit back and do nothing to improve their situation despite complaining about it.

gerryquiff is off-lineSilver Member
10 May 2014 18:33
gerryquiff
Photographer
gerryquiff
Lanarkshire
Bonnie Scotland

Quote from kayliem
This is my second flat so wont move again until I buy now. I know a lot of people are in the same boat as me. Just waiting and saving. Most of time im very cheerfull Yes choccie does help!

So you live in a flat on a boat...............

I'm confused 
CAT WANTED. Must be large enough to make Davy Crockett hat. (6 7/8) Prefer ginger

Melissa Tongue is off-lineSilver Member
11 May 2014 06:55
xxmrmthxx
Model
xxmrmthxx
Oxfordshire
Henley-on-thames

Rented once and never again. Now living with partner and his grandparents while we are saving hard. Luckily there is an option of 5% insted of 10% mortgage deposit for first time buyers

HowardJ is off-line
11 May 2014 17:18
HowardJ
Photographer
HowardJ
Surrey
West Midlands

It looks like they're going to be changing the rules for Help To Buy and the mortgage rates are going up. Its helped a few first time buyers but its also helped the rich get richer. Got to love those bankers.

Interest rates will go up later this year.

Cody is off-lineSilver Member
13 May 2014 03:43
Cody
Model
Cody
Oxfordshire
bicester

Oh no you have inspections? I used to have those in Australia and detested them!!

I am renting now but the landlord is pretty laidback so am happy with this at the moment. At least if something breaks you get it replaced and are not tied down.  I would move if I were you though ...wouldn't want to put up with inspections and nasty letters

23 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
Anniebabe fashion29 merseyjen
alt antoinewynn Blancho carpe_diem fannmore Hush IanHighlander jayfish keltica Kjoservices MauricesImagery oro poah rembrandt robski rscott360 si_mo siclews Steveh32 whitepython