Reminder Secure

French wine in America - how much?

rob_s57 is off-line
09 May 2014 12:55
rob_s57
Photographer

Greater Manchester
Manchester

I think I do know what I am talking about. If you read the post I go on to say that we had a vote as to whether or not we wanted to join a free trade area with Europe - I don't remember any mention of a European parliament at the time.

When we want to deport a known terrorist because he is considered to be a threat to our national security and someone in Europe says that our government is not allowed to make that decision, then we are being ruled from overseas.

The following is cut and pasted from the mainstream media, not from a conspiracy website:

"The European Parliament has written to journalists asking them to explain to their readers that the "majority" of laws that affect their lives are made in Brussels.

The letter, written by Björn Kjellström, the head of the UK office of the parliament, is likely designed to encourage reporters to remind voters of the importance of this May's European elections.

The letter says: "Clearly not all citizens are aware that possibly a majority of the laws that have an impact on their daily lives are decided on by MEPs in the European Parliament. That is a democratic problem, and you and other journalists are better placed than anyone to explain what the European Parliament and the European elections are all about."

Neil Anderson is off-line
09 May 2014 16:23
stolenfaces
Photographer
stolenfaces
London
West London

Quote from rob_s57
I think I do know what I am talking about. If you read the post I go on to say that we had a vote as to whether or not we wanted to join a free trade area with Europe - I don't remember any mention of a European parliament at the time.

When we want to deport a known terrorist because he is considered to be a threat to our national security and someone in Europe says that our government is not allowed to make that decision, then we are being ruled from overseas.

The following is cut and pasted from the mainstream media, not from a conspiracy website:

"The European Parliament has written to journalists asking them to explain to their readers that the "majority" of laws that affect their lives are made in Brussels.

The letter, written by Björn Kjellström, the head of the UK office of the parliament, is likely designed to encourage reporters to remind voters of the importance of this May's European elections.

The letter says: "Clearly not all citizens are aware that possibly a majority of the laws that have an impact on their daily lives are decided on by MEPs in the European Parliament. That is a democratic problem, and you and other journalists are better placed than anyone to explain what the European Parliament and the European elections are all about."

You really are just plain ignorant : the delays in deporting people is nothing to do with the Eu.
It is due to the European court of human rights which WE set up (along with others) after the war. If you were interested on these things, it would be simpler for you to google it rather than making ignorant comments here.

[ as this alone shows you are totally uninformed, I did't think it worth reading the rest of you comments]
Like any dealer he was watching for the card that is so high and wild he'll never need to deal another...

Paul thomas Ford is off-lineSilver Member
10 May 2014 01:02
paulford
Photographer
paulford
South Yorkshire
Doncaster

Why would you want to buy French wine in America? buy American wine its a lot better.

Razoir is off-line
10 May 2014 10:08
JeromeRazoir
Photographer
JeromeRazoir
Devon
Crediton

Quote Ps if anyone believes ukip rubbish about 75% of laws being made in Europe, they really must be simple minded - name some.

Ooh, ooh 'nanas, honest boss, honest 'nanas. In der EU you have to have straight 'nanas 'cos you are not allowed bendy 'nanas. In the gurt 'uge 'nana growing region of der Dordogne they have to put their 'nanas into glass cowcumber thingies so they grow straight and not bendy. Now there are not enough glass cowcumber thingies and all the cowcumbers is bendy and the whole universe and civilisation as we kniow it is going to collolapse down about our very ears, innit?

It's TRUE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Who but a jazz man would say of Bridget Bardot, "Man, what key is she in?"

Gary Newton is off-line
10 May 2014 15:13
oceanova
Photographer
oceanova
Essex

I've consumed a fair amount of wine and I prefer Australian, I was in the wolfblass winery outside Adelaide and there yellow label cabernet sauvignon was more expensive than tesco...

theperfectgentleman is off-line
16 May 2014 16:52
theperfectgentleman
Photographer
theperfectgentleman
Essex
Chelmsford

Quote from stolenfaces
You really are just plain ignorant : the delays in deporting people is nothing to do with the Eu. It is due to the European court of human rights which WE set up (along with others) after the war. If you were interested on these things, it would be simpler for you to google it rather than making ignorant comments here. [ as this alone shows you are totally uninformed, I did't think it worth reading the rest of you comments]

As everybody is a world expert on one subject(themselves) their conversations tend to be about what they know most about and It is obvious that the OP in describing himself.  Whats your thoughts?
Is this rant acceptable on the forums? I think it's out of order to call other members ignorant.
Do we want this sort of comments on Purestorm? It's in decline all ready and this sort of comments will move it closer to it's demise, in my honest oppinion.

Neil Anderson is off-line
16 May 2014 18:31
stolenfaces
Photographer
stolenfaces
London
West London

Quote from theperfectgentleman
As everybody is a world expert on one subject(themselves) their conversations tend to be about what they know most about and It is obvious that the OP in describing himself.  Whats your thoughts?

Is this rant acceptable on the forums? I think it's out of order to call other members ignorant.

Do we want this sort of comments on Purestorm? It's in decline all ready and this sort of comments will move it closer to it's demise, in my honest oppinion.

Calling him ignorant is not an opinion it is a fact. He is not expressing an opinion he is repeating something that is untrue. I am giving him the benefit of the doubt by assuming that he is ignorant rather than deliberately spreading lies.

What level of factual error would you call ignorant? The moon being made of cheese, the earth being flat, not knowing that most non-pensioner benefits are paid to the employed, not the unemployed.....
Democracy is founded on the concept of informed electors casting votes. If people are allowed to spread stories that are factually inaccurate (particularly where the story can be easily looked up on Google to ascertain the truth) then we are in the world of Goebbels, North Korea or Orwell's 1984. It is bad enough that the Presidency of the USA is determined largely by who spends the most money, without ordinary people allowing the decline of our own democratic society by being too polite to challenge these untruths.
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke

Like any dealer he was watching for the card that is so high and wild he'll never need to deal another...

EdT is off-line
17 May 2014 04:17
EdT
Photographer
EdT
Cambridgeshire

Quote from theperfectgentleman

Given that the post in question was blaming the EU for our inability to deport terrorist suspects, then either it shows breathtaking ignorance of the difference between the ECHR and the EU, or it was a deliberate attempt to mislead.
I will give the poster the benefit of the doubt and put it down to ignorance.

15 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
Inori Jenny_P_Model rob452 staceyolacey toxicinnocence zavego
63jian AndiCallen copperbronze Gaudinio GGDP_Photography Joolsy JRsPhotography modelboutique
Dav2449