Reminder Secure

Anyone played with the new Sigma 'art' lens' yet?

This thread is being watched by 1 person
Profile Pictures is off-line
09 May 2014 01:51
profilepictures
Photographer
profilepictures
Suffolk
Bury St Edmunds

Being a big fan of three in their range, I wondered if anyone has had a play yet with the new 'art' range? Early reviews seem positive and I find the USB calibration dock a potentially huge step forward as a concept?

Anyone?

David Hunt is off-line
09 May 2014 15:21
dhuntuk
Photographer

Surrey
Camberley

Do you have a link, please?

Because I simply do not know what you are talking about?

Thanks. I mean that in a nice way.

Anthonygh is off-line
09 May 2014 18:48
anthonyh
Photographer

Kent

Questions like this are best posted on fredmiranda.com

09 May 2014 19:55
profilepictures
Photographer
profilepictures
Suffolk
Bury St Edmunds

For profilepictures is a naughty person s sake, one person has the Internet but not the search part apparently? The other wishes to ignore the potential that photographers might be interested in talking about photography related subjects on a photography related site? Is there anyone not afflicted with advanced 'lame' with an insight?

Not that I'm expecting much vivacious and informed interplay really based on the current trend...

Anthonygh is off-line
09 May 2014 20:01
anthonyh
Photographer

Kent

Quote from profilepictures
For anthonyh is a naughty person s sake, one person has the Internet but not the search part apparently? The other wishes to ignore the potential that photographers might be interested in talking about photography related subjects on a photography related site? Is there anyone not afflicted with advanced 'lame' with an insight? Not that I'm expecting much vivacious and informed interplay really based on the current trend...

Not sure what all the above means....but as posted earlier...search fredmiranda.com...the Yanks have researched almost anything photograph in fine detail.....incliding the OPs question.....

Anthonygh is off-line
09 May 2014 20:05
anthonyh
Photographer

Kent

PS: Just looked at the OPs images on here...really interesting stuff.....

09 May 2014 20:10
profilepictures
Photographer
profilepictures
Suffolk
Bury St Edmunds

I give up.

Anthonygh is off-line
09 May 2014 20:22
anthonyh
Photographer

Kent

Quote from profilepictures
I give up.

Might be your best option if you can't take advice...pity.....you have some interesting images....

Simon Chan is off-line
10 May 2014 00:07
Chandos
Photographer

Merseyside
Liverpool

fredmiranda.com is full of hype, virtually any average lens get a good mention.
I will be getting some Sigma Art lens soon as I heard good report from UK owners. These lenses are especially prized by indie filmmakers who consider them optically superior to Canon L lenses.

10 May 2014 04:40
profilepictures
Photographer
profilepictures
Suffolk
Bury St Edmunds

Quote from anthonyh
Might be your best option if you can't take advice...pity.....you have some interesting images....

I wanted to discuss a newly available lens, ideally with a new owner rather than a website reviewer. Better still, someone with experience of the previous Sigma models for a comparison.

I can and regularly do take advice, but I'm careful and selective about those I'd listen carefully to. So many bullprofilepictures is a naughty person merchants around who imagine they used to be a bit special you see?

As for your comment about my photos? It's irrelevant to me. If I'd needed an opinion from a one trick pony with a bygone outlook on photography, I'd have asked in the portfolio review section. However, if selective colour comes back into fashion, you might get a call.

Now, any Sigma 50mm ex dg owners who've made a move to the new 50 1.4 art? Also interested in any hands on experience here from 35mm 1.4 art owners?

4 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
Antz Luchik texpix Willjamieson