Marta Marta is off-line
08 May 2014 15:37
MartaBrixton
Model
MartaBrixton
London
london

Hi, I'm new here and I've got 2 questions:

Q1. Casting calls- I see there is an option to choose adult work, however it doesn't include nudity in general. Majority of castings here include nudity so I have to read it through just to find out it's a nude shoot, which doesn't interest me. Is there any way to exclude castings that require nudity from the search?

Q2. Why is it forbidden to include your facebook name in description? I do it on every other site, simply because I want photographers so see my most recent look and pictures without PS, my every day look- so they know exactly what to expect. Why is it wrong?

Moderator Input
A1. The only two categories on Purestorm are General and Adult
This was decided a little time after Casting Call introduction after other alternatives proved to be unworkable.
A2. Clause 6.1.4 of the Terms of Use was introduced as a Model Safety measure as a result
of problems (some quite serious) which members (mostly models) experienced from external pests.

Many of Purestorm's rules and guidelines were created as a Model Safety precaution
in response to past issues and ALL members are expected to comply with them.

marlham is off-line
08 May 2014 15:46
marlhamphoto
Photographer
This member has been reset to pending
marlhamphoto
Kent
Canterbury

Quote from MartaBrixton
1. Casting calls- I see there is an option to choose adult work, however it doesn't include nudity in general. Majority of castings here include nudity so I have to read it through just to find out it's a nude shoot, which doesn't interest me. Is there any way to exclude castings that require nudity from the search?

Not so far as I know.

Quote from MartaBrixton
2. Why is it forbidden to include your facebook name in description? I do it on every other site, simply because I want photographers so see my most recent look and pictures without PS, my every day look- so they know exactly what to expect. Why is it wrong?

I can't comment on why the site has that policy in place but certainly from my point of view I wouldn't want to have to visit your FB simply to establish your current look. Your portfolio should show it.

Marta Marta is off-line
08 May 2014 16:08
MartaBrixton
Model
MartaBrixton
London
london

Well, I don't want to get rid of all my pictures every time I change hair cut, color or I put/ loose some weight. Also, I just think it is helpful for photographer to see natural pictures, without PS and strong make up. I've seen models who look NOTHING like their portfolio pictures, you would never recognize them. It's not really a problem in my case because my pictures are not photoshopped much BUT I still think it's fair to show the most current and natural pictures. Nobody has to visit my fb but if somebody wants to, why take this opportunity away from them?

marlham is off-line
08 May 2014 16:36
marlhamphoto
Photographer
marlhamphoto
Kent
Canterbury

Quote from MartaBrixton
Well, I don't want to get rid of all my pictures every time I change hair cut, color or I put/ loose some weight. Also, I just think it is helpful for photographer to see natural pictures, without PS and strong make up. I've seen models who look NOTHING like their portfolio pictures, you would never recognize them. It's not really a problem in my case because my pictures are not photoshopped much BUT I still think it's fair to show the most current and natural pictures. Nobody has to visit my fb but if somebody wants to, why take this opportunity away from them?

You have to look at it from the photographer's point of view though. If he's ploughing through dozens of portfolios trying to decide who to book, having to look elsewhere to establish your current look is just as likely to result in a click on the 'close tab' button.

Marta Marta is off-line
08 May 2014 16:49
MartaBrixton
Model
MartaBrixton
London
london

Obviously out of all these portfolios he will choose a few and this could actually help him make the final decision. Plus you can't expect from models to delete all their previous work every time they change something in their look.

marlham is off-line
08 May 2014 16:58
marlhamphoto
Photographer
marlhamphoto
Kent
Canterbury

Quote from MartaBrixton
Obviously out of all these portfolios he will choose a few and this could actually help him make the final decision. Plus you can't expect from models to delete all their previous work every time they change something in their look.

I wouldn't necessarily suggest you update everything unless your weight/figure has changed significantly. A headshot clearly identified as being your current look would probably be enough for most people.

Frank Sinnott is off-line
09 May 2014 08:16
frankpht
Photographer
frankpht
London

Well you could have a paid membership which will give you a bigger port and a better option to add newer images. Personally I don't bother with links to FB. If a port here doesn't grab me then there's no reason to go to FB. It is a good idea not to have links to a model's FB as explained by the Mods.

Seventy Percent Curves is off-line
09 May 2014 10:28
CliveLawrence
Photographer
CliveLawrence
Hampshire
Farnborough

If a model changes her look, she (or he) must change their pictures accordingly, otherwise it's a misrepresentation. Profile notes to indicate the changes are acceptable, but to be referred to other websites is not.

Olga Cabaeva is off-lineSilver Member
12 October 2014 07:01
OlgaCabaeva
Model
OlgaCabaeva
London
London

Not necessary to have posted a link on facebook ,twitter etc ...Professional photographers normally request casting pix without high heels and make up .So,they know how you look like exactly .

Chrissie Red is off-line
12 October 2014 15:46
Chrissie_Red
Model
Chrissie_Red
Tayside
Perthshire

You could always have an up to date "casual snap" in your portfolio.

I had one that was a headshot but it got out of date and I'm too much of a "photoe snob" to put a snapshot up now.

Another thing I think is good about having a premium membership is that people can click the "view work on other portfolios" so people can see all my tagged images, most of which I have no control over so they range from being good to being "not so good" - it means photographers of all levels can see what they are likely to be able to achieve from working with me.

14 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
MissInk78 pinklilly SJH30
bogan browny7 Edphoto Fluffypup George99 Hazy photostevo redtail RenedeHaan sammylhel Steveh32