This thread is being watched by 2 people
Iain Thomson is off-linePlatinum Member
11 May 2014 05:39
IainT
Photographer
IainT
Bedfordshire

Quote from BigEarsPix
Okay I'm a freeloader here and on the other modelling web sites. I regularly look at the forums but all I see is the same old stuff being argued about by the same old mouthy people. Okay you're paid your fees you have the right to bore me to death. The only reason I'm here is to book models and I still find this the best site to do it. Identical castings posted on all the sites and this one consistently gives me far and away the best response.

For me, this is also the bottom line. Booking models is all I'm really interested in and this site is still the best for that purpose in my experience.

I'm always happy to add my tuppence to topics which interest me if I have time, but a busy forum only reflects the posts and views of a small number of members. Most members of model sites...any model site, do not contribute to the forums.
I tend to be a modest man, but then I do have a lot to be modest about.

Suzy Monty is off-line
14 May 2014 03:31
SuzyMonty
Model
SuzyMonty
Cornwall
Truro Cornwall -enjoy travelling! -Published Internationally

Went from a Platinum Account to a Free Account yesterday - I've just downgraded...however, I now see that  there isn't a facility to mark my NAY-KED images PRIVATE - Members Only to view same, as I was able to do on my paid account...a tad annoying, as images end up on Google for general public to see Oh dear, oh dear
Elizabeth Arden quote - 'I'm not interested in age. People who tell their age are silly. You're as old as you feel' OR LOOK...

Bob is off-linePlatinum Member
14 May 2014 05:02
Bob
Photographer
Bob
Devon
Honiton

Quote from IainT
Booking models is all I'm really interested in and this site is still the best for that purpose in my experience.

It's not all that I'm interested in, as I like contributing to forum threads that catch my attention when I have the time, but I have to agree that this is still the best site for sourcing good models. I recently placed a casting call on here and elsewhere, and even though the established models who applied have profiles on the other site it was this one they chose to respond through. The only unsuitable responses came through the other site.
Bob sad

Jaye  is off-line
15 May 2014 02:38
jessicard
Model
This member has been reset to pending
jessicard
Vale of Glamorgan
Cardiff

I disagree. Posted a casting here recently and it has close to 200 views last time I checked but absolutely no responses. Posted it on the other site and got a lot of replies.

Have personally found that to be the way for a good while now. It looks like people are more active on the other site in my eyes anyway.
http://jayerose.tumblr.com/

marlham is off-line
15 May 2014 06:45
marlhamphoto
Photographer
marlhamphoto
Kent
Canterbury

Quote from jessicard
I disagree. Posted a casting here recently and it has close to 200 views last time I checked but absolutely no responses. Posted it on the other site and got a lot of replies. Have personally found that to be the way for a good while now. It looks like people are more active on the other site in my eyes anyway.

If you're referring to your most recent casting which mentions south wales and in particular gloucestershire I can understand why you got a better response there. Certainly whilst I was a member it was a strong area for them whilst my own area - Kent - was as dead as a door nail. Things might have changed in the meantime but I have no intention of re-activating in order to find out. If you're reliant upon modelling for an income then clearly you must chase the money in the most effective way you can.

raw and the cooked is off-line
15 May 2014 11:05
Rawandthecooked
Photographer

London

Hello other site
people! nice to see you are all watching us! for those models wondering where i am, i salute you, you know where to find me! Good to see standards being maintained, send my love to Mr kelly!

WESTEND PORTFOLIOS is off-linePlatinum Member
17 May 2014 08:54
WESTEND_PORTFOLIOS
Photographer
WESTEND_PORTFOLIOS
Glasgow
GLASGOW

has anybody noticed that apart from Jessicard who started this thread and SuzyMonty , its only been photographers who have replied to this thread.
I guess all the models on this site are to busy with shoots.

Suzy Monty is off-line
18 May 2014 10:27
SuzyMonty
Model
SuzyMonty
Cornwall

Quote from WESTEND_PORTFOLIOS
has anybody noticed that apart from Jessicard who started this thread and SuzyMonty , its only been photographers who have replied to this thread. I guess all the models on this site are to busy with shoots.

Since going to a Freebie account - whereby one gets TEN images available, I've since noticed quite a few top models on here only have free accounts - namely because their  good modelling name and many excellent reviews speak for themselves.

Good reviews usually equals plenty of more shoots...and within ten images, one can encapsulate basically what a photographer is looking for...i.e. knows how to pose, photogenic, good figure etc.,

However, If I was a photographer I think I would still have a Platinum Account to show as many different styles and models that had worked with, as possible.

A professional model agency after all, usually  has basic photographs of any given model, to show full length and headshot plus profile pictures of models on their books to entice bookings.

A professional model doing the casting rounds, usually has a basic 12 picture portfolio to show clients, showing up-todate images.

Some Photographers or photographic studios have portfolio images going back years to prove what they are capable of, with lighting and different genres etc., Multi images.

And generally a photographer's professional life is longer than that of a model.

So perhaps a model doesn't actually need a huge profile. As long as their basic images are up-todate and representative of their capabilities in modelling, that's all that matters?

Whereas a photographer has to capture on image, all the models ( with many varied looks)  all of the time...

Purestorm is still my favourite modelling site.

Elizabeth Arden quote - 'I'm not interested in age. People who tell their age are silly. You're as old as you feel' OR LOOK...

marlham is off-line
18 May 2014 11:38
marlhamphoto
Photographer
marlhamphoto
Kent
Canterbury

In my experience, as a photographer obviously, the thing most likely to generate interest from models is the simple act of posting images. Either if I post them myself or if the model does. It works even with a small portfolio. If you want plenty of interest post often. Just having a large portfolio, of itself, does nothing.

Facebook is particularly good at generating interest although it can be a double-edged sword. At times I deliberately hold back posting stuff because I simply can't do everything I get approached for.

Suzy Monty is off-line
18 May 2014 12:14
SuzyMonty
Model
SuzyMonty
Cornwall

Quote from marlhamphoto
In my experience, as a photographer obviously, the thing most likely to generate interest from models is the simple act of posting images. Either if I post them myself or if the model does. It works even with a small portfolio. If you want plenty of interest post often. Just having a large portfolio, of itself, does nothing.

Facebook is particularly good at generating interest although it can be a double-edged sword. At times I deliberately hold back posting stuff because I simply can't do everything I get approached for.

sadHee! Hee! You just answered my next question - which was how MANY images do people need to see on a profile, before they decide to work with them...It seems a small port will work as well as a huge one...it's quality surely, not quantity that counts - plus keeping the port fresh and up-todate.
I came off FB - too many GWC 's...Happy to work with amateurs as well as pro's , but some of the weirdo's on there...Plus FB is addictive and can be a time-waster...
With Purestorm, everything is well monitored. Plus I prefer the review system.

22 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
danixhale Kitty_1 Softgentle
ad360photo adimages ansonphotography antoinewynn BOBREEVES chicimages david1500 digitalmood ElegantCaptures Fashionphotography ignite Jobe lenspoynter Millzy82 Rscott360 sjamesphotos skymouse Stoker tricky881