Reminder Secure

How do I downgrade my account?

This thread is being watched by 2 people
09 May 2014 11:59
Photobomber
Photographer
This member has been suspended

I had a break from purestorm and it's now where near what it was. Just not as active. I think pp is way to in your face in terms of design. Yeah a mobile device app for purestorm....would be well popular

09 May 2014 12:00
Photobomber
Photographer
This member has been suspended

Dare I say with built in editing suite for models?!? Is that sacrilege ha

Pentti Pohjonen is off-lineSilver Member
09 May 2014 12:59
PHP_Photography
Photographer
PHP_Photography
Finland
VAASA

Quote from Photobomber
Yeah a mobile device app for purestorm....would be well popular

Apple wouldn't allow one so it  would be Anroid/WP only.

David Hunt is off-line
09 May 2014 15:03
dhuntuk
Photographer

Surrey
Camberley

I think it maybe time to go back to the old days when this site was promoted as a 'Community for models and photographers' and not the current 'Portfolio hosting site' when they revamped it many years ago alongside the introduction of the anonymous, and faceless, forum moderators.

The push to rebrand this site as purely a portfolio hosting site seems to be the reason why the forums are dead. After all, this site has maintained in the near past that the forums are 'Extras' and a privilege for site members.

Bring back the community, drop Worldpay, bring back moderators you can identify with and lose the three tier paid member scheme. Be free or be paid.

Oh, and as a free member paying paid members for shoots, increase the search facility parameters for free members.

I have been perusing this site for 10 years, and having only been a free member for a few brief months, I have seen this site get quieter.

However, I would not surrender a paid membership if I were a professional seeking payment. There is no return for this site.

Dominic Thurmer is off-linePlatinum Member
10 May 2014 04:50
dominicdgt
Photographer
dominicdgt
Kent
Gillingham

Although I appreciate everyones sentiments regards the vitality of this site I'm not sure you can declare the site is dead or on life support, search out models Uk and there are in excess of 400 paying models who log on regularly and the count goes beyond 20 pages (with 20 models per page remember) by the 25th page the still paid up members log on rates are mixed with most 50% active 50% just logged on this year. Its not until page 39 or 750 models down the list that free members make an appearance in the search facility. I'd suggest there is a hard core 500 models active on the site with a spread of membership levels Platinum 3.5 pages with silver showing at approx page 9-10.

A friend looking to setup his own version calculated the income revenue from all the membership here on PS and it was a very reasonable income rate, especially if you were working and used it to fund your own photography.

The test will be to look at membership rates every quarter to see the actual decline, clearly there is one but the forums as mentioned not always the best way to judge. Looking below at the current log in rate (145 members at 9.50am 160 at 12.45 when I came back and changed a wrong word) is a substantially smaller rate than say a year ago!

Dominic

marlham is off-line
10 May 2014 08:00
marlhamphoto
Photographer
This member has been reset to pending
marlhamphoto
Kent
Canterbury

Quote from Gerry99111
One more time and then I give in.

So be it. But the fact is that other people, presumably including those who manage this site, have a different view about the services it does or should provide. If I'm honest you seem to be bound up in a somewhat nostalgic sense of what this site used to be. You need to move on, look outside the box and swallow a dose of reality!
Quote from Gerry99111
The site will know how many models are left on this site and that is what is important if they need to act.

Important to whom? You, or the people who manage the site? What about the people who use and benefit from its services every day without the need to visit the forum or even log in at all? Totally unaware of all this drama...
Quote from Gerry99111
There are very few models left on the site who have logged on recently and are actively using it. Why are you going on about anything else.

They don't need to log in to benefit from the service the site provides. To me that's perfectly normal for a portfolio hosting site. I've explained it alongside my other posts in this thread. You really need to look outside that box you're totally wrapped up in.
Quote from Gerry99111
They have all left bar a small number.

There are lots of models using this site for portfolio hosting. There are lots of models paying the site for that service. Quite obviously that statement is wrong.
Quote from Gerry99111
No one is interested in why they have gone or doing anything to get them back.

Some have gone and personally I have reservations about welcoming them back. But I see signs that the site doesn't hold any grudges. Therefore I assume that those who choose to return to the site will be free to do so. But clearly it's up to them and I don't see why PS needs to make any particular effort in that regard.
Quote from Gerry99111
How many photographers do you think will pay to use this site if there is a handful of models left. The site will know far better than me but there is probably less than 10% of the models on here than 2 years ago. How many long term photographers are on here? Again, I bet between 10 and 20% of 2 years ago.

What makes you think the site wants to maximise membership or subscriptions? That's certainly not the impression I get.
Quote from Gerry99111
They have not all just vanished. They have gone else where. Most of the models I have worked with are still active and working on other sites.

Why does it bother you where they are? It's only you that seems bothered about it. As I said before I can't understand why this is an issue for you unless you rely on forums to generate interest from models.
Quote from Gerry99111
Their account here has either been deactivated or set to free membership but either way, they are not using the site anymore and don't log on or answer emails here.

It's common across all sites - people use other means of communication these days which is much more immediate. Get yourself off the sites and discover a much wider world.
Quote from Gerry99111
I will repeat again, I am making no point other than a lot of models and photographers have left the site and continue to do so or stop contributing to its upkeep [as the OP started this thread suggested].

If that position is not turned around, the site will cease to exist as it did before and have to become something else

The site is already something else - you just don't see it or don't want to accept it.

Gerry is off-line
10 May 2014 10:41
Gerry99111
Photographer
Gerry99111
Surrey
Guildford

If you have to ask why I do it, you will never understand the reason why

Seventy Percent Curves is off-line
10 May 2014 11:52
CliveLawrence
Photographer
CliveLawrence
Hampshire
Farnborough

I don't know what all the fuss is about, I like Purestorm.
Inter alia, Jessica's accent is also nice

Roger Vaughan is off-line
11 May 2014 04:43
BigEarsPix
Photographer
BigEarsPix
Warwickshire
Rugby

Okay I'm a freeloader here and on the other modelling web sites. I regularly look at the forums but all I see is the same old stuff being argued about by the same old mouthy people. Okay you're paid your fees you have the right to bore me to death. The only reason I'm here is to book models and I still find this the best site to do it. Identical castings posted on all the sites and this one consistently gives me far and away the best response.
Roger Vaughan

11 May 2014 05:58
Socialdisaster
Photographer

Quote from BigEarsPix
Identical castings posted on all the sites and this one consistently gives me far and away the best response.

This I found also, the same casting on PS, PP and MM gave results in that order: PS, PP, MM. What i did find interesting is that models on all sites would reply via PS as a preference.

I'm a freeloader here, btw, partly because my card was stolen and it's too much hassle to deal with world pay (seriously, it's 2014, take paypal or direct) but also because I've spent 4+ months emailing admin here to help me change my login name.

The thing about models, across the board is that best models usually don't go near forums. Of course, there are exceptions, but forums tend to be visited by the wannabes and the shouldn't bes.
Modesty is just arrogance in stealth mode

30 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
KinkyKaycee Missminiskirt toxicinnocence
alanbassettphotography ansonphotography Cliff Creativedge dave1980 DAVEYC djb1 Dolayley Don_Dark Hioctane James7799 jccj1 john2017 JohnDentonPhoto keltica Kjoservices mg mike0048 Philski photomart photostevo RealityImaging Reynard ricciarelli steveh32 Steveharratt Twilightphotography